2015 Flower and Garden Festival Outdoor Kitchens

DisDadWoz

We did not go last year for F & G so was looking for some opinions on anything we really need to try. I am really interested in the Ghost Pepper Tilapia:hungry:

MermaidJuli

We did not go last year for F & G so was looking for some opinions on anything we really need to try. I am really interested in the Ghost Pepper Tilapia:hungry:
The ghost pepper tilapia was amazing last year! It definitely has a zing to it and a great flavor.

Also, my very top two items at the festival that have returned this year are both at the Florida Fresh booth -- the first is the watermelon salad with pickled onions, baby arugula, feta cheese and balsamic reduction and the second is the shrimp and stone ground grits with andouille sausage, sweet corn, tomatoes and cilantro. Both of these were absolutely loved by everyone in our group and we all returned to get more of them.

Another one that had high remarks last year was at the Fleur de Lys booth - the Parisian dumplings with vegetables & mushrooms. Also, if you want a good beverage, this booth also has the la vie en rose St. Germain vodka slush -- ALL of us in my group fell in love with this drink.

The new item that I'm most looking forward to this year is at the Smokehouse: BBQ & Brews booth. They are offering a new beef brisket burnt ends hash with white cheddar fondue and pickled jalepenos. At Food & Wine last fall they offered a hash that took top remarks, so I'm hoping this one lives up to the hash hype! :)

Klpalmer

Does anyone know where I can find the listing or photos of the flower and garden festival passport that notes which items are gluten free? I know it was listed in all the passports last year does anyone have the details for this year? Thanks

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Botanas Botanico dishes

Seafood ceviche - Shrimp, Scallops and Grouper with Mango and Avocado $5.25
DSC03372.jpg

La Tizana fruit drink 2.75
DSC03401.jpg

Coconut Tres Leches $3.75
DSC03399.jpg

Cachapa con Queso (sweet yellow corn pancake) $3.25
DSC03381.jpg

White Corn Arepa with Braised Beef and Chayota Slaw $4.25
DSC03387.jpg

NiarrNDisney

I will be visiting this week so I have to wonder. What are your favorite treats available at the kiosks? I know I have to have the Candied Strawberries from the Lotus House!

Last edited:

DisDadWoz

I will be visiting this week so I have to wonder. What are your favorite treats available at the kiosks? I know I have to have the Candied Strawberries from the Lotus House!
My "picks" from our visit:

Best item: Ghost Pepper Tilapia
Had to go back for more: Burnt Ends Hash (Smokehouse)
Best Surprise: Duck Confit (Fleur de Leys)
You can keep it: Manicotti (Primevera)
Best drink that was not beer: Rose Slush (Fleur de Leys)

The Frushi from Japan was great, I'm getting it again this year even though it was so simple. Also, we tried the spring roll from the Lotus House in China, surprisingly, it was the best spring roll my dad and I have both ever had. We've never had another close to it since. I missed out on the strawberries at Lotus house, but my mom managed to try them and loved them as well. They seemed to ditch the dish from Primevera that we didn't like, so that's a plus.

This is just one of those situations where there is too much to try!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom