2018 - Big Year

matt9112

What is this high standard that universal has? Rides.....gates.....all that aside it doesn't do it for me like WDW I enjoy universal and love much of it but something says meh...grańted I love butter beer.

Here's to hopes WDW grows.

DizFiz

A hope all of this comes true but I wouldn't think Disney would open everything in one year rather they would try to market all of this in separate years considering the size of the expansions and it might be the last mega one for a while so they would want to make the most of it. I highly doubt that this would even be completed by 2018.

doctornick

A hope all of this comes true but I wouldn't think Disney would open everything in one year rather they would try to market all of this in separate years considering the size of the expansions

This. I think they would stagger the opens of various projects. That gives them different things to promote over time.

Furthermore, if you open everything at once, then people will postpone trips until after the opening. That could really negatively impact revenue in the build up to the expansion opening.

tl77

A hope all of this comes true but I wouldn't think Disney would open everything in one year rather they would try to market all of this in separate years considering the size of the expansions and it might be the last mega one for a while so they would want to make the most of it. I highly doubt that this would even be completed by 2018.

I'm sure they would roll tis out in phases like the FLE and everything else, and have it most or all of it finished by 2018

The FLE plans first leaked in 2009 and it's now taken till 2014 to finally get it done, 2018 is pretty much the same time frame

Future Imagineer

If I'm not mistaken, 2018 will be a BIG year for Walt Disney World.

There would speculatively be:
  • 3 new lands - Avatar, Cars, Star Wars
  • Massive Downtown Disney Redo - Disney Springs
  • Six New Rides - Cars Dark Ride, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, Flights of Passage (Avatar E-Ticket), Avatar Boat Ride, Star Wars Speeder Bike Coaster, Star Wars X-Wing Spinner
Would this be the biggest year in Walt Disney World resort?

This is all built upon the current rumors and speculation.
Don't want to be rude but how did you find out the rides for Avatar area and when did they ever say there will be a cars land and a stars wars area?

gboiler1

Don't want to be rude but how did you find out the rides for Avatar area and when did they ever say there will be a cars land and a stars wars area?

Many of the exact attractions are speculation but with quite a lot of substance, just specifics need to be found out.
I think there are both Star Wars Land and Carsland threads.

Side note...I really hope the don't do an X Wing Spinner, how about something new instead of the spinner concepts. Five should be enough.

Magenta Panther

1. Nuts to spinners

2. Nuts infinity to Avatar. I hope it's just a walk-through that lack of interest will cause to be removed in very short order. That way TDO won't have thrown away TOO much money...

3. Star Wars infesting WDW I suppose is inevitable. But it's still a bad idea. Star Tours, as accomplished as it is, is never more than a walk-on whenever I've visited WDW in the fall. That includes the new version. Peter Pan's Flight, on the other hand... :D

mahnamahna101

Many of the exact attractions are speculation but with quite a lot of substance, just specifics need to be found out.
I think there are both Star Wars Land and Carsland threads.

Side note...I really hope the don't do an X Wing Spinner, how about something new instead of the spinner concepts. Five should be enough.

Exactly! Why the same spinner every time?! At least pick a different flat ride each time, Disney!! :p

GiveMeTheMusic

It's a drink from the Harry Potter books that is served at Universal and consists of I think fruit juice with butterscotch and with pancake batter or something on top. It is GROSS!!!!!

Have you actually tried it? Because Butterbeer does not have fruit juice or pancake batter in it. Next are you going to tell me how amazing LeFou's Brew is in comparison?

Everyone knows Butterbeer consists of two sticks of butter blended with a Bud Light.

tumblr_m0f142ieeO1qflxqio1_500.jpg

doctornick

Spinner type rides are exactly the type of rides DHS needs, lets hope they put one in

Family friendly rides that everyone can ride, yes. Another spinner, not really. There are already 4 spinners on the property and they all basically offer the same ride experience. It would be better to offer a different flat ride experience.

A great example is Mater's, which is a whip ride. It seems that this will be part of a Cars Land build and I welcome it because it is something that is needed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom