2012 Themed Entertainment Association park attendance figures show increase over 2011

TP2000

Thanks Genie! That Editor's Note on Miceage really sums up what a huge change this will be if these DCA numbers truly do pan out.

And will also help explain why a ticket to DCA now costs more than a ticket to Epcot. :eek:

lazyboy97o

I wonder how much Disneyland will be down. I doubt the Disneyland Resort as a whole added 3 million people in attendance. Lutz's updates made note several times about how the crowd distribution patterns resulted in lower numbers at Disneyland.

cheezbat

I wonder how much Disneyland will be down. I doubt the Disneyland Resort as a whole added 3 million people in attendance. Lutz's updates made note several times about how the crowd distribution patterns resulted in lower numbers at Disneyland.
Having visited Disneyland I can honestly say that regardless of DCA picking up more attendance, Disneyland was still pretty darn busy on my trip. I would guess their numbers would be between 14 and 15 million and DCA about 9.5.

TP2000

Having visited Disneyland I can honestly say that regardless of DCA picking up more attendance, Disneyland was still pretty darn busy on my trip. I would guess their numbers would be between 14 and 15 million and DCA about 9.5.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. Disneyland down a million or two, but DCA up 3 to 4 million, for a total gain of 1 or 2 million for Anaheim as a whole. That would be mighty impressive, considering Cars Land was only open for the last half of 2012.

TP2000

Could you imagine being told this ten years ago? :D

No, I can't. Especially because I am a HUGE Epcot fan, and I also spent most of the last decade belittling DCA and denigrating it constantly.

To see how the tables have turned, and how quickly they turned over a period of about 18 months during 2011-12, myself as a famous DCA critic could never have predicted it. It's stunning, really, how much things changed in Anaheim during one calendar year; 2012.

TP2000

Al lutz dropped in a editors note on miceage yesterday talking about the 2012 attendance report mainly focusing on DL parks (specifically showing that 2012 attendance at DCA increased over 3 million vs. 2011 number(6.3 million). Keep in mind, that was also with only 6 months of carsland operation.
http://micechat.com/microposts/disneyland-prices-going-up/

Here's the Miceage note from this weekend, for those that missed it:
Editor’s Note: June 1, 2013: On Tuesday the annual attendance report will be released by the Burbank-based Themed Entertainment Association industry trade group. The financial goal of DCA's expansion was to raise annual attendance by 1 Million visitors once the project was complete, over the 6.3 Million DCA got in 2011. But the wild success of the park makeover was underestimated and 2012 attendance at DCA increased over 3 Million with just six months of Cars Land operation. Some of that was scavenged from Disneyland attendance, but the annual attendance for the Anaheim property overall will accurately show a healthy increase for 2012 when the Tuesday report is released. The 2013 numbers thus far continue the Anaheim upward trend.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Cody5242

I'm surprised that AK has a higher attendance than DHS. DHS has two major events (Star Wars Wknds, Osborne Christmas Lights) that I thought would boost it up

asianway

I'm surprised that AK has a higher attendance than DHS. DHS has two major events (Star Wars Wknds, Osborne Christmas Lights) that I thought would boost it up
They also killed ESPN and Soap Wknds. People like animals and DHS needs some freshening up, Im not too surprised.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom