• Anaheim Ducks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New York Rangers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tampa Bay Lightning

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

erasure fan1

Holy cow! Thank you Blackhawks for the win and justifying not going to the Magic Kingdom :jawdrop: for the evening!:cool:

Of course now I can't miss the home game on Monday!;)

It is a bunch of fun talking to the Hawk fans as well as the Tampa fans in the park and walking by yelling "go hawks!" and listening to the cheering!

ItlngrlBella

As we blast Chelsea Dagger at our house, I'm gonna put this right here:

image.jpg

erasure fan1

It's coming home to where it belongs...

SWEET HOME CHICAGO
Heck yea it is!!! Now my only problem, where to find a championship shirt in the Magic Kingdom today.:cool: It was a great game, just like the whole series, very chaotic and unpredictable. It really seems like the lightning are going to be a tough teem to deal with for a while. That game should have had 4 or 5 goals scored at least but, "That's hockey baby!" Only one thing left to say,

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SAV

Man am I tired this morning. I was up quite late watching all of the coverage and what not. I also ran out this morning to grab a copy of each newspaper to put with the others.

What a great moment when Timmonen got to hoist the cup. Dude was basically dead and played. This team was amazing doing it with essentially 4 defenseman. Keith was only 4 seconds away from the all time record for per game minutes played in a cup final.

All of the criticism he has taken and Crow throws a shut out to clinch it. Gotta Love it. Best part was his traditional "F" bomb on live TV after the game.

My friend has had season tickets since the old barn(over 35 years now) and he has 300 level seats, about 6 rows from the top and sold his set for $3300 for this game. He has basically paid for his seats for years to come now. I had offered to buy him some Nacho's, A beer, an ice cream and pay for parking if he took me, but he sold them instead. I'm the dummy who had been splitting season tickets since I was 18 years old and had finally had enough of going to see a bad team and got out of it about 9 years ago...just as we started getting good...oops.

I'll be going to Universal and Clearwater in July, so I'm going to be stocking up on Championship merchandise to wear for that trip.

As one of the boys said in the post game, watch out for Tampa in the years to come. They are a very good team and right there at the top. I'm just glad Stammer never got on track. He was who I was most scared of going in to this.

Last edited:

erasure fan1

All of the criticism he has taken and Crow throws a shut out to clinch it. Gotta Love it. Best part was his traditional "F" bomb on live TV after the game.
You could tell by the way the team was playing they really wanted to get him that shut out. I think a lot of the criticism is warranted with him. He does let in way too many soft goals and is good for a couple of brainfarts every game. If he could just not have the type of mental breakdowns he has almost every game he would be very, very good. I have been very critical of him but was really glad to see him have that type of game to win the cup.

Foltzy

Looking forward to the parade almost as much as my next trip
As I said in 2013-We Kane
We Shaw
We Crawford (still don't think that's as good as the other two)

SAV

Parade and Rally Day. I will be watching from the comfort of my own home and sure as hell not going downtown for it. Maybe 20 years ago I would have liked to go and be a part of it, but not now. Seems like a big hassle to get downtown to fight people for a glimpse of the busses going by or to just get into Soldier Field to begin with. I know I will have a better view on TV than most of those in attendance.

SAV

Well, the parade seemed like a bit of a joke. No ticker tape and they seemed to be doing 30 mph down the road to get to Soldier Field. I was concerned that it was empty, but it filled up nicely. Once they were inside it looked to be pretty cool. I did really like the video of all of the goals in each game. Loved Rocky's weather report from Monday, "A little rain, but no sign of Lightning". And of course, Crawford didn't let us down. I could have done without the Versteeg/Nordstrom deal at the end though...ugh.

Foltzy

The parade today didn't let down.
The whole time from getting on the train to come downtown to leaving the atmosphere was the greatest thing ever.
It was the thing I came for. And to celebrate our Hawks

Btw I was pretty far down on Monroe

ItlngrlBella

The parade was what I expected but I wish they could have done the confetti during the parade as well. I thought the jorts on the players were hilarious!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom