• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Trip Report 2018-2019 A Year in the Land (Disneyland)...a multi-trip report

ajrwdwgirl

Original Poster
Advertisement
Wednesday August 21, 2019

I guess when we went back for our nap I finally took a picture of the inside of our Candy Cane room. Then when we did go back to Disneyland we decided to stop into the Disneyana shop and look at the art work for a bit. I always see stuff I like. But I can't buy all of it as it is usually out of budget and I only have so much wall space!

IMG_4005.JPG

IMG_4007.JPG

IMG_4009.JPG

IMG_4010.JPG

IMG_4011.JPG

IMG_4012.JPG

IMG_4014.JPG

IMG_4016.JPG

IMG_4020.JPG

IMG_4021.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Original Poster

A few more pictures of art in Disneyana, because of the Haunted Mansion's 50th anniversary a lot of the art was based on that which was fun.
IMG_4022.JPG

IMG_4023.JPG

And then we had a quick look at the Haunted Mansion history display but the Disneyland band was going to be starting soon so we rushed out for that.
IMG_4024.JPG

IMG_4026.JPG

Yay for the band!
IMG_4027.JPG

IMG_4028.JPG

IMG_4030.JPG

Then just a look around Town Square
IMG_4032.JPG

Roastie Toastie!
IMG_4033.JPG

Then we decided to have a treat in the hub.
IMG_4036.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Original Poster

I do have to backtrack for a moment. While we were having nap time at the Candy Cane I woke up about 15 minutes before our alarm so I was on my phone and I noticed that we somehow had 2 fastpasses for the Matterhorn, so weird. Then I decided to check the D23 Expo app because I saw a post that the panel reservations were finally linked to the app. I wanted to make sure our reservations had been linked properly. And just a quick reminder D23 Expo reservation rules for panels were 2 per day and they couldn't overlap times or be on the same stage. So I checked Friday's reservations and everything looked fine and I took screen shots so I had that and our paper print out as back up. Then I checked Saturday's and all was in order. Then came Sunday....and guess what I didn't have only 2 panels, somehow I had reservations for 4 panels for the day! WHAT?! Not a bad thing at all, 2 of the extra panels that we had reservations for were ones that came up with errors when we tried to book. So I guess Brad and Amy had some options for Sunday! So with an extra fast pass for Matterhorn and bonus panel reservations it was like we were just being given stuff, cool. Maybe we should've bought a lottery ticket!
IMG_9803.PNG

Me being a dork with our treats.
IMG_9139.JPG

Then we headed over to the Tiki room. We only had a few minutes to wait until the next show and it was a pretty full house. Brad stayed awake for the whole show this time, and as always it was a great show. The lady next to Brad wouldn't know though because she played games on her phone the whole time, she did dim the brightness on her phone though.
IMG_4038.JPG

IMG_4037.JPG

IMG_4039.JPG

IMG_4041.JPG

IMG_9814.JPG

IMG_9815.JPG

IMG_4043.JPG

IMG_4044.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Original Poster

After the Tiki room we headed to DCA for awhile. I got the red card at Soarin'. I asked Brad to take a picture of me with it, and he just looked at me strange so I just took the picture below. He still doesn't get what an honor it is to get the red card @Tuvalu !
IMG_4045.JPG

Then we headed over to Carsland to meet up with some friends. We watched the sunset lighting then met our friends for a bit at Flo's. I really don't know where we ate that night, no pictures and I didn't write it down. I know it wasn't Flo's. Oh well.
IMG_4046.JPG

IMG_4047.JPG

IMG_4048.JPG

IMG_4049.JPG

IMG_9816.JPG

After some time with our friends we rode Racers and then headed back to Disneyland, Brad wanted to go on Smuggler's Run. We entered SWGE as the fireworks were going on and that was an interesting vantage point. We watched for a bit by the First Order shop and then by the Falcon. It was a little strange without the music.
IMG_9819.JPG

IMG_9822.JPG

IMG_9148.JPG

IMG_4051.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Original Poster

A few more pictures of the fireworks.

IMG_4057.JPG

IMG_4062.JPG

IMG_4065.JPG

IMG_4068.JPG

When the fireworks were done we hightailed it over to the single rider line of Smuggler's before it got too swamped with the people that had been watching the fireworks. The single rider line didn't even take us 10 minutes. I ended up on the ride with a family of 4 (who didn't want to socialize) and a teenage boy. The boy was very nice and he was very talkative and nervous about riding. He hadn't ridden before and wanted me to tell him all about it and basically was my little shadow in the waiting area. He was sweet though and I had him sit at the checker board (or whatever they call the star wars game) and I took a picture with his phone. We both ended up as engineers and he had a blast! On the way out he excitedly talked about the ride and wished he had time to go on it again. It was fun being with someone that was so excited to go on the ride (besides Brad).

Somehow Brad got off the attraction before me, even though I was given my credentials before him. So we headed over to the Resistance area of the land and he took a picture of the fast pass redemption box at the entrance of what will be the Rise attraction.

IMG_9176.JPG

And I took a few pictures of what we could see of the queue area.
IMG_4074.JPG

IMG_4075.JPG

IMG_4076.JPG

And a bad photo in front of the entrance of the Rise queue
IMG_9177 (1).JPG

We headed out of the park then. B and I split up for a bit to do some shopping. We were to meet up in front of the Disneyanna shop, which I was not allowed to go into. So I guess I know I'm getting something from that store for Christmas! As I as was shopping on Main Street I could hear the Main Street Electrical parade starting and I did look out one of the shop windows for a bit as the first float passed by and when I exited the chain of shops I was able to see the Pete's Dragon float.
IMG_9828.JPG

When the parade ended a few minutes later I found a bench in front of the Disneyana shop and waited for Brad. He hadn't finished his shopping as he had been detained by the parade and there was a line for checking out in the shop. That was fine, I didn't mind waiting and taking in some of the atmosphere. When he was done we headed back to the Candy Cane for the night. We would have one more parks day before Expo!

Cesar R M

After our train ride we wound up here.....on Main Street
View attachment 414727

And saw these guys.....
View attachment 414722

Then we went to the Haunted Mansion and these jars were for sale. It was just a decorative jar, no candle and some ridiculous price. I'm sure some people bought them, the design is cool but too much $$$ for me.
View attachment 414723

View attachment 414724

View attachment 414725

It was time for lunch at Cafe Orleans and we carbed out with the pommes frittes and the monte cristos. We shared them and it was plenty filling and tasty.
View attachment 414728

View from the table.
View attachment 414729

View attachment 414730

And a close up of the fries.
View attachment 414731

View attachment 414732
That Dan's 'tache is fantastic. I always stare in awe.

In the other hand.. I really need to try these fries and the montecristo.

Cesar R M

I guess when we went back for our nap I finally took a picture of the inside of our Candy Cane room. Then when we did go back to Disneyland we decided to stop into the Disneyana shop and look at the art work for a bit. I always see stuff I like. But I can't buy all of it as it is usually out of budget and I only have so much wall space!

View attachment 414860

View attachment 414850

View attachment 414851

View attachment 414852

View attachment 414853

View attachment 414854

View attachment 414855

View attachment 414856

View attachment 414857

View attachment 414858
That version of Mickey as been my favourite ever.

Top Bottom