2015 WDWMagic Family Cruise

JennK

Thanks for the tip, off to check out Etsy now!

Do you know roughly how many cabins are participating in the FE? Just trying to get an idea of how many gifts I need to get. I've got some ideas that I need to start working on :)

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
Thanks for the tip, off to check out Etsy now!

Do you know roughly how many cabins are participating in the FE? Just trying to get an idea of how many gifts I need to get. I've got some ideas that I need to start working on :)

I have only heard back from about 8 of the families. I am hoping to hear back from the rest this weekend. I am working on a master list now.

Pam

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
Don't forget to get your Fish extender also. Look up the 4 pocket ones on Etsy if you are not making one yourself. I bought mine from there.

Pam

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
I can't wait!! I absolutely love Castaway Cay! We will announce the second annual cruise dates before we go so hopefully anyone that couldn't go this year, can join us next year!

Pam

lebeau

We made our own Fish Extenders. I'm not at all craftsy, but I found a cheap and easy idea. I'll share it for anyone who is interested.

You need some canvas bags. I bought 4 for $10 at Michael's. Cut one handle off the bag that will be at the top. For all the others, cut off both handles but leave yourself a stub to work with. Then use fabric glue or a glue gun to attach each bag to the one above it forming a chain of pockets.

You can then decorate your bags however you like. I bought some iron on transfer sheets and just printed up some decorations which could be ironed on to the pouches.

Total cost was $18. Total time was about a half hour.

JennK

We made our own Fish Extenders. I'm not at all craftsy, but I found a cheap and easy idea. I'll share it for anyone who is interested.

You need some canvas bags. I bought 4 for $10 at Michael's. Cut one handle off the bag that will be at the top. For all the others, cut off both handles but leave yourself a stub to work with. Then use fabric glue or a glue gun to attach each bag to the one above it forming a chain of pockets.

You can then decorate your bags however you like. I bought some iron on transfer sheets and just printed up some decorations which could be ironed on to the pouches.

Total cost was $18. Total time was about a half hour.

Great idea! I found instructions online to make one with pencil pouches from the Dollar store that I was going to try, but using canvas bags sounds better! They'll have more room to hold stuff :)

mammaminnie

There are more rooms available for 4 and 5 person families if anyone is interested! They were all previously sold out, but it looks like a few have opened back up.

JennK

All checked in and port adventures booked!! 90 days to go, yippie!!!! :D:D:D

Speaking of port adventures, has anyone done the Castaway Cay Jet Ski Adventure with kids? I was a little confused when booking, and I want to make sure that it was done right. Figured I'd ask here before calling :) It says to book 1 ticket per double rider jetski. I selected both my husband and I as participants, but my children did not come up as eligible, even though they are above the 8 year old age limit. Am I correct in thinking that by booking both my husband and I that we both will be able to have one of our children as our double rider?

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
You are correct. I had this with another client that had an excursion booked and her daughter was not showing.

Pam

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom