2010 Christmas Day Parade!

dizkid03

i have never been to disney on christmas day the 25th to see the parade. i am thinking of going this year with my friend. any advice on how early to be there and how much it costs to get in and what i have to do to get a ticket or whatnot? etc.... thanks all!

Kobe!!

i have never been to disney on christmas day the 25th to see the parade. i am thinking of going this year with my friend. any advice on how early to be there and how much it costs to get in and what i have to do to get a ticket or whatnot? etc.... thanks all!
The taping of the parade isn't on Xmas, it's a few weeks prior.

I got there at around 6am each day and wasn't to far back in the line.

joanna71985

so what is it like if i go on xmas day? is there a parade or when should i go to see it like it is on tv?

Christmas Day they show the parade that is performed during MVMCP.

You won't be able to see it like it is on tv, as part is taped out in DL (and the other part is taped over a couple of days in the MK). The filming usually happens the first weekend in Dec

PhilharMagician

so when do you suggest i go to get a good show and experience?

What you see on TV will not be seen exactly at MK. Like the OP said the TV version has cuts from DL as well as the guest stars that sing and appear during the parade. Besides those exceptions the Christmastime parade can be seen during any MVMCP or at MK starting daily on December 23 and running through December 31. Please understand if you have not been to WDW during the last week of December it is very likely that MK will reach capacity and close for a period of time during the day. Otherwise it will be just plain packed there.

prberk

so when do you suggest i go to get a good show and experience?

It depends on what you expect. Christmas Day is amazingly packed.

So, if you plan to go on Christmas Day, you have to (1) know what you are getting into, and (2) bring the right attitude.

If you are going for rides, forget it completely. Everything will be at maximum wait nearly all day. You have to have patience, and willingness to go with the flow.

BUT the atmosphere will be festive. You have to be going for the atmosphere overall. The parade is nice, but as others have said, completely different from TV.

But the crowds will be massive and overwhelming. The same will be true all week. Most days (especially Christmas), the park will open around 8, and already start closiing due to capacity by 9 a.m. (It closes in stages, first to drive-up guests not staying on Disney property.) Expect 90,000 or more people most of the day.

If you insist on going to a Disney park that day, EPCOT might be a better choice, or at least use a park-hopper to escape by monorail to EPCOT during the day.

Paul

Kobe!!

It depends on what you expect. Christmas Day is amazingly packed.

So, if you plan to go on Christmas Day, you have to (1) know what you are getting into, and (2) bring the right attitude.

If you are going for rides, forget it completely. Everything will be at maximum wait nearly all day. You have to have patience, and willingness to go with the flow.

BUT the atmosphere will be festive. You have to be going for the atmosphere overall. The parade is nice, but as others have said, completely different from TV.

But the crowds will be massive and overwhelming. The same will be true all week. Most days (especially Christmas), the park will open around 8, and already start closiing due to capacity by 9 a.m. (It closes in stages, first to drive-up guests not staying on Disney property.) Expect 90,000 or more people most of the day.

If you insist on going to a Disney park that day, EPCOT might be a better choice, or at least use a park-hopper to escape by monorail to EPCOT during the day.

Paul

I'm pretty sure MK closes it's gates at around 75,000 and EPCOT is around 120,000. I think it's safe to say it's physically impossible for EPCOT to close. :shrug:

amcjcc

I'm going to be in Orlando December 2nd-4th for a work conference. The only day we can hit a park is the 4th. I really want to hit the MK but the X-mas Day Parade taping concerns me. No interest in participating; just want to see the decorations and hit rides. We won't be able to get there until probably 1pm. Are the crowds heavy all the way to closing? The MK is open until midnight that night. I'm just not sure if it's really worth going to. I'd hate to spend a fortune for a 1 day ticket and be miserable the entire time. I suppose we could always hit Epcot instead. I've just never been to WDW at X-mas and really wanted to hit the MK.

Kobe!!

I'm going to be in Orlando December 2nd-4th for a work conference. The only day we can hit a park is the 4th. I really want to hit the MK but the X-mas Day Parade taping concerns me. No interest in participating; just want to see the decorations and hit rides. We won't be able to get there until probably 1pm. Are the crowds heavy all the way to closing? The MK is open until midnight that night. I'm just not sure if it's really worth going to. I'd hate to spend a fortune for a 1 day ticket and be miserable the entire time. I suppose we could always hit Epcot instead. I've just never been to WDW at X-mas and really wanted to hit the MK.

It will be crazy! The park might even be at capacity by then. What I might suggest is just get the 1 day ticket but add the hopper on.:shrug:

cdunbar

It will be crazy! The park might even be at capacity by then. What I might suggest is just get the 1 day ticket but add the hopper on.:shrug:
I think I'd pick another day because I live about 45 min away but want to go over to hang out with some friends for a long weekend and I can't find a room on property, like there is NOTHING...

PhilharMagician

MK will be insane, but will get better in the evening. I would also recommend getting a park hopper. Go to DHS andsee the Osborne lights which should be turned on by 6:00 PM id not earlier in December. You could also go to Epcot and walk World Showplace and see the countries. Finally hit MK about 8:00 PM and close the park. The crowds will be getting lighter as the evening goes on and you will be able to enjoy the decorations and even get in a few rides.

amcjcc

Thanks for all the suggestions! Have a feeling we might do the park hopper option and hit the Osborne display and Epcot. The people I'm going with probably won't tolerate the crowds at MK too well so we'll probably just have to nix that option. Always another year! Thanks again!

Nemo14

Maybe you should go to the MVMCP instead. Tickets are cheaper than a 1-day pass, and you can get into the park at 4 pm. There is one on the 2nd, the 3rd, and the 5th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom