2014 Walt Disney World parks holiday season updates

PhilharMagician

Wonder where they parked people before Epcot?
Or did they just send them home?
They parked in the MK (TTC) parking lot. The WDW Speedway wasn't built until 1995 so there were about 3 more rows of parking available prior to that which is not much, but a few hundred parking spots. Also MK wasn't seeing the massive crowds that is currently does today and the park simply did not have the capacity to hold todays guests (no not time to throw in obese jokes). There have been quite a few substantial additions to MK to increase it's daily guest capacity. I can see the TTC lot expanding in the next few years if attendance keeps increasing.

Big C 73

Wonder where they parked people before Epcot?
Or did they just send them home?

image.jpg

Courtesy of Thanksgiving Weekend of 1971.

TheRabbit

Low gas prices this year may have something to do with more people driving down than years past. I remember the years when gas was $4, MK parking lot hardly reached capacity, but yet the park itself had many phase closings.

mimitchi33

And DHS is out of FP with 4hrs of operations remaining
25z77es.jpg

Seriously, I've never heard of this happening before on New Year's, and like the comic says, I've only heard of fastpasses running out at Tokyo Disneyland.
View attachment 77903

Courtesy of Thanksgiving Weekend of 1971.
My reaction:
2h3yadf.jpg

I know that the park just opened in 1971, but imagine how nuts it would have been! There would have to have been at least a seven or eight hour wait for one of the rides...
As of 11:00AM, we've got the Seven Dwarves Mine Train at a 95 minute wait being Magic Kingdom's highest. Epcot's highest is Soarin' at an 125-minute (2 hours and five minutes) wait. Hollywood Studios, meanwhile, gives us a 120-minute wait for Toy Story Mania!, and things aren't as nuts at Animal Kingdom with Primeval Whirl having a 50-minute wait. Also, Pooh has a 60-minute wait, and Figment now has a 35-minute wait. Let's see if it gets to over an hour...

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom