News 2018 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

palmickey420

Are they going to be doing the trader sams event again this year? I was lucky enough to do it their first year but I called too late last year and missed out

Biff215

I see they are playing September 4-5 which puts them in the Orlando area just before Rock the Universe at UOR. Probably not a coincidence.
They were actually a regular at Night of Joy so these dates seem to coincide with that before it was cancelled. It doesn’t appear they’ll be at Universal although they have a phenomenal lineup this year IMO.

Tauren Wells is another up and coming CCM artist performing Food & Wine in September. Saw him in concert recently, really talented guy.

Despite many of these artists’ best days being behind them, this really is an impressive list, at least for the 35+ crowd. Makes me wish we had a trip planned this fall.

CaptainShortty

I will be there as well pending any major changes as they have now pushed back registration...

Registration for Wine and Dine was not delayed as it’s already sold out. Only Marathon, Princess and Star Wars 2019 were affected by the delay. Dates for W&D 2019 haven’t come out yet as it’s in the 2019/2020 race season.

Tobes58

Are they going to be doing the trader sams event again this year? I was lucky enough to do it their first year but I called too late last year and missed out
They have not put out the Trader Sam's dates yet. My wife and I went last year, the week after the hurricane, it was fantastic!! Hope we can get a reservation for this year!! If you never did it, it is well worth the $$, lots of fun!!!

Princess Leia

They have not put out the Trader Sam's dates yet. My wife and I went last year, the week after the hurricane, it was fantastic!! Hope we can get a reservation for this year!! If you never did it, it is well worth the $$, lots of fun!!!
Can I ask what the Trader Sam’s event is?

Rteetz

Registration for Wine and Dine was not delayed as it’s already sold out. Only Marathon, Princess and Star Wars 2019 were affected by the delay. Dates for W&D 2019 haven’t come out yet as it’s in the 2019/2020 race season.
Um yes it was delayed from its original date but like you said went on sale and has sold out. I am registered for Wine and Dine. It was delayed a week or so.

DisneyFreak

We've seen some good acts during Food & Wine over the years (38 Special, Night Ranger, Air Supply, Gin Blossoms, etc.) but we always seem to miss Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. I really need to try and make it there for the last weekend of the festival one of these years.

gdrj

So they sure can release the dates for Food and Wine festival but we have to wait another 4 months for the holiday entertainment list to be published.

This is much earlier than past. Totally screws me up, I had not finalized dates yet, so cant book events. Oh well

Princess Leia

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/food-wine-new-experiences/ I don't know if it's been posted here yet, but there are some new things listed on the site, including:
  • Mimosa bar at the Festival Center (not sure if this means Wonders of Life, the Odyssey, or a different location that I'm not thinking of)
  • Kids Playground (doesn't say where it's at or how it's themed)
  • Junior Chef Kitchen presented by Krusteaz

imarc

They had a playground at the Flower & Garden west of the walking path that leads from Imagination to Canada. It would make sense to put it there again. It's not a main path but still easy to find.

peter11435

They had a playground at the Flower & Garden west of the walking path that leads from Imagination to Canada. It would make sense to put it there again. It's not a main path but still easy to find.
That area is usually fully occupied by 3-4 food and wine booths for the festival. Still a possibility though.

During Flower and Garden they also have a playground in future world east near test track so maybe they will use that location.

Tobes58

This was on another site I visit not official Disney site, if it is true, No Trader Sam's this year. BUMMER!!!!

Confirmed that all events outside of Epcot are not returning, including Trader Sam’s Behind the Scenes and Grand Floridian Brunch with a Twist, all culinary adventures in signature dining — events at places like Flying Fish, Victoria and Albert’s, etc.
Other events NOT returning: Japanese craft beer tasting, Morocco Food and Wine Pairing (Mediterranean food and wine pairing IS returning).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom