2013 D23

danlb_2000

Premium Member
At this point, what would be coming to a Star Wars DHS expansion if it were to be announced at D23?

A small-scale Tatooine theming with Cantina, Star Tours, indoor Training Academy

Or a full-scale land with an e-ticket, cantina, Star Tours, indoor Training Academy, retail, and more.

Insiders? @Lee @WDW1974 @marni1971

I see little point in doing the small-scale expansion. DHS is already drawing Star Wars fans with the current attractions and Star Wars weekends so I think you would need a major addition to get people to make a special trip for it.

GLaDOS

I see little point in doing the small-scale expansion. DHS is already drawing Star Wars fans with the current attractions and Star Wars weekends so I think you would need a major addition to get people to make a special trip for it.

Agreed, which is the reason I don't think you would see anything announced this year.

I think this year will be a Pixar expansion, most likely Cars since Orlando won't want to pass up those profits, as well as some thematic changes and touch ups across the park for DHS.

Also, other than Avatar, I think we're going to see some more info about Disney Springs and maybe some of the Disney venues that will be going in.

RSoxNo1

I think moving Jedi Training Academy indoors and adding a Mos Eisley Cantina is a step in the right direction, however a fully fleshed out land leads at least one more major ride.

Sue_Vongello

I say go all in with Star Wars (obviously) ... move Jedi Training indoors to Sounds Dangerous, re-theme Star Tours to look more like a building in Tatooine, extend that themeing to Backlot Express where you make that the Cantina, then between Backlot and Indy somewhere but in a C-Ticket spinner type deal themed after pod racing (for capacity), then take over Indy for a massive E-ticket, that is like a space port where you jump in "hydrolaters" up to either the Death Star or a some Rebel ship where you board x-wing or tie fighters for a big battle in an indoor rollercoaster/forbidden journey/midway mania hybrid thing ...

Clowd Nyne

Come on Pixar place. Right now it should've called toy story land because that's the only presence felt. I want MONSTERS!!!!! I want CARS!!!!! I want a PLANES ride to open along side the movie!!!!!

And A Star Wars dark ride would be great! With a light saber battle happening around above and below you. Maybe a dueling tie fighter x wing coaster. I gots the ideas! ;)

matt9112

I say go all in with Star Wars (obviously) ... move Jedi Training indoors to Sounds Dangerous, re-theme Star Tours to look more like a building in Tatooine, extend that themeing to Backlot Express where you make that the Cantina, then between Backlot and Indy somewhere but in a C-Ticket spinner type deal themed after pod racing (for capacity), then take over Indy for a massive E-ticket, that is like a space port where you jump in "hydrolaters" up to either the Death Star or a some Rebel ship where you board x-wing or tie fighters for a big battle in an indoor rollercoaster/forbidden journey/midway mania hybrid thing ...

Tattooni sucks! That would require the ATAT to not be present and. I demand that the emperial war machine stay put to warn those Jedi of the real power of the Empire. And that resistance is only prolonging the inevitable. That area of said theme park should be modeled after imperial power.

herc

I say we skip the cars land...use the same track and technology and make the cars into a 6 passenger Luke's land speeder. There ya go, a clone...but not a clone...just like Dinosaur and Indy.
Not by you WishIwasThere, I think everyone has to get over ride systems as clones. Yes, Indy and Dinosaur are cloned ride systems as much as Test Track and Radiator Springs Racers are clones of the same ride system. As long as the theme is different, I would go on a new attraction and enjoy it. Remember Dumbo is really a glorified carnival spinner ride. That goes for Astro Orbitor, Aladdin's Magic Carpet, and Flik's Flyers. A roller coaster is a roller coaster, yes. But now technology has standing roller coasters, sitting roller coasters, lying down roller coasters, sitting roller coasters with no floor. Would love to have the Monsters Inc. Door Coaster as either and standing or sitting with no floor coaster in DHS. I really love the idea of a Pixar Place with an attraction from each Pixar movie. It can be done and would be fantastic.
I also think that an expanded Star Wars Land should happen. The Cantina is a must. Another dark ride and maybe a spinner ride, move Jedi Academy to Sounds Dangerous (heck, open a JTA store with exclusive JTA merchandise, whoah that's crazy talk). The JTA stage can be repurposed. Add a meet n greet and the "land" is complete.

I also heard that Carsland will be different than DCA Carsland. I wouldn't mind if there was a "Cars2" type race ride so the entire Radiator Springs wouldn't have to be created.

If there ever would be a Rainforest area in DAK, that is where I would build some sort of an UP! attraction.

herc

From what I've read here and on other sites and through these six pages, I suspect the following at D23.
I really feel that since the last time nothing new was announced, that something for every park will be announced, even if we know about it already. Overall, I think that they will talk about international parks quickly and then come back to US parks.

MK: More details on daytime parade, possible night time parade announcement along with new fireworks show, Dwarfs Mine Train update and success of NFL, addition of Princess Fairytale Hall. Possibly talk about MM+, Starbucks, Limited Time Magic for Autumn, going green with electric buses, new bus area.
Epcot: Success of new TestTrack, Captain Eo replacement, Spice Road Restaurant artwork, Starbucks, otherwise nothing.
DAK: Possible new artwork for Avatarland, news about Festival of the Lion King move.
DHS: Reworking of a Star Wars miniland, announcement of something in Pixar Place (please please doorcoaster), some sort of a mini Carsland announcement, announcing new shows instead of Voyage of the Little Mermaid (rumored to be Princess and the Frog) and BATB stage show (rumored to be Rapunzel), Soarin movie announcement.
DTD: You know they gotta talk about Disney Springs.
DL: 60th anniversary start up plans, upgrades to five Fantasyland attractions, something for peoplemover track (lightcycles?) and new attraction in Tomorrowland for Innoventions buliding (Ironman?), Starbucks, new parade. Talk of success of new Fantasy Faire.
DCA: Announcing phase 1.5 by doing something with Hollywood Studios Backlot (please not Monstropolis), remaking theme in Condor Flats area, Soarin movie announcement, new parade.
DLP: announcing anniversary plans.
DSP: Ratatoule coaster, Star Wars miniland.
HKDL: successful launch of new lands and attractions.
TDL: 30th anniversary parade details, possible Carsland.
TDS: Soarin possibly.
SDL: More concept artwork, announce that groundwork has begun.
DCL: General upgrades and Aquadunk for Magic.
DVC: Concept artwork and room samples for VGF, possible announcement for Poly DVC.

doctornick

Well, I agree that if the point is to be to draw new people to the park, then a small scale expansion does little.

However, I think a small expansion could be of value if the point is to simply increase the attraction count and have more "things to do" which would allow TDO to close things (like LMA and Backlot) to build on those areas without making the park offers too skimpy given that they are already kinda weak overall right now.

rnese

I'm hoping for no Cars Land in DHS but some other expansion either more added to Pixar Place or Star Wars.

I'm hoping that Tomorrowland in DL will be getting a makeover and either get rid of the People mover Track or do something with it.

Soarin' Over the World sounds good to me.

They have to give some Avatar details!
"get rid of the People Mover Track..."
I'll PRETEND I didn't read that.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom