Trip Report 2018-2019 A Year in the Land (Disneyland)...a multi-trip report

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Advertisement
What a fun anniversary! :happy:

Your pink Mickey ears are adorable. :inlove:

I love the photo of B. with Goofy at Cathay Circle -- you should get that one framed! :joyfull:
Thanks, that's a good idea about the Goofy picture. Or maybe I could get it on a mug for him. Mug shots on a mug! HAHAH!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Tuesday June 25, 2019

After our nap we headed back to the park. We had a dinner reservation for the Hungry Bear Fantasmic dining package at 5:30 pm so when we got to the park we did a few castle shots and then Brad suggested walking through Fantasyland. The Hungry Bear is on the far side of the park in Critter Country and it is not convenient to walk through Fantasyland to get to it. I quickly figured out what he was up to, so I agreed and asked him if he wanted to cut through SWGE on the way to the Hungry Bear. We could go out the entrance that would take us past the Hungry Bear. He looked a little sheepish and said yes.

Today was only the 2nd day SWGE was open to the public without reservations. We had been watching the app yesterday and saw that boarding groups had been in use but so far today (and as far as I know every day since) boarding groups didn't need to be used. So we did something that we thought wouldn't be possible for years, we walked into SWGE and used it as a short cut to get to the other side of the park!
IMG_3214.JPG

IMG_3215.JPG
IMG_8874.JPG

The Hungry Bear had changed their Fantasmic menu since I ate there in April. Which was fine by me, this was really good, except the carrots. They were hard, I don't like hard carrots.
IMG_8875.JPG

After dinner B wanted to build his droid so we walked back into SWGE and right into the droid depot with no wait at the payment counter for his droid. He built a BB droid which he calls BBPB, BB and PB because people call him Pastor Brad.
IMG_3217.JPG

IMG_3220.JPG

Some pictures inside the droid depot.
IMG_3222.JPG

IMG_3225.JPG

IMG_3226.JPG

Picking out parts, this took forever because he couldn't make up his mind on the colors he wanted. I ended up taking a ton of pictures in the Depot because I was bored.
IMG_3227.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Tuesday June 25

The droid will be build in this post. Once he finally decided on his color scheme, Cubs colors, he started the building.
IMG_7452.JPG

IMG_7453.JPG

IMG_7457.JPG

IMG_7459.JPG

IMG_7460.JPG

And here it is BB-PB
IMG_7463.JPG

He's getting activated.
IMG_7468.JPG

The box was a lot bigger than the BB droid and it seemed like a hassle to carry around. After droid building we headed out of the land and when we got to the hub Brad was already tired of carrying his toy around. He thought about getting a locker but our hotel is less than a ten minute walk from the turnstiles. So he decided to take it back to the room.
IMG_7472.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Tuesday June 25, 2019

As B took the droid back to the hotel room I kept his backpack with me so he could get back through security quicker. About that time the Soundsational parade was coming through. So I found a bench on the far side of the hub and watched from afar. It was relaxing watching the parade and the ducks nearby.
IMG_3234.JPG

IMG_3235.JPG

B made it back to the park not too long after the parade ended and I had moved to the castle area to get a front row spot for the All American College Band. They always put on a good show, I was bummed that they wouldn't be around when we came back in August. I guess they need to go back to their colleges.
IMG_7481.JPG

IMG_3236.JPG

IMG_3237.JPG

IMG_3238.JPG

IMG_3245.JPG

After the band we headed over to Tomorrowland to take the train around the park.
IMG_3246.JPG

The Tomorrowland train station has a good view into Autopia.
IMG_3247.JPG

All aboard! I just now noticed that the monorail train is in this shot too.
IMG_7483.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Tuesday June 25, 2019

We wanted to see what SWGE looked like in the lighting of the time near sunset. So here are some near sunset views.
IMG_3249.JPG

IMG_3252.JPG

IMG_3253.JPG

IMG_3256.JPG

Soon it was time to get our spots for Fantasmic. It was a very enjoyable show. Before the show we went to the candy shop by Pooh/Splash Mountain and got the fantastic chocolate peanut butter sandwich for our show dessert.
IMG_8880.JPG

IMG_8884.JPG

IMG_8886.JPG

IMG_8892.JPG

We watched the fireworks after. It is now the Disneyland Forever show from the 60th anniversary, which in my opinion is just okay. I really liked the Mickey Mix Magic show they had in March and April. From what I've read on the internets I might be in the minority of this opinion but that's okay. I like what I like!
IMG_7505.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Tuesday June 25

In the Cantina we shared a table with a nice family from Burbank. They were fun to chat with.
IMG_7521.JPG

My drink was the :

Gamorrean Ale

(ABV 5.8%) Red Ale, New Belgium Brewing Co., Fort Collins

Brad got the:
Dagobah Slug Slinger
Herradura Reposado Tequila, Bols Blue Curaçao, Citrus Juices, Ginger, Herbs, and Bitters

IMG_7528.JPG

IMG_7529.JPG

IMG_7530.JPG

IMG_7532.JPG

After the Cantina we headed to Smuggler's Run and used the single rider line to get onto the ride quickly. We waited about 5 minutes.
IMG_7545.JPG

IMG_7547.JPG

Then Brad met an old friend.
IMG_7551.JPG

IMG_7552.JPG

IMG_7526.JPG

DisneyGigi

Tuesday June 25, 2019

As B took the droid back to the hotel room I kept his backpack with me so he could get back through security quicker. About that time the Soundsational parade was coming through. So I found a bench on the far side of the hub and watched from afar. It was relaxing watching the parade and the ducks nearby.

View attachment 398103
A west coast Disney Duck!!! 😍

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wednesday June 26, 2019

Disneyland day today. This is the day we were really able to judge crowd levels, and from this day until Saturday the crowds were extremely light! We were shocked, we had heard of low crowds and we were delighted with the low crowds. While we were planning this trip we were convinced the crowds with SWGE would be unbearable, and now we barely needed to make fast passes (we still did though).

We arrived about 10 minutes before opening but found a turnstile with no people in front of it. "First" in the park.
IMG_8918.JPG

IMG_3320.JPG

IMG_3331.JPG

IMG_3335.JPG

It was a great morning of all Fantasyland fun, Big Thunder, Jungle Cruise, Indy, and more Thunder Mt.
IMG_3342.JPG

IMG_8940.JPG

And of course the Dapper Dans!
IMG_8952.JPG

And the Disneyland Band!
IMG_8956.JPG

IMG_8953.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wednesday June 26, 2019

IMG_7562.JPG

After the Disneyland band played it was around 11 am and we decided to grab an early lunch at Black Tap. We figured if we went early it wouldn't be too crazy busy yet and it wasn't. The food overall was good, we didn't go for one of the Crazy Shakes but we did share a chocolate peanut butter shake. It was plenty, we actually couldn't finish it all.
IMG_8957.JPG

IMG_7605.JPG

I got the pizza burger that had mozzarella sticks on it. It was a good burger and I enjoyed it. I wish the marinara sauce would have had a little more seasoning to it, the sauce was a little bland.
IMG_8958.JPG

Brad got the BBQ burger, he enjoyed the burger.
IMG_7607.JPG

IMG_8959.JPG

We shared wings too, I think these were the Carolina ones, they reminded us of the wings we have at one of our favorite hockey bars which are called gold rush wings so I keep thinking that is the name of these. These were really good.
IMG_7604.JPG

And just a couple shots of Downtown Disney
IMG_3368.JPG

IMG_3369.JPG

IMG_3370.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wednesday June 26, 2019

After Black Tap we waddled over to Disneyland again and hopped on the train to New Orleans Square and headed back to Batuu. We went on Smuggler's Run again and then headed back to the hotel for our afternoon nap.
IMG_3372.JPG

Looking back on these pictures it is amazing to see how fee people were around especially when we were expecting masses.
IMG_3374.JPG

IMG_3377.JPG

IMG_3382.JPG

IMG_3388.JPG

IMG_3389.JPG

On the ride
IMG_8970.JPG

On the way out of the park we stopped for a picture with Mickey.
IMG_8990.JPG

He noticed my Mickey shoes and tried to steal them multiple time. He tugged at my feet and untied my shoes trying to get them.
IMG_8989.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
I can't believe you were the first one in the park! I don't think even @Tuvalu can claim that level Shirley status! :joyfull:

Gotta say, I always look forward to the t-shirt collection between you and Brad, on the various vacation trips you take. You guys always find the best shirts! :happy:
Thanks! We have some fun tee shirts coming up. It is not the first time I've been first in the park.

Top Bottom