2017 NCAA Football Thread

21stamps

Original Poster
Did anyone else watch the OSU game?

Here are my thoughts-

Receivers will be the only reason we would lose a game, not JT, not defense, and not special teams. If the receivers tighten up, back to the championships we go.

On IU- Lagow is looking good. That kid can throw.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Well, going to work is going to be so much easier on Tuesday. Roll Tide! 24-7 over FSU, and it could have been a lot worse.

21stamps

Original Poster
St. Johns in Minnesota defeated their opponent 98-0 yesterday
http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400977890

Wow. That's crazy.

Well, going to work is going to be so much easier on Tuesday. Roll Tide! 24-7 over FSU, and it could have been a lot worse.

Yeah that was nuts. I quit watching after the 3rd quarter.. I can count on less than one hand the amount of times when I've actually wanted FSU to win. Last night was one of them.

My perfect scenario-
FSU beat Alabama.
Canes beat FSU.

At least half of that dream is still alive.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
What can I say...that didn't turn out well. And our ST needs work, desperately. Between the no call pass interference and the blocked field goal at the end of the first half, the momentum shifted. And our special teams made it difficult to recover. Kudos to our D, it coukd have been worse...

Still no word on the extent of Francois's injury, but it doesn't look good. While I'm disappointed we couldn't pull it off, real worry is that kid. Not because of the impact his potential absence will have for the team, but the pain and long recovery he may have. My daughter tore her meniscus - she was in pain for several weeks and it took about 6-8 weeks for her to be able to resume normal activities.

Should hear something once the doctors at TOC have a chance to took at him.

Michigan, you rocked! However, the all maize uniforms were, um, interesting....

Guess we have to wait until Tuesday to see how far we drop.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Update on Francois...

Season ending patella tendon injury. Expected to have surgery as early as Tuesday. Freshman James Blackman will QB next Saturday's game against Louisiana Monroe. While everyone moans about cupcake games, thankful he has one before Miami.

Poor kid....

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Update on Francois...

Season ending patella tendon injury. Expected to have surgery as early as Tuesday. Freshman James Blackman will QB next Saturday's game against Louisiana Monroe. While everyone moans about cupcake games, thankful he has one before Miami.

Poor kid....
Yeah, it sucks big time. I never want to see that. His leg just got caught up. Bama lost two LBs for the season. Teams now will think twice about playing these games. Take it to the bank.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
Yeah, it sucks big time. I never want to see that. His leg just got caught up. Bama lost two LBs for the season. Teams not will think twice about playing these games. Take it to the bank.

But, Jay, it could have happened during any game against any team. Just one of those things playing football can result in.

But I really think those refs could use DPI for Dummies...

IMG_20170903_194804.jpg

Dad 2 M & M

Bama really took a hit with losses of Christian Miller and Terrell Lewis...and either FSU's defense is great, or Bama's offense will struggle this year. FSU's loss of Deondre Francois is even more devastating. While he looked lost at times, his OL didn't/couldn't help with Bama's pass rush.

SEC - Florida and A&M looked really bad.....

ACC/SEC rilvalry is 2-0 SEC so far, with the SC beating NC State, and the Vols and GT playing in a few hours for a 3rd match up.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Bama really took a hit with losses of Christian Miller and Terrell Lewis...and either FSU's defense is great, or Bama's offense will struggle this year. FSU's loss of Deondre Francois is even more devastating. While he looked lost at times, his OL didn't/couldn't help with Bama's pass rush.

SEC - Florida and A&M looked really bad.....

ACC/SEC rilvalry is 2-0 SEC so far, with the SC beating NC State, and the Vols and GT playing in a few hours for a 3rd match up.
3-0 for the SEC against the ACC.

21stamps

Original Poster
To the FSU fans- Don't give up hope yet.

Look what OSU did with a THIRD STRING quarterback during his first game. :)

LAKid53

Premium Member

Barrett Is 3rd string? That was quite a 2nd half comeback. But Indiana doesn't have our defense.

More game postponements - Miami and Arkansas State. Cupcake?

Dad 2 M & M

Exactly!! And look at your ACC schedule....all you have is Clemson

Pundits are ALREADY saying Clemson's toughest opponent this year will be Auburn (this weekend's match-up).

LAKid53

Premium Member
Unlike some of my fellow Noles, I didn't think we were really in the run for the championship. We still have major problems with our ST. And our O Line really needs to learn to BLOCK. But our defense is top notch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom