2012 Candlelight Processional narrators announced

MouseRight

In all the years we have gone to Candlelight, we have never seen the crowds last year when Neil Patrick Harris was the narrator. The standing room only crowd filled up all of the space behind the theatre and went all the way back to the fountain in front of the American Adventure. He did a wonderful performace.

Lisalyn

This will be the first year I'm there for CLP and I'm very excited! My Disney BFF and I will catch Isabella Rosselini for our day assigned to EPCOT. She is leaving a couple days before me so I'm going to book (per my sisters EXTREME instructions LOL) a lunch or dinner package and go see Neil Patrick Harris. She said he and Whoopie are hands down 2 of the best narrators :) - I have a feeling both Processionals will be ones I'll never forget. Bring on the memories!

Donald96

Does anyone else thinks that a particular attraction, (Ariel's Undersea Adventure) will perhaps have its grand opening when a particular someone (Jodi Benson) will be here? Not to say it won't open sooner but still something is a bit fishy... (yes fishy was a pun)

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Does anyone else thinks that a particular attraction, (Ariel's Undersea Adventure) will perhaps have its grand opening when a particular someone (Jodi Benson) will be here? Not to say it won't open sooner but still something is a bit fishy... (yes fishy was a pun)

It's possible, but honestly, it's not like Benson has a lot going on right now. She could very easily attend the opening of Ariel's Undersea Adventure and return for her stint as the CLP narrator.

Aside from Phylicia Rashad (whose voice alone carries the entire presentation), I would say that Neil Patrick Harris is the best narrator I've ever seen (and of course, I haven't seen all of them). He and his partner, David Burtka, are extremely nice as well. Last year I ended up sitting down the row from Burtka and we had the nicest conversation. I had no idea who he was at the time (I was just making conversation with the person next to me while we waited for the show to start). It was only aftwerwards that I realized who he was.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Andrew Dice Clay, for real?

Assuming that's true, I'm actually shocked Disney would bring him and all his baggage in. If he's narrating the show, you can bet there will be lots of nervous managers watching, worried that he might begin to stray from the script and wander off the reservation.

Donald96

It's possible, but honestly, it's not like Benson has a lot going on right now. She could very easily attend the opening of Ariel's Undersea Adventure and return for her stint as the CLP narrator.

Haha, I guess that is true but at least it's an estimate and so far the only one I have... lol But, I'm not sure if they would open TT and FLE that close to each other either...

cslafferty

Any speculation when they're going to announce package prices and open up ADR's ? I've been trying to book ADR's for Le Cellier and Rose & Crown, but they are not opening up tables for ressies yet.

AmongMadPeople

Any speculation when they're going to announce package prices and open up ADR's ? I've been trying to book ADR's for Le Cellier and Rose & Crown, but they are not opening up tables for ressies yet.

Last year I think they opened up at the very end of July. But it was announced a few days in advance, so you shouldn't wake up surprised one morning that they're out.

RSoxNo1

Aside from Phylicia Rashad (whose voice alone carries the entire presentation), I would say that Neil Patrick Harris is the best narrator I've ever seen (and of course, I haven't seen all of them). He and his partner, David Burtka, are extremely nice as well. Last year I ended up sitting down the row from Burtka and we had the nicest conversation. I had no idea who he was at the time (I was just making conversation with the person next to me while we waited for the show to start). It was only aftwerwards that I realized who he was.
NPH has been excellent as has John O'Hurley (J. Peterman from Seinfeld).

bubbles1812

I apologize! Ha.. I also didn't see Neil Patrick Harris and Trace Atkins. Trace was there last year I went.
No worries. :) I was just teasing. I don't know most of the people who voiced Disney characters but Little Mermaid is one of my favorite movies so I do know who voiced her. Now if you asked me who voiced Prince Eric...I would not be able to tell you, lol.

Captain Hank

Looks like a fantastic narrator roster this year. I've had the honor of singing with a majority of the ones that have been posted so far, and they were all excellent. Here's hoping I get to be in the choir again.

GoofyFan1

Disney has just released the lineup for this year's Candlelight Processional at Epcot.

Nov. 23–25: Isabella Rossellini (film/TV star and wildlife conversationalist)
Nov. 26–29: Neil Patrick Harris (Emmy Award-winner, Broadway star and TV host)
Nov. 30–Dec. 1: Whoopi Goldberg (television host, actress and comedian)
Dec. 11–13: Jodi Benson (singer and actress)
Dec. 14–16: Olivia Newton John (singer and actress)
Dec. 20–22: Trace Adkins (Award-Winning Country music artist)
Dec. 23–25: Gary Sinise (actor and musician)
Dec. 29–30: Marlee Matlin (Academy Award-winning actor and TV star)

If we can secure our reservation, we'll be seeing Olivia Newton John.
When will the missing dates be filled in? Sporadically?
And why no ticket info?
We would love to see Gary Sinise again.

MickeyCrazed

The candlelight processional has no one for Dec 2-10.......we will be there during that time.....is it a mistake or is it correct????

That is the week we normally go, and for some reason, it always is the last to be booked with narrators. Sometimes the schedule undergoes several revisions for that week also. Makes it really hard to plan what night you want to see the show...

Biff215

I'm pretty sure the guy in the Mission: Space pre-show is an animatronic, not an actor.

Huh? Definitely Gary Sinise. No animatronics in MS as far as I know!

Now if you're saying Gary Sinise looks like an animatronic, I might buy that. We saw him a few years ago at the CP on Christmas Eve. He was good, but also a bit robotic. He didn't add as much personally to the script as Michael W. Smith did, but that's just a personal preference.

RSoxNo1

Huh? Definitely Gary Sinise. No animatronics in MS as far as I know!

Now if you're saying Gary Sinise looks like an animatronic, I might buy that. We saw him a few years ago at the CP on Christmas Eve. He was good, but also a bit robotic. He didn't add as much personally to the script as Michael W. Smith did, but that's just a personal preference.
Dear Internets,
There needs to be something beyond bold or italics that reflects sarcasm.
Love,
Everyone

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom