2016 Lawsuits against Disney

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Are you also watching the US District Court for the Middle District of Florida? Many employment law cases will be filed in federal court from the outset. Personal injury is more likely to be in state court, but large enough cases with out-of-state plaintiffs could also be in federal court.

Trying to get access..... I believe the Feds want money if you want to actually read the complaint.

Goofnut1980

Clearly, had Disney not eliminated the hot cheese sauce, this never would have happened.

as the liquid plastic would have caused traction and the guest would not have slipped. Instead, she would have been stuck to the floor causing a tear in her hamstring.

Goofnut1980

hahaha...all these cases are a joke...except maybe the people mover one...maybe..

If that happened and no one was injured, they could have just apologized and handed me unlimited fast passes for my trip on my magic band and I would have left smiling! Then rode everything 200 times in a row!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
This thread ****es me off and it's not because of any of you! I can't believe people can actually get away with wasting time like this. Tort reform is so necessary!

Been tried here in Florida, usually led by health care professionals, but given the % of Florida legislators who are attorneys and the power of the trial lawyers lobby, doesn't really get anywhere. But agree. However, if folks would be responsible jurors and not think "their insurance will cover the award" [they just don't get that insurance companies will pass the risk on to their insured in higher premiums], it would go a long way to reform.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Good luck, Matt Morgan, proving that the incident was probable cause for the death of a 90 year old woman. Especially since neither she nor her family sought immediate medical treatment when she experienced problems breathing. I sure hope Disney doesn't settle this one.

BigThunderMatt

Years ago, in front of the castle, a kid was pushing an older lady in a wheelchair. He wasn't looking where he was heading and pushed the wheelchair over the curb. The front wheels hit the pavement and the chair stopped dead in it's tracks, unfortunately the lady didn't and did a massive face plant on the pavement. I didn't get to see how it came out because there was an immediate large crowd around her and I figured that they didn't need one more useless gawker. I've always been curious how that came out though. Now that was a spectacular fall.

Not sure if you've noticed the continual removal of curbs throughout Main Street. This is why. Because people magically forget that curbs exist in the real world the moment they set foot on Disney property.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Not sure if you've noticed the continual removal of curbs throughout Main Street. This is why. Because people magically forget that curbs exist in the real world the moment they set foot on Disney property.

Yeah I witnessed a nasty fall in 04 during MNSSHP. Woman broke her leg after tripping over the curb...

BigThunderMatt

I think it's also important to keep in mind here that Disney has a claims department that does nothing but take calls in regards to incidents on Disney property. For every 10 of these lawsuits I'd wager the claims department has taken 1,000 calls, told people they are either getting nothing or a pittance for their situation (possibly park tickets, maybe a free resort stay), and some people just vow never to return to Disney while others decide to move forward with a law suit.

Keep in mind though the claims department isn't just sitting there twiddling their thumbs waiting for the company to get sued. Long before these cases even come close to going to trial, Disney has recorded statements from every named Cast Member involved in the incident. I myself personally had to do about 5 of these when I was with the company. And every single time it happened, it was for a minor incident that I knew right when it took place "This person is gonna try to use this to sue." Greedy people are very easy to read.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom