2013 D23

misterID

It better be more than Avatar. Technically Avatar was already announced so they better not just announce something they've already announced.

Signed,
The Department of Redundancy Department

Yeah, but it was most likely a knee-jerk announcement because of how terrible the last D23 was in relation to WDW announcement. I don't think Staggs wants to make the internet angry again.

I predict Avatar artwork, more MM+ pimping, some Shanghai news/art, some Marvel news, something with Johnny Depp, some DHS announcement and DCA/Monsters INC stuff, DLR new Tomorrowland stuff. Some PIXAR stuff. And some Star wars stuff thrown in for good measure.

...and EPCOT getting the shaft. Again.

pluto13

I'm going for a DHS makeover including a Pixar Place Expansion, the Roger Rabbit ride replace BatB Live on Stage, and more

RSoxNo1

What day/time will these announcements be taking place? Is there an opportunity to watch online?
I would guess this presentation will be on Friday August 9th. The allowed video recording in 2011 so if it's allowed I'm guessing the usual suspects will have streaming video.

doctornick

I would actually be pretty surprised if they do not announce something for both DAK (Avatar stuff) and DHS (Pixar/Cars Land and/or Star Wars). I'm not saying that I necessarily expect much and it might be only concept art without any real attraction details. But I think in terms of WDW that those two parks will definitely get some time.

I think it's likely that Epcot will get highlighted as well (new Soarin' or updated movie for Imagination) but I could see it not being brought up.

The only thing I could see for MK would be more details about the daytime parade or possible info on a Wishes replacement.

Rodan75

I think they have to announce at least a 6% increase in attraction capacity and they probably need closer to 10% just to keep up with annual growth and enable maintenance. So I'm all in on @Tim_4's DAK full day thought process and DHS reboot everyone else has predicted.

I wouldn't bet against DCL announcements, a bigger integration with ABD and DCL and A big push on GF DVC, I bet no Poly DVC discussion.

BrightImagine

I would guess this presentation will be on Friday August 9th. The allowed video recording in 2011 so if it's allowed I'm guessing the usual suspects will have streaming video.
I hope someone will link to said usual suspects when the time comes. I am dying to be there, but I can't.

My wish for D23 is that they would announce that the next feature after Frozen is hand-drawn.

WishIwasThere

I say we skip the cars land...use the same track and technology and make the cars into a 6 passenger Luke's land speeder and take it through Tatooine, escape from Jabba's palace or start your journey in Watoo's junk yard, avoid the sarlac pit, look out for that sand crawler and the Jawas, avoid the Sand People ambush through Beggar's Canyon and end up in Mos Eisley where you can visit Tatooine Traders or just get a drink in the Cantina. There ya go, a clone...but not a clone...just like Dinosaur and Indy.

WishIwasThere

My wish for D23 is that they would announce that the next feature after Frozen is hand-drawn.

I think that Tangled succes, and Princess and the Frog mediocre success, has spelled doom for hand-drawn features. I don't see any studio releasing any hand-drawn features in the future. Pixar has ruined it for everyone.;)

michmousefan

I am hoping for many of things posted in this thread, but realistically, here's what I think we'll get.

-Seven Dwarf Mine Coaster construction progress photos to hype up the opening
-Starbucks opens at MK and Epcot, now announced to come to Studios and DAK.
-Princess Fairytale Hall construction progress photos to hype up the opening.
-New concept art of the new parade for Magic Kingdom

That sounds like a very plausible list. And you're right, it's considered by Parks and Rec to be a lot. Wouldn't be surprised if they have some actual track footage of the SDMT train cars in action. Will be very surprised if actual new pavilion work happens for Epcot and/or DHS.

Honestly, I would guess that the biggest press from D23 will come from the movie/TV side, with either presentations from Joss Whedon on Avengers2 and SHIELD and/or JJ Abrams talking about Star Wars Episode 7. Won't be surprised at all if JJ announces the official title of the movie, and trots out Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford on stage. None of their participation in the movie has been *officially* announced to date, so why not do it at your biggest event, complete with a custom audience of squealing geeks (of which I will be one).

wdwfan4ver

Last D23 Expo was a big dissapointment with no major announcements. This one is sure to be too.
I disagree if you look at the Disneyland side of things for the upcoming D23 Expo.

Everything that was talked about for Disneyland Resort for the last D23 Expo is now completed. That means the 2013 D23 Parks and Resorts presentation has nothing for the theme parks at the Disneyland Resort for a presentation unless they make a new announcement

wdwfan4ver

DCL And DVC will be part of the presentation and I expect announcement for those things.

Dinsey Land Resorts
Monster Inc. Attraction announcement for DCA.
Possible Soarin' announcement for DCA, Epcot and Shanghai Disneyland.

WDW
FLE being talked about in terms of Seven Dwarf Mine Train
Avatarland concept artand attractions revealed.
Possible Soarin' announcement (same for DCA and Shanghai)
Possible DHS expansion - Star Wars Expansion?
Grand Floridian DVC and announcement of Polynesian resort being part of the DVC presentation.

Oversea Disney Theme Parks
More stuff being revealed for Shanghai Disneyland.
Possible Marvel announcement for attractions at Hong Kong Disneyland.
Might talk about ratatouille attraction.

wdwfan4ver

I didn't mention Carsland because of Tikiman a few weeks ago mentioned that it is very unlikely that Carsland will be built at DHS.

Turtle

Original Poster
At this point, what would be coming to a Star Wars DHS expansion if it were to be announced at D23?

A small-scale Tatooine theming with Cantina, Star Tours, indoor Training Academy

Or a full-scale land with an e-ticket, cantina, Star Tours, indoor Training Academy, retail, and more.

Insiders? @Lee @WDW1974 @marni1971

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom