News 2018 ticket price increases

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Very possible. However, if it is Brian Williams, he likely has never been to either Walt Disney World or Universal Orlando, and we'll later find out that the experiences he's referring to actually took place at his local mall.
CD8A6A51-3E45-40AB-934A-E8FEE3504368.jpeg

GeoffR

Like everyone else on here, I dread this time of year for this reason. To put it simply, it's depressing, and certainly reading all these posts doesn't help.

Looking at the charts and graphs people posted, I'm not surprised by the price increase gap between Iger and Eisner. I always just assumed the prices have increased more rapidly under Bob's reign, but at least this proves it. I've said this several times: I'm not a Bob Iger fan. Yes, he's bought properties to make money on, but Eisner, love him or despise him, grew the Disney Parks like no one else.

Under Eisner, we got two water parks, a third and fourth gate, tons of hotels, international parks, and some of the best attractions out there; TOT, Splash Mountain etc. Under Iger...not so much, yes New Fantasyland is great...but outside of that, as far as the parks are concerned, he's raised prices for no new experiences unless you live in China. It's more lazy IP overlays rather than new/original ideas. Also, are there 2 new hotels under him? Compare that to Eisner's almost dozen.

SWGE, I'm sure will be great, but I'm not a fan of what Disney has done to Star Wars at all; the new movies just don't do it for me, and it's hard to get excited for something that comes out every year. Like other posts have said, SWGE is going to lead to just more price hikes. TSL and SWGE aren't even gates, they are lands. Imagine how high prices would be if Iger added a new gate?! That stuff will give you nightmares.

I absolutely love WDW, but Iger isn't good for it at this point. Say what you will about Eisner, but he and Wells were an amazing team, that were focused on the Park expansion, guest experience, and original concepts. I'll take great original concepts over buying some else's ideas any day.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Like everyone else on here, I dread this time of year for this reason. To put it simply, it's depressing, and certainly reading all these posts doesn't help.

Looking at the charts and graphs people posted, I'm not surprised by the price increase gap between Iger and Eisner. I always just assumed the prices have increased more rapidly under Bob's reign, but at least this proves it. I've said this several times: I'm not a Bob Iger fan. Yes, he's bought properties to make money on, but Eisner, love him or despise him, grew the Disney Parks like no one else.

Under Eisner, we got two water parks, a third and fourth gate, tons of hotels, international parks, and some of the best attractions out there; TOT, Splash Mountain etc. Under Iger...not so much, yes New Fantasyland is great...but outside of that, as far as the parks are concerned, he's raised prices for no new experiences unless you live in China. It's more lazy IP overlays rather than new/original ideas. Also, are there 2 new hotels under him? Compare that to Eisner's almost dozen.

SWGE, I'm sure will be great, but I'm not a fan of what Disney has done to Star Wars at all; the new movies just don't do it for me, and it's hard to get excited for something that comes out every year. Like other posts have said, SWGE is going to lead to just more price hikes. TSL and SWGE aren't even gates, they are lands. Imagine how high prices would be if Iger added a new gate?! That stuff will give you nightmares.

I absolutely love WDW, but Iger isn't good for it at this point. Say what you will about Eisner, but he and Wells were an amazing team, that were focused on the Park expansion, guest experience, and original concepts. I'll take great original concepts over buying some else's ideas any day.

Two different eras of Disney theme parks, to be sure, and it's hard to compare one with the other. One CEO built them up while the other CEO neglected them for years and now bleeds them for all their worth. For all of Eisner's flaws, and he had many, especially after Wells' death and after his heart attack, he showed a lot of love for the parks. While Iger started off on the right foot, with the no-brainer acquisition of Pixar after Eisner bungled the relationship horribly, he turned into nothing more than a puppet to the Wall Street puppet masters. He answers to them, and them alone.

So yeah, I'm a little bitter about how Iger has treated the theme parks. For someone who grew up loving them and passing that love as best as he could onto his kids, it's difficult to not be bitter given how they have been treated under Iger.

GeoffR

Two different eras of Disney theme parks, to be sure, and it's hard to compare one with the other. One CEO built them up while the other CEO neglected them for years and now bleeds them for all their worth. For all of Eisner's flaws, and he had many, especially after Wells' death and after his heart attack, he showed a lot of love for the parks. While Iger started off on the right foot, with the no-brainer acquisition of Pixar after Eisner bungled the relationship horribly, he turned into nothing more than a puppet to the Wall Street puppet masters. He answers to them, and them alone.

So yeah, I'm a little bitter about how Iger has treated the theme parks. For someone who grew up loving them and passing that love as best as he could onto his kids, it's difficult to not be bitter given how they have been treated under Iger.

Yea, I agree. All Iger has done is aquire. Let'

GeoffR

I agree. All Iger has done is aquire, and let's not forget he can't even do anything with Marvel at WDW. I wish his contract would stop being extended, reminds of Palpatine lol

Casper Gutman

Newly created account stops by to tell us that Universal, home of such events as Halloween Horror Nights, is way superior to Walt Disney World, which is no good because it is no longer family friendly. Got it.
I think its fairly clear that the poster meant that the absurd prices at WDW seem to actively discourage visits from middle-class families. Which is a legitimate point. At the moment, Uni is a far better value than WDW.

Citing Halloween Horror Nights - an after-hours, upcharge event - as an example of how Uni is not family friendly is intellectually dishonest. Despicable Me, Seuss, Potter - Uni is plenty family friendly. And its getting moreso with the addition of more Potter, Nintendo, etc.

MinnieWaffles

I think its fairly clear that the poster meant that the absurd prices at WDW seem to actively discourage visits from middle-class families. Which is a legitimate point. At the moment, Uni is a far better value than WDW.

Citing Halloween Horror Nights - an after-hours, upcharge event - as an example of how Uni is not family friendly is intellectually dishonest. Despicable Me, Seuss, Potter - Uni is plenty family friendly. And its getting moreso with the addition of more Potter, Nintendo, etc.

And of course, you're not biased or anything...You may like huge rollercoasters but most families want Disney.

EOD K9

I've already purchased my tickets for my trip in March; if they raise prices tomorrow lets say, do I need to pay a difference?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom