2017 NASCAR

patch553

i think its jones in the 20 next year,i cant see kenseth taking the 77(argueably the better ride this year),more likely the 88 (id prefer Bowman but the longer they take to announce the more I think his chances are fading).

wdwfan4ver

I know Roush is going to do 2 cars next year in cup and Stewart-Haas is going to have 4 teams. The only question is drivers for both organizations. Danica can be forced out if no sponsorship is found since she always been under performing at Stewart-Haas. Kurt's option has been picked up for next year, but Kurt is confident that he'll be back next year.

Stenhouse is a free agent and that affects Chris Buescher since Roush doesn't want a third cup team. Stenhouse could stay at Roush, but he could go to Stewart-haas or the 77 car of Furniture Row Racing. I know Furniture Row has 5 minute Energy as a sponsor for next year. Right now Roush lacks speed at intermediate tracks in terms of contending for wins without strategy.

Chris Buescher is going to be with Roush or be loaned to a team depending on Stenhouse. Stenhouse's contract is up after this year.

MOXOMUMD

Original Poster
Screenshot_2017-07-09-10-20-01-1.jpg

QUAKER STATE 400, KENTUCKY

1. Martin Truex Jr.
2. Kyle Larson
3. Chase Elliott

wdwfan4ver

Joe Gibbs Racing has announced Erik Jones is going to drive the 20 cup next year.

No idea on what's happening with the 77 car. The owner of Furniture wants to run a 2nd car next year, but nothing is concrete.

wdwfan4ver

Brent Dewar is the new President of NASCAR. He replaces Mike Helton as President. Mike Helton is still the Vice Chairman of NASCAR.

My take is this change doesn't mean a thing to NASCAR since Brain France is the CEO of NASCAR. Out of anything, Brent is going to the "fall guy" it NASCAR's ratings continue to decline and attendance at the tracks continue to fall.

wdwfan4ver

I think Alex will do well in the ride full time. I am happy it is him, not William Byron. William to me is a can't miss prospect, but I think he needs a 2nd year. While Kyle Bush was a star driver cup in cup even as a rookie despite only having 1 full year of Busch series racing, there are cases like Joey Logano needed more time before going to cup.

Joey Logano had a "can't miss prospect" label, but he didn't became a star cup driver before going to Pesnke. If Joey stayed with JGR after 2012, he was going to be a Nationwide series driver only. JGR management even told Joey that.

One of Joey's problems was him being rushed to cup earlier than he should've been due to Stewart leaving after 2008.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

I didn't think that race was ever going to end.
I agree and I blame multiple things on that.

The first thing is the end of stage cautions didn't help matters at all. The end of 2nd stage caution caused the next 2 cautions to happen. What happened on lap 150 can't be blamed on stage racing can't be blamed on stage racing.

The 2nd thing has to blamed on NBC and NASCAR for having the Brickyard 400 to start late a first place for stuff like if there is a storm and having multiple red flags for the race. Indianapolis Motor speedway doesn't have any lights.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom