2018 Holiday Entertainment Schedule

Gringrinngghost

Original Poster
(In the tune of Jingle bells)
Dashing through the snow, on a headless horseman's horse, on a summer day, cursing all the way. Why are the events, so darn early now, can we start later, like early in the fall, but that would be no fun, when cash is in the way.

This is not written for the young or the light of heart, not for the tranquil species of men whose souls are content with the simple pleasures of family, church, or profession. Rather, I write to those beings like myself whose existence is compounded by a lurid intermingling of the dark and the light; who can judge rationally and think with reason, yet who feel too keenly and churn with too great a passion; who have an incessant longing for happiness and yet are shadowed by a deep and persistent melancholy—those who grasp gratification where they may, but find no lasting comfort for the soul.

So boils and ghouls, it's that time of the year again. When we make our pilgrimage to the nearest cracker barrel or Costco to see what spooky and kooky things will be terrorizing us all. Alas, that time of the year where we are about to go deep into celebration, and with that comes some of our favorite times of the year. Whether it be Halloween or Christmas, we shall get together to celebrate the things in our life such as Morbidity, Family and New Beginnings. It's also time to make a new set of memories that we will cherish forever. Without Further Delay, I present to you the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, 2018 Entertainment Schedule.

The Previous Schedule is below then will be followed by the October schedule. Any Changes will be highlighted in Red.

August 17th - September 28th, MNSSHP Entertainment Schedule:
Happy HalloWishes Fireworks: 10:15pm
Mickey's "Boo-to-You" Halloween Parade: 9:15pm & 11:15pm
Cadaver Dans: 7pm, 7:45pm, 8:30pm, 9:50pm & 10:30pm
Monstrous Scream-O-Ween Ball: 7pm-12am
Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular: 8:30pm, 10:45pm & 12am
Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jam: 7pm-10pm
Frontierland Costume Promenade: 8:50pm, 10:50pm

Updated September 30th - October 31st MNSSHP Entertainment Schedule:
Happy HalloWishes Fireworks: 10:15pm
Mickey's "Boo-to-You" Halloween Parade: 9:15pm & 11:15pm
Cadaver Dans: 7:15pm, 8:00pm, 8:50pm, 9:55pm & 10:50pm
Monstrous Scream-O-Ween Ball: 7pm-12am
Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular: 7:40pm (Added Show), 8:35pm (Revised time from 8:30pm), 10:45pm & 12am
Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jam: 7pm-10pm (Subject to change)
Frontierland Costume Promenade: 8:50pm, 10:50pm (Subject to change)

Friendly Note: With Hocus Pocus usually running 22 minutes, that will bleed into the Hub's crowds for those wanting to see the parade and fireworks. You can skip the first Hocus Pocus since it will have an about a 20-minute break. However, after the second show the Headless Horseman kicks off around 5 minutes before the parade steps off (9:10pm). From there will be the Zootopia Party Patrol. That would provide in the Hub about between the second Hocus Pocus and the Headless Horseman about 10 minutes between the two which will have Cast members wanting to clear out the street as fast as possible. Just take it as a word of caution.

Lastly, if anyone wonders. My favorite sister is Sarah — there is just something about a sadistic sense of humor that appeals to me.

Well, that's all for now.

(Note: After the poorly written song is a quote by B.E. Scully)

Last edited:

Gringrinngghost

Original Poster
Halloween Freeform Specials:

Freeform's newly expanded 31 nights of halloween event will also be the exclusive television home for the film “Hocus Pocus,” which is celebrating its 25 anniversary, and will end with an all-day marathon featuring the hauntingly beautiful Sanderson Sisters. Also marking a huge milestone, “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas” will celebrate its 25 anniversary on Oct. 29!

Freeform will premiere on October 14th, Decorating Disney: Halloween Magic, which will give audiences a spooky behind the scenes tour on how Halloween “spirits” spread throughout the Disney parks. From the executive producers of the “Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings” series and last year’s special “Decorating Disney: Holiday Magic,” viewers will learn how the dedicated team of Disney cast members bring Halloween to life with pumpkins, ghosts and ghoulish delights around every corner of these magical destinations.

Sunday, October 14
Freeform Premiere 8pm/7c Decorating Disney: Halloween Magic
Tuesday, October 16
3:30pm/2:30c Decorating Disney: Halloween Magic
Wednesday, October 24
4pm/3c Decorating Disney: Halloween Magic
Wednesday, October 31
11:30am/10:30c Decorating Disney: Halloween Magic

On a more cheerful beating a dead horse note: If you want more Hocus Pocus, Freeform (Formerly ABC Family) will be showing it to your heart's content during the 31 Nights of Halloween. It will be played to an eye-bleeding 28 times to be exact with an half-day marathon on Halloween.

Freeform Schedule: https://freeform.go.com/31-nights-o...al-31-nights-of-halloween-2018-movie-schedule

Last edited:

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Interesting that the Peace on Earth tag starts on Thanksgiving this year in Illuminations (based on the 9:30PM closing at EPCOT this year for Thanksgiving day). Doesn't it and the processional usually start the Friday afterwords?

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
Apparently, both Christmas overlays for Trolley Show and MRFF are not happening this year. They’re wanting to see if not having holiday overlays actually has a negative effect on guests.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Last year they began the Peace on Earth tag the first night of the International Festival of the Holidays (which was the Sunday before Thanksgiving). So I assume it would be the same this Christmas.

I don't think the Peace on Earth tag starts with the Festival though. I've always been told the 9:30 start time for Illuminations was how you could tell if it had a special tag, and the 9:30 start time doesn't commence until Thanksgiving, with the Festival starting earlier this year.

jrhwdw

Apparently, both Christmas overlays for Trolley Show and MRFF are not happening this year. They’re wanting to see if not having holiday overlays actually has a negative effect on guests.
It Should have a negative effect! No Night Parade at MK should have a negative effect! ROL with No performers should have a negative effect!
and
What happened to the budget for Christmas Trolley and MRFF?!?!?! Who's running WDW these days!!!!!!! What's next?!?! MOUACT is cut down this year????

jrhwdw

I wish they'd do away with the meaningless and uninspiring Fall overlay! <rolls eyes>
Why? Why should MK cut more seasonal offerings????? The song Autumn MRFF uses was a big hit for DLP's Halloweens before the 25th. Autumn Trolley was The first big upgrade the show had.

I could be overreacting here but the more TDO cuts, the more I worry about ROE's Replacement!

eddie104

Why? Why should MK cut more seasonal offerings????? The song Autumn MRFF uses was a big hit for DLP's Halloweens before the 25th. Autumn Trolley was The first big upgrade the show had.

I could be overreacting here but the more TDO cuts, the more I worry about ROE's Replacement!
Really ??? :banghead:

HappyHaunt97

I'll be very surprised if this ends up being the case. What would the motivation be? They would still have to pay the performers, regardless of what version of the show is performed. If this does happen, I'll be totally convinced that Disney is just careless and lazy at this point.

peter11435

I'll be very surprised if this ends up being the case. What would the motivation be? They would still have to pay the performers, regardless of what version of the show is performed. If this does happen, I'll be totally convinced that Disney is just careless and lazy at this point.
They would save the training/rehearsal budget. Not much else.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

It's just costumes and a change of one song for the castle show and a song set for the trolleyers. The basic show is just fine as it is. And, IMO, the fall songs are boring... and during daylight hours, it don't feel like Fall, no matter how many fake colored leaves they use.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom