2012 Disney Parks Promotion?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Original Poster
From StitchKingdom:

It’s about that time. Not just time for Disney D23 Expo, but for Disney Parks to unveil what its 2012 campaign will be, which traditionally takes place mid-September. This year, however, the notice may come earlier as the spotlight is trained on both Disney Parks and Disney Corporate Responsibility, both of which may play a part in revealing that the new promotion for next year may just be may be a redo of 2010.

In 2010, Disney Parks teamed up with the HandsOn Network to allow guests to trade volunteering for a community project in for a one day admission to the Disney Parks theme park. The program proved to be so popular, it had to close just a few months after starting due to the overwhelming response reaching its capacity.

We have learned that Disney Parks is preparing to launch something titled ‘One More Disney Day’ and it may be tied to bringing the promotion back next year. A special announcement is scheduled at the Disney Corporate Citizenship Pavilion at the Disney D23 Expo on Friday, August 19 featuring an appearance by authors Ridley Pearson and Dave Barry and actor David Arquette. Specific details are unknown at this time, but it may relate to the ‘Disney Day’ volunteer program.

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-one-disney-day-signal-return-disney-parks-promotion-2012-17270/

toolsnspools

That would be cool. We'll be there in Feb but only planned to do the non-Disney parks. This would give us a day at one of the Disney parks too.

JimboJones123

Let the complaining begin.

I find these compaigns to be much better than the guilt filled "how dare you not have taken your kids to Disney" campaigns.

JimboJones123

When the boards blew up with criticism after the 2010 employee contribution numbers came out I lost my faith in a majority of posters here.

bayoubelle

amuck, amuck, amuck
Why does Disney have to have an annual promotion? I can understand a significant anniversary push but having a promo each year kind of dilutes the idea, IMO.

daydreamdana84

That'd be pretty cool if they bring back the "give a day get a day promotion". I participated in it last time. My family volunteered at a wildlife center :) .We had so much fun!

jhastings74

I honestly thought the 'Give a Day Get a Day' promotion was one of the best promo ideas they have had in a long time. It was a great follow-up to the Year(s) of a Million Dreams...as if to say, 'Okay, we gave you all kinds of free stuff...now it's YOUR turn...' I'm a big supporter of volunteerism and would love to see this program come back in some form.

Pioneer Hall

I'm all for something that gives me a credit toward my AP. However, I wonder how they will work the system this time since this campaign barely made it a quarter of the way into the year. With the way word travels, if they did things the same way I could see all the tickets being pledged in 2 months.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Original Poster
Why does Disney have to have an annual promotion? I can understand a significant anniversary push but having a promo each year kind of dilutes the idea, IMO.

It's obviously an easy path for self-promotion, but of late it's also allowed Disney to focus more on programs such as volunteerism (as evidenced in the popularity of the "Give a Day, Get a Day promotion). It sounds like perhaps next year will be more of the same....

invader

Wish they'd go back to the "Remember the Magic" campaign, but I can't complain about it. Great idea, will participate. :)

MissM

How does that work we are Ap holders and dont recall any way for the volunteer program to give us a credit towards AP?
Two ways. Either you upgrade the one day ticket to an AP (which is what we did in 2010 actually) or, you can apply the one day ticket to a renewal. With the new monthly payment plan, if you're a Florida resident, you could use the 1 day ticket as your downpayment (which is a one day ticket's cost) and then just pay the monthly fee.

I would not be opposed to the Give A Day coming back. We liked it and volunteered and were able to upgrade to AP's because of it that year. :D

Goofnut1980

What was so bad about getting free admission on your birthday? I actually planned a long weekend trip in June from Ohio just go to. My bday is the 12th and my friends is the 13th. So we went down.. both spent money in the parks and each a 1 day ticket. Also went for a friends bday April 30th.. So they got more money from us then too. If it wasn't for that promotion WDW would not have received an extra $170 for just us going in to the parks for 1 day each in June... JMO

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom