2018 Pricing

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Rack rates appear to be up :). Now - as DVC members, we check these in the main Hotels to track our break even point for initial investment. Later? We will check the true, DISCOUNT rates. As always, the prices you see are what Disney would LIKE to get :).

Just to shine a little reality on all this... our APR 2018 cost, per night, at BRV will be $110.10 per night per dues cost. Every time Rack goes UP? Our upfront cost goes down. It is rapidly approaching ZERO, far faster than we thought it would.

We will hit break even in 2018 ... FIVE years after buy in, in 2013. After APR 2018? We make out like bandits :). This is sort of the "thing" with DVC.... you really save NOTHING until you "pay off" your initial cash investment :).

DisneyJoe

DisneyJoe

Well, be prepared for more downtime! From the travel agent's site

"On June 22, 2017, we will implement a system update impacting both call center and online bookings. Walt Disney World Resort and Aulani bookings will be unavailable from approximately 3 a.m.-8 a.m. ET. Disneyland Resort bookings will be unavailable from approximately 6 a.m.-1 p.m. ET."

CaptainAmerica

Well, be prepared for more downtime! From the travel agent's site

"On June 22, 2017, we will implement a system update impacting both call center and online bookings. Walt Disney World Resort and Aulani bookings will be unavailable from approximately 3 a.m.-8 a.m. ET. Disneyland Resort bookings will be unavailable from approximately 6 a.m.-1 p.m. ET."
Is it possible the system is down already? I'm looking at AKV - Jambo from August 3 - 11 and I don't see any availability at all. Or is this just going to be the case until the AKV DVC members have their 11 month window go past?

DisneyJoe

Is it possible the system is down already? I'm looking at AKV - Jambo from August 3 - 11 and I don't see any availability at all. Or is this just going to be the case until the AKV DVC members have their 11 month window go past?
If you are trying to look at DVC in 2018, yes, you will need to consider the 11 month window.

CaptainAmerica

So this is interesting (to me, at least). Looking at my preferred dates next August, I'm seeing Wilderness Lodge standard view at $348 per night, quite a bit less than Animal Kingdom Lodge standard view at $371 per night. I don't think I've ever seen that before. Animal Kingdom Lodge standard view has been the cheapest Deluxe resort room for as long as I can remember.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom