News 2018 ticket price increases

smile

Not only that...in the next two weeks there will be thousands (if not tens of thousands) of posts across al gore's internet frantically asking when its gonna go up? to "hurry up and buy"

I've always thought that an odd move. Accelerate planning and pay now (I'm guessing more than often with interest) to save $40 or so a ticket (sometimes more, sometimes less)?

Tickets have gone up, and gotten worse, a huge amount over 15 years in aggregate
...it just seems like an odd reaction to save what amounts to a tiny fraction for a trip or year.

the same thing leading folks to stand in queue for two hours on customer appreciation day for a one dollar six inch sub.

don't really blame it here, tho...
can you fault the peeps not wanting to give a nickel more than they have to?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
the same thing leading folks to stand in queue for two hours on customer appreciation day for a one dollar six inch sub.

don't really blame it here, tho...
can you fault the peeps not wanting to give a nickel more than they have to?

I don't blame anyone...

But next year it will be the same dance on a ticket that's 6% higher in the aggregate...it's just living a year behind

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
You meant the part about staying rental homes? Basically a comparison of people I know and work with and the general members of several UK forums I am a member of, most stay in rental homes.
Fair enough. It is just i see more of the opposite. People that are going for 2 weeks are staying on property (maybe with a uni split stay). because there are some great deals to be had from the UK.

disneyflush

I don't blame anyone...

But next year it will be the same dance on a ticket that's 6% higher in the aggregate...it's just living a year behind

Ticket prices for the opening of SW land won't go up 6%. This land will be a testing ground of ways to break existing price ceilings for everything from hard ticket events all the way down to food. This is the one, this is the opportunity for Disney to truly charge whatever they want and have people respond with zero hesitation to pay. Disney will call the reasoning a safety issue when they limit guests in the land each day to a low number with standby lines to get in bordering on 6 or 7 hours. However, guests willing to spend $199 each can reserve their spot alongside 2,500 other lucky fans to have their run of the place each night from 8 until midnight. All the rides, shops, guests experiences without the crowds. People will pay it. An interactive wand over at Uni costs $50. How much will an interactive light saber cost? I'm fascinated by it all and I think it will truly be a marketing/pricing case study for decades after it opens.

clarabellej

I'm seeing rumblings on #DisTwitter about next month? Thoughts? I'm planning a November trip and I want to make sure I put my deposit down before they jack up the prices again.
I still need to pay a little over $600 on our package for March. Deadline is Feb 9th. I was planning on paying on the first of Feb/tomorrow. Should I pay today?? Can the price go up on my package with a ticket price increase?? Or I’d my price “locked in?”

D M C

I still need to pay a little over $600 on our package for March. Deadline is Feb 9th. I was planning on paying on the first of Feb/tomorrow. Should I pay today?? Can the price go up on my package with a ticket price increase?? Or I’d my price “locked in?”
My final payment is also due on the 9th. My balance due is the amount I will pay, not going to increase.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ticket prices for the opening of SW land won't go up 6%. This land will be a testing ground of ways to break existing price ceilings for everything from hard ticket events all the way down to food. This is the one, this is the opportunity for Disney to truly charge whatever they want and have people respond with zero hesitation to pay. Disney will call the reasoning a safety issue when they limit guests in the land each day to a low number with standby lines to get in bordering on 6 or 7 hours. However, guests willing to spend $199 each can reserve their spot alongside 2,500 other lucky fans to have their run of the place each night from 8 until midnight. All the rides, shops, guests experiences without the crowds. People will pay it. An interactive wand over at Uni costs $50. How much will an interactive light saber cost? I'm fascinated by it all and I think it will truly be a marketing/pricing case study for decades after it opens.

Granted...I wasn't thinking specifically of that opening...more general terms.

They can break price ceilings all they want with Star Wars...

As an avid, dedicated Star Wars fan from Gen X...I'm not interested in rushing the gate on that at all. I'll get there whenever I get there and won't pay ransom for it.

The direction that Disney has taken with the movies has extinguished the torch for me.

bwilliams1205

I'm so sick of Disney. It's truly NOT worth what you pay. I've been many times in my life but Disney has declined tremendously with their "morals and values". It is NOT a family friendly place anymore. They over inflate their prices because of their incredible greed. Many families can never even think of being able to afford to take their family on a trip there. There are several areas in the parks that have never been updated (since opening) and it shows. Disney's incredible greed and anti-family attitude is horrendous. Also their parking is terrible. We enjoy Universal much more. Just a side note...Disney needs to learn a few things from Universal. Parking garages are so much better and convenient. You think too much of yourself Disney. Mr. Walt Disney would be so ashamed at what you have become. This was not what he envisioned.

michmousefan

I'm so sick of Disney. It's truly NOT worth what you pay. I've been many times in my life but Disney has declined tremendously with their "morals and values". It is NOT a family friendly place anymore. They over inflate their prices because of their incredible greed. Many families can never even think of being able to afford to take their family on a trip there. There are several areas in the parks that have never been updated (since opening) and it shows. Disney's incredible greed and anti-family attitude is horrendous. Also their parking is terrible. We enjoy Universal much more. Just a side note...Disney needs to learn a few things from Universal. Parking garages are so much better and convenient. You think too much of yourself Disney. Mr. Walt Disney would be so ashamed at what you have become. This was not what he envisioned.
Hmmm... joined 22 minutes ago... only one post... Russian bots have invaded WDWM?

mikejs78

Premium Member
So don't go.

JoeCamel

My final payment is also due on the 9th. My balance due is the amount I will pay, not going to increase.
Once you book the package the price won't be changed.

Tom P.

Newly created account stops by to tell us that Universal, home of such events as Halloween Horror Nights, is way superior to Walt Disney World, which is no good because it is no longer family friendly. Got it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom