Trip Report 2018-2019 A Year in the Land (Disneyland)...a multi-trip report

Hello and welcome to my trip report for my year as an annual passholder to Disneyland. Me (Amy) and my husband (Brad) have been passholders of both Disneyland and Walt Disney World but this year we decided to be exclusive to just the Land. It was a little painful to give up going to WDW this year, we consider it our home park but we also enjoy Disneyland too. I think I have a little more fondness to it than Brad, but anyway.... So why are we passholders for DL exclusively this year instead of WDW or both parks. Well financially it didn't necessarily make sense. Brad is a big Star Wars fan and I'm a big Disney nerd so with Galaxy's Edge opening in the Land earlier than WDW that was a draw. And the D23 Expo is in Anaheim again this year so it checked boxes for both of us.

So I'm going to begin this report a little in the past, 2018, that's right so long ago! :) We traveled to Disneyland over Thanksgiving 2018 and bought our annual passes so that is where we will start the trip report.

Upcoming trips:
A. late March 2019
B. possibly (most likely) a solo trip for me over Easter 2019 (Why solo?...well Brad is a pastor and the congregation kind of expects him to be there over Easter. I'm a teacher and have a nice little break over Easter and the hubs is too busy over Holy week and Easter so he won't really notice I'm gone.)
C. Late June 2019 to celebrate our anniversary and birthdays all in June and in the same week. This trip will include Los Angeles, Sequoia National Park, Death Valley National Park, Joshua Tree National Park & Palm Springs as well as Disneyland (and perhaps if rumors are true our first entrance into Galaxy's Edge)
D. our last trip late August for Disneyland and D23 Expo

By the way...if any of you are in Disneyland when our paths cross it would be cool to have any meet ups or say hi. I've met a few awesome WDWMagic members in Walt Disney World and it has been so cool. Don't be afraid to say hi if you see us walking around too!:):cool:

So let's start the first leg of the trip report: November 20-25 2018

Tuesday November 20
Brad and I both had a full day at work. My day should have been full of students but since it is Deer Hunting week (or at least the big gun hunting week) in Wisconsin and Thanksgiving week, our district gives the kids the week off and teachers report for two days of inservice. So it wasn't a hectic day for me. However there was a little kerfuffle in the plan for today. It involved our beloved and spoiled minature schnauzer Kapono.
IMG_5529.JPG

My boss said that we could leave at 3pm instead of 3:30pm so hubby picked me up on the way to drop off Kapono at the kennel. Kapono has only spent 2 days ever in this kennel (good experience) usually she stays with my sister but she was unable to care for her this time. So it was the first time Kapono was going to be spending an extended time in a kennel. So we arrived at the kennel and no one is there, even though it is check-in time and the main building for the kennel is unlocked. So we go inside and wait thinking that maybe the owner is just busy at the house and will be out soon. After 5 minutes no one came even though dogs were barking in her house and in the kennel. So hubs gives her a call. And in the mean time I'm concerned that she left the kennel unlocked! Anyway, the lady was surprised we were calling and had lost track of time and was an hour away from the kennel. But more importantly she was surprised that we were there because she hadn't written down our reservation!!!! Hubs had the email confirmation though. Luckily she had one run left. She said it was luckily for us, but really it was lucky for her!!!! I don't know what we would have done if that run wouldn't have been available though. Although hubs said one of our church members would have pitched in for us. So I took Kapono out into the fenced in yard area and when I let her in she happily ran into the open caged run. I was glad she seemed happy to be there but a little concerned now at the professionalism of the kennel owner. Fast forward to the end of our trip when we picked her up...Kapono had been a good girl there and was safe (and clean). So it all worked out and this over-protective dog mom was happy, and the kennel owner apologized a few times.

So anyway, after we dropped Kapono off we drove up to Minneapolis to the airport for our flight. We ended up being pretty early for our flight but we'd rather wait safely at the airport than be stressed out in traffic. Check in and security took less than 15 minutes so we had a decent meal and drinks at the Minnesota Wild (our favorite hockey team) teamed restaurant). We hadn't planned on eating here but I guess it was fate since we were wearing our Disney Minnesota Wild themed shirts.

IMG_4241.JPG
IMG_4242.JPG
IMG_5760.JPG
IMG_5762.JPG

IMG_5764.JPG

The seats we were in used to be 1st class but now the company is going more the Spirit route and these seats were $45 more to the base ticket price. So for that we thought it was a deal to have slightly bigger seats and more foot space for the flight.
IMG_5766.JPG

Adios Minnesota!
IMG_5767.JPG

We flew into LAX and took an Uber to Anaheim. The traffic was a little heavy in the arrival/departure area so it took our Uber driver a little while about 10-15 minutes to get to us, but it didn't seem too bad. We made it to Anaheim in about 40 minutes (our driver was a speed demon) but that was okay with us. We checked into our hotel the Best Western Park Place Inn, literally across the street from the entrance as seen below. We went to the ticket booth and purchased/cashed in 4 day park hoppers for our annual passes with Max pass and gleefully entered Disneyland with about 40 minutes until park close!

IMG_5769.JPG

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Wednesday August 21, 2019

I guess when we went back for our nap I finally took a picture of the inside of our Candy Cane room. Then when we did go back to Disneyland we decided to stop into the Disneyana shop and look at the art work for a bit. I always see stuff I like. But I can't buy all of it as it is usually out of budget and I only have so much wall space!

View attachment 414860

View attachment 414850

View attachment 414851

View attachment 414852

View attachment 414853

View attachment 414854

View attachment 414855

View attachment 414856

View attachment 414857

View attachment 414858
That version of Mickey as been my favourite ever.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello again, sorry I've been lax in updating the report. Things have been busy and internet was down for awhile....blah blah blah..... 🤪
I'll get back to updating.....

Thursday August 22, 2019

It was our last full park day before the Expo and we started the day at DCA. Once arriving at the gate the turnstiles opened and we wandered over to Soarin' over California so we could be in the first group of the day. Not many people headed that way so we meandered and that was fine. I got some nice pictures of the area.
IMG_4077.JPG

IMG_4078.JPG

IMG_4081.JPG

IMG_4084.JPG

Then we headed over to Pixar Pier to check out the new Inside Out ride. B was actually more excited to check out the new ride than I was, which was a little annoying because he never wanted to ride it when it was in Bug's Land as Flik's Flyers so I always had to ride it alone.
IMG_4085.JPG

We did stop and played on Mania a couple times first.
IMG_4089.JPG

And the Inside Out ride
IMG_4092.JPG

IMG_4094.JPG

IMG_4096.JPG

IMG_4097.JPG

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thursday August 22, 2019

A few more pictures of Emotional Whirlwind
IMG_4098.JPG

IMG_4099.JPG

IMG_4101.JPG

IMG_4104.JPG

IMG_4105.JPG

After the ride Brad wanted to check out Bing Bong's Sweet Shop to get some jaw breakers, he claims they help him with motion sickness on rides, even though he takes dramamine. And since we were headed to Guardians he needed them. He always needs to sit after riding Guardians.
IMG_4108.JPG

I resisted buying this cutie.
IMG_4110.JPG

We ran into Bo Peep just hanging out with no line. She kind of creeps me out a little.
IMG_9183.JPG

Mania again, there wasn't much of a line so we rode separate to see who could get the higher score alone. I ended up with a 230,000 something score. Brad got 180,000 something.
\
IMG_9184.JPG

We went to Guardians (no pictures), then to Monsters and bypassed Captain America. After Monsters B wanted a picture with the Cap. The line was probably going to take 30 or more minutes. So I left B on his own and went to relax in the Animation Building.
IMG_9187.JPG

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thursday August 22, 2019

I was relaxing in the Animation lobby, which I love to do. The couches are comfy and I enjoy listening to the music and watching the clips on the huge screens.
IMG_9841.JPG

IMG_4117.JPG

Then a few minutes after I arrived, Brad showed up. He had given up with waiting for a picture with the Cap. He said it was too long and he wanted to enjoy the Animation building and do a drawing class instead. We learned how to draw Jack Skellington and it was fun.
He took this picture instead...

IMG_9190.JPG

IMG_9842.JPG

IMG_9843.JPG

After the Animation Academy we headed over to Disneyland and on the way out we waited in Carthay Circle for a photopass with the Walt & Mickey Storytellers statue. The line was fairly long but the group Five and Dime was playing next to us so it was a pleasant wait. If the group hadn't been playing we wouldn't have waited that long for a picture.
IMG_4121.JPG

Look at the tire treads on the car!
IMG_4120.JPG

IMG_9212.JPG

Then when we got to Disneyland we rode the trolley with the Dapper Dans!
IMG_4126.JPG

IMG_4127.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thursday August 22, 2019

After riding around with the Dan's we headed to the Royal Theater by the castle to catch the Tangled show. This little theater has a Tangled show and a Beauty and the Beast show. Both are great and have some nice humor but I prefer the Tangled show. Why....Flynn Rider!:inlove:

Here's me in my princess pose before the show, then pictures of the show. We actually got seats in the front part of the seating area, behind the floor seating area for the children. I was pretty pumped about that because I usually get behind someone with a big head.
IMG_9197.JPG

IMG_4132.JPG

These two are the narrators for the show and the comics.
IMG_4133.JPG

IMG_4135.JPG

IMG_4136.JPG

IMG_4138.JPG

IMG_4140.JPG

IMG_4142.JPG

IMG_4143.JPG

IMG_4146.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thursday August 22, 2019

After the show we did the Sleeping Beauty castle walk through and no one else was in there so it was nice to take our time and look at the displays without feeling rushed.

IMG_4148.JPG

IMG_4151.JPG

IMG_4153.JPG

IMG_4156.JPG

When we exited the walk through we came out to the characters gathered for their exit through the castle for the noon march down Main Street with the band so that was fun to see them there.
IMG_4160.JPG

IMG_4161.JPG

Then we headed over to small world. I wanted to ride since I had my small world ears on. We were given our own boats, so once again it really was the happiest cruise that ever sailed since we didn't have to put up with other people yapping in our boat!
IMG_9845.JPG

IMG_4162.JPG

IMG_9853.JPG

Then we headed for lunch but happened upon Gheppeto on the way. It kind of looks like he is giving us a rude hand gesture but he was waving, at least we thought so at the time.
IMG_9203.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thursday August 22, 2019

Lunch was at the Plaza Inn. We both got the chicken. We were going to share an order and get one side piece but we were really hungry so we got our own meal. And of course because we are nerds had to take stupid pictures of us we our chicken. We usually sit at the same table at the Plaza but someone was already in OUR ( ;) ) spot, I wanted to stare them down until they moved (like my dog does to me) but instead I just found a different table.
IMG_9858.JPG

IMG_9860.JPG

IMG_9862.JPG

After lunch we headed back to the Candy Cane. We had planned all along that when we went back we would walk over to the Convention Center to essentailly do a dry run so we would know where to go tomorrow morning. B and I had also bought little camping chairs that would fit in our backpacks to use while waiting in line at Expo. We had seen people with them at the last Expo so we invested in them this time, but the word on the street (street being the internet) was that these chairs weren't going to be allowed this time. So that was another thing we wanted to clarify.

We had not planned to be at the Convention Center when they opened the "gates" for the overnighters. But we were ended up being there right at opening. And it was interesting. People were running and pushing trying to be the first to the security line. And all we could think was "Geez people it is 2pm on Thursday, you are going to get in and get your spot for tomorrow's panel." In a way it was funny. So we watched for awhile and also watched at security it looked like they were taking away chairs and pillows. Including chairs like we had. We stopped and talked to two people that looked important and indeed one was the head of security for the Expo and he confirmed that no chairs would be allowed. (more on that tomorrow).
IMG_9863.JPG

IMG_9864.JPG

A yellow version of our chair that had been taken away from an Expo guest. We decided that we would just leave our chairs at the hotel tomorrow instead of having them taken away since they were around $40 each. On the way back to the Candy Cane we checked out the Walgreens and the CVS to see if they had any seating pads or anything we could use for sitting on the floor the next day. We ended up buying $8 beach towels that we could use in addition to the travel blankets we had already brought to use.
IMG_9866.JPG

We walked around to another entrance and peeked through the fence. Even though we were bummed about the chair situation seeing everything was getting us pumped up for the Expo!
IMG_9875.PNG

IMG_9868.JPG

IMG_9871.JPG

IMG_9207.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thursday August 22, 2019

After checking out the Expo area and getting an extra towel for seating/blanket at the expo we headed back for a nap. After the nap we headed back to Disneyland and caught the last show of the day for the Dapper Dans.
IMG_9876.JPG

IMG_9878.JPG

IMG_9880.JPG

Then we headed over to Disney Springs to have dinner at Catal. We hadn't eaten here before but the menu looked intriguing and I had gotten a $30 off coupon for my birthday from the Patina group that owns it so we decided to give it a go.
Beer for me and a mai tai for Brad. Pretty sure it was Klosch listed in the picture below.
IMG_9881.JPG

IMG_4173.JPG

We got a pork belly appetizer and it was tasty. It had a bit of heat to it but not a lot. So far so good.
IMG_4174.JPG

I decided to get the chicken paella. I'm a still a little on the fence on if I liked this or not. I did but it need more salt and maybe just a little more punch of something. I liked the saffron aioli that was just the three little dots on the bottom of the dish. So I asked for more and it took about 15 minutes for our server to bring it too me, even though she walked past us many times and twice said she was bringing more so that was a little annoying.
IMG_4175.JPG

We shared a side of the bacon mac and cheese and this was good, but again lacked something.
IMG_4176.JPG

Brad got a steak and he really enjoyed it. I tasted it too and it was good. I don't know if I would rush back to Catal but perhaps try it again in the future. Oh and when I presented my coupon to our waitress she seemed really annoyed that I had a coupon but we also still got to use it and our annual pass discount, so that was nice. I just don't know why she was annoyed though, it wasn't going to impact the tip we were going to leave her, even though I was annoyed that it took so long to get my extra sauce.
IMG_4177.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thursday August 22, 2019

After dinner we walked around the World of Disney. Neither of us bought anything but it was fun to look.
IMG_4172.JPG

IMG_4178.JPG

IMG_4179.JPG

IMG_4182.JPG

IMG_4185.JPG

IMG_4186.JPG

Then we headed back to Disneyland for a little while for a train ride, a spin on Space Mt, and then checked out the Haunted Mansion display again.
IMG_9228.JPG

IMG_4188.JPG

IMG_4189.JPG

IMG_4190.JPG

We called it an early night at about 8:30 and walked back to the Candy Cane. We checked that our backpacks were ready for Expo tomorrow and went to sleep early. Our plan was to be up at 3 am to head over to Expo.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday August 23, 2019

Finally its D23 Expo day!!!! Brad and I were up at 3 am and by 4:01am we were in our spots in the basement (aka the dungeon) of the Convention Center with the rest of the over nighters. Security went smoothly and since we didn't have our chairs we weren't worried about anythings. We had plenty of snacks and bottles of water which we had heard wasn't allowed but we had no problems.

We wanted to arrive early to make sure we got a spot inside. Last time, our first expo, we arrived by 5am and we were stuck outside the first day. I didn't want that to happen again. Honestly, I like to be inside so I don't have to worry about bathroom access. Turns out with the new addition to the convention center there were larger areas to wait inside. And actually the spot where they put people now when the basement fills up is nicer and has carpet. Both of us wanted to be near the first wave of people onto the show floor too so that was another reason for being so early.

We did a few pictures outside. There was a steady but somewhat slow trickle of people heading in but by no means the mass we saw Thursday afternoon.
IMG_9234.JPG

IMG_9235.JPG

IMG_9884.JPG

Inside the convention center, behind those banners and doors is the main show floor!
IMG_9237.JPG

IMG_9238.JPG

IMG_9889.JPG

IMG_9892.JPG

But down the escalators we go to the basement.
IMG_9890.JPG

And we got into our spot of the showfloor queue.
IMG_4202.JPG

Notice anything next to me......something we were told was banned.....Yep a chair. It was the exact chair we were told wasn't allowed!!!! And it wasn't the only one. We were ticked, and so were some other people we chatted with too. Later in the morning staff came around to inform people that the chairs would absolutely be banned and removed tomorrow, but we saw some the next day too. Apparently if you claimed a medical issue it was allowed. Now if someone really has a medical issue that's fine and I have no problem with it. But people know how to play the system. We decided not to be one of those people.
IMG_4203.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday August 23, 2019

The wait downstairs was fine. Both of us ended up using our extra travel blanket as a pad for our bottoms. We napped a little, read, listened to music/podcasts and chatted with people a bit. It wasn't as cold down there as it had been the last Expo when we were there one morning so we were both happy about that.
It might be hard to see in the picture but there were even large inflatable mattresses that people brought in that were supposedly not allowed. Ugh, although even though we saw chairs again other mornings we didn't see any more of the inflatables.
IMG_9895.JPG

Look at that nice cozy cement floor. :rolleyes:
IMG_9896.JPG

Around 7:45am people in sections were getting told to get ready to move. And the excitement buzz started to build. Eventually it was our turn to be led upstairs. It was exciting to see daylight!

Clearing the basement.
IMG_9897.JPG

IMG_9241.JPG

Once upstairs we were put in queue lines again. We were put in a line behind the Sorcerers. The Sorcerers is a class of ticket that costs around $2000, there are various perks to it like guaranteed seating, special receptions, gifts, etc... and in the past early entry onto the show floor. Well this year, the staff waited until right at opening to let the Sorcerers in, with the rest of the people. Entry was supposed to be row by and we technically were located in the middle of the overnighter queue. But when the gates opened the Sorcerers were let in and we just moved forward not expecting to be let in but the person moving the Sorcrerers motioned us forward to go into the hall even though another worker said to wait. The worker motioning to us yelled at the other guy that we were Sorcerers and to let us go. Brad and I weren't going to argue! So we were let in with the first few people.

And that's when chaos ensued! I think people behind realized non-Sorcerers were being let in and also surged forward. The people ahead of us were running full out sprints. The goal by this group seemed to be the Mickey's of Glendale store and specifically the the Mickey's of Glendale pin store, which is limited in size only a few people in at a time and limited edition pins. We were headed to the Mickey's of Glendale (Imagineering store) but not the pin shop. But with people running in front, around us, and behind us. It felt like a stampede and we both felt we had no choice but to run too or get trample. In fact Brad did get knocked around and later I was talking to a lady and her friend who was in a scooter got knocked out of her scooter!

So we make it alive back to Mickey's of Glendale's in the back of the showfloor and the chaos didn't stop there. There weren't any visible cast members or convention center workers directing people where to go and the lines for both the regular store and pin store were together and it was a CLUSTER$#@! Everyone was trying to line up in the first queue area (with only tape on the floor to guide people) which turned out to be the queue for the pin store. I found my way into a taped line with Brad not far behind me. That's when I was actually able to stop and look around, that's when I realized that I was in line (and far back) for the pin store the regular Mickey's of Glendale line was next to me next to the wall (of the store) and only had 5 people in it! I scooted over quickly knowing that Brad would follow and right after I got in line behind those people everyone else that wanted the regular MOG store not the pin store realized what they needed to do. Then moments later we heard shouting, very loud with profanity and a surge movement of people in the pin store line. We thought we saw some people swinging at each other, and yep there was a fight in the pin store line. Because it wasn't organized enough so people were fighting over position. While we waited to be allowed into MOG we heard shouting a couple more times and even when we were in the store we heard angry shouting out in that line. CRAZY!!!!! Looking back on this part of the morning it was the craziest 7 minutes I've ever experienced at any event or maybe even my life. I know it was 7 minutes because I took a screen shot of the welcome to D23 Expo alert on my phone right before the picture below was taken.

Well that was the last of the crazy for that day. Inside Brad and I happily shopped. The merchandise was cool and I loved the Epcot stuff (most of which is now for sale in Epcot, boo. I thought it was exclusive). We were disappointed that there wasn't really any Imagineering logo stuff like last time. But we bought plenty. In the mean time a friend of ours also attending the Expo had headed to the Dream store and knowing what a big fan Brad is of the Dapper Dans she texted me to see if we wanted her to pick up the special Dapper Dan Funko dolls for him. Since we hadn't planned to go to the Dream store we quickly said yes, she is so nice.

In the stampede Walt Disney Animation was handing out pennants and Brad and I were able to veer off and grab one.
IMG_9242.JPG

IMG_9900.JPG

I liked the Disco shirt, but in true Amy-fashion I just took a picture instead of purchasing it.
IMG_9904.JPG

After MOG we headed over to the Parks and Resorts exhibit. We wanted to check it out while it wasn't super crowded yet.
IMG_4204.JPG

IMG_4210.JPG

More of the Parks and Resorts and D23 Expo coming up soon!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
And of course because we are nerds had to take stupid pictures of us we our chicken.

Those chicken dinner pictures cracked me up! :joyfull: I can relate! :hilarious:

After checking out the Expo area and getting an extra towel for seating/blanket at the expo we headed back for a nap. After the nap we headed back to Disneyland and caught the last show of the day for the Dapper Dans.

The Dapper Dans are handsome fellas!

MySmallWorldof4

Friday August 23, 2019

The wait downstairs was fine. Both of us ended up using our extra travel blanket as a pad for our bottoms. We napped a little, read, listened to music/podcasts and chatted with people a bit. It wasn't as cold down there as it had been the last Expo when we were there one morning so we were both happy about that.
It might be hard to see in the picture but there were even large inflatable mattresses that people brought in that were supposedly not allowed. Ugh, although even though we saw chairs again other mornings we didn't see any more of the inflatables.
View attachment 420901

Look at that nice cozy cement floor. :rolleyes:
View attachment 420902

Around 7:45am people in sections were getting told to get ready to move. And the excitement buzz started to build. Eventually it was our turn to be led upstairs. It was exciting to see daylight!

Clearing the basement.
View attachment 420903

View attachment 420904

Once upstairs we were put in queue lines again. We were put in a line behind the Sorcerers. The Sorcerers is a class of ticket that costs around $2000, there are various perks to it like guaranteed seating, special receptions, gifts, etc... and in the past early entry onto the show floor. Well this year, the staff waited until right at opening to let the Sorcerers in, with the rest of the people. Entry was supposed to be row by and we technically were located in the middle of the overnighter queue. But when the gates opened the Sorcerers were let in and we just moved forward not expecting to be let in but the person moving the Sorcrerers motioned us forward to go into the hall even though another worker said to wait. The worker motioning to us yelled at the other guy that we were Sorcerers and to let us go. Brad and I weren't going to argue! So we were let in with the first few people.

And that's when chaos ensued! I think people behind realized non-Sorcerers were being let in and also surged forward. The people ahead of us were running full out sprints. The goal by this group seemed to be the Mickey's of Glendale store and specifically the the Mickey's of Glendale pin store, which is limited in size only a few people in at a time and limited edition pins. We were headed to the Mickey's of Glendale (Imagineering store) but not the pin shop. But with people running in front, around us, and behind us. It felt like a stampede and we both felt we had no choice but to run too or get trample. In fact Brad did get knocked around and later I was talking to a lady and her friend who was in a scooter got knocked out of her scooter!

So we make it alive back to Mickey's of Glendale's in the back of the showfloor and the chaos didn't stop there. There weren't any visible cast members or convention center workers directing people where to go and the lines for both the regular store and pin store were together and it was a CLUSTER$#@! Everyone was trying to line up in the first queue area (with only tape on the floor to guide people) which turned out to be the queue for the pin store. I found my way into a taped line with Brad not far behind me. That's when I was actually able to stop and look around, that's when I realized that I was in line (and far back) for the pin store the regular Mickey's of Glendale line was next to me next to the wall (of the store) and only had 5 people in it! I scooted over quickly knowing that Brad would follow and right after I got in line behind those people everyone else that wanted the regular MOG store not the pin store realized what they needed to do. Then moments later we heard shouting, very loud with profanity and a surge movement of people in the pin store line. We thought we saw some people swinging at each other, and yep there was a fight in the pin store line. Because it wasn't organized enough so people were fighting over position. While we waited to be allowed into MOG we heard shouting a couple more times and even when we were in the store we heard angry shouting out in that line. CRAZY!!!!! Looking back on this part of the morning it was the craziest 7 minutes I've ever experienced at any event or maybe even my life. I know it was 7 minutes because I took a screen shot of the welcome to D23 Expo alert on my phone right before the picture below was taken.

Well that was the last of the crazy for that day. Inside Brad and I happily shopped. The merchandise was cool and I loved the Epcot stuff (most of which is now for sale in Epcot, boo. I thought it was exclusive). We were disappointed that there wasn't really any Imagineering logo stuff like last time. But we bought plenty. In the mean time a friend of ours also attending the Expo had headed to the Dream store and knowing what a big fan Brad is of the Dapper Dans she texted me to see if we wanted her to pick up the special Dapper Dan Funko dolls for him. Since we hadn't planned to go to the Dream store we quickly said yes, she is so nice.

In the stampede Walt Disney Animation was handing out pennants and Brad and I were able to veer off and grab one.
View attachment 420905

View attachment 420911

I liked the Disco shirt, but in true Amy-fashion I just took a picture instead of purchasing it.
View attachment 420912

After MOG we headed over to the Parks and Resorts exhibit. We wanted to check it out while it wasn't super crowded yet.
View attachment 420913

View attachment 420914

More of the Parks and Resorts and D23 Expo coming up soon!
I am amazed at how uncivilized so many people were. Sadly, I bet many of them were getting stuff to sell on Ebay.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
I am amazed at how uncivilized so many people were. Sadly, I bet many of them were getting stuff to sell on Ebay.

I know and I'm sure some were going to sell on Ebay but there are a lot of serious pin collectors out there. The MOG pin store is always really small and the line moves at a glacial pace, I guess mostly because the pins aren't laying out and people need to talk to the cast members to get the pins they want. I guess the really serious collectors spend a lot of time examining them for flaws too. So that adds to the urgency in people's minds to be one of the first there.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
As much as I love pins, the idea of trying to get an MOG pin makes me ill. I'm living vicariously through you because there's no way I'd survive the expo!

I feel that way too, we thought about going to the MOG pin store but it wasn't worth the crazy. The actual MOG store in hindsight wasn't really worth the craziness either.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday August 23, 2019

Time to explore the Parks and Resorts display. The big theme this year was Epcot, which was fine with me. I loves me lots of Epcot!

There was a model of the Star Wars resort/hotel, I didn't spend much time examining it. I have no desire to spend my money on it, however if Brad wants to save up his money and go that's fine.
IMG_4208.JPG

And a quick look at the way the castle in Hong Kong is being redesigned.
IMG_4211.JPG

Alright, alright, time for Epcot stuff. I took so many pictures, I just loved all the attraction posters.
IMG_4212.JPG

Oops, here's a Tokyo Disneyland display...
IMG_4217.JPG

Some vintage Epcot Center items.
IMG_4219.JPG

IMG_4220.JPG

IMG_4222.JPG

And some of the signs
IMG_4223.JPG

IMG_4224.JPG

My mom was very proud of her Norwegian heritage so when we were at Epcot plenty of time was spent in the Norway pavilion. She had passed away before the Frozen makeover of the pavilion, so I'll never know what she would have thought of it but I'm 99.9999% sure she would have been on team Maelstrom. Anyway, I loved seeing this and it made me think of Mom.
IMG_4225.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday August 23, 2019

The Epcot model. At this point in time the Moana thing had been announced the day before Expo but there was still a lot of unknown. It was interesting looking at the model, the signs and hearing people around us talk about what they thought would be announced. After the crazy mobs of Mickey's of Glendale's being at the Parks and Resorts display was a much better way to experience Expo. It wasn't crowded in there yet and there was a lot of excitement about Disney in there.
IMG_4228.JPG

IMG_4230.JPG

IMG_4231.JPG

IMG_4233.JPG

IMG_4234.JPG

IMG_4235.JPG

IMG_4236.JPG

IMG_4240.JPG

IMG_4243.JPG

IMG_9913.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday August 23, 2019

A closer look at some of the attraction signs. I would have loved to take some of these home.
IMG_9909.JPG

IMG_9911.JPG

IMG_9914.JPG

IMG_9915.JPG

IMG_9916.JPG

IMG_9917.JPG

IMG_9918.JPG

IMG_9920.JPG

IMG_9260.JPG

I know that "everyone' is so fond of Horizons and bemoans the attraction, I miss it too. But I always liked the World of Motion better, after all.... it's fun to be free!
IMG_9267.JPG

More again soon, I have to go to my niece's birthday party. She is going to be 15, oh boy! When did that happen!?!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Friday August 23, 2019

A closer look at some of the attraction signs. I would have loved to take some of these home.
View attachment 422517

View attachment 422519

View attachment 422520

View attachment 422521

View attachment 422525

View attachment 422531

View attachment 422534

View attachment 422535

View attachment 422536

I know that "everyone' is so fond of Horizons and bemoans the attraction, I miss it too. But I always liked the World of Motion better, after all.... it's fun to be free!
View attachment 422537

More again soon, I have to go to my niece's birthday party. She is going to be 15, oh boy! When did that happen!?!

I love those posters! :) You got to see some really cool things at that convention.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom