Monorail Accident
Pictures of River Country's recent apperance surface
Spoodles Closes
Starbillias closes
Virgin Megastore closes

__In the News__
CM job cuts
CM passings
Wayne Allwine passes (Voice of Mickey Mouse)
Roy Edward Disney passes

The Magical

Adventureland Veranda photos surface after opening seasonally
Bay Lake Tower
D-23
DAK welcomes two new borns one Elephant and a Giraffe
Disney gives free entry to guests on their Birthday
Disney Discounts (DDP, buy 4, and Salute)
Fantasyland Expansion
Kidani Village
Princess & the Frog (1st of many new animated features is released)
Star Tours II
Tree House Villas at Saratoga Springs

The not so Magical
BAHat gets a new paint job instead of waving goodbye
Fantasmic cancels daily performances
Lights of Winter discontinued
News of Mickey's Toon Town Fair's demise is realized due to the Fantasyland Expansion
Skyway Station gets leveled
Tourguides removed from LWTL & SBLT replaced by audio loop

Well everyone I guess that is the sum up, if you have any additions please add to the list as you wish!
Happy New Year 2010 and Good Luck WDW we all love you!!! :sohappy:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
That's a pretty good summary

Another "good" is all of the discounts/promotions that they offered in 2009. It allowed me to go to 'the world' 3x last year

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
That's a pretty good summary

Another "good" is all of the discounts/promotions that they offered in 2009. It allowed me to go to 'the world' 3x last year

Thank you it was added! If it wasnt for the Disney Salute Discount I probably wouldnt have gone so many times this year. (3 trips for me too!)

WDW Vacationer

Great list! The good outweighs the bad!

One thing-it was Roy Edward Disney who passed. Also,you should add new breezeway paint,railings,and the removal of a cable structure in Innoventions Plaza.

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
Great list! The good outweighs the bad!

One thing-it was Roy Edward Disney who passed. Also,you should add new breezeway paint,railings,and the removal of a cable structure in Innoventions Plaza.

Oops I did it again! Thanks for the info I made the correction.

xtina72

Lights of Winter discontinued
Skyway Station gets leveled

*sigh* Couldnt agree more..

__Epcot__
Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure

We cant wait to do this again, starting at the beginning, we started it in China....my youngest son absolutely loved it.

Lee

Adventurer
Disagreements:
Pirates League - It was better as a gift shop.
__DTD__ - No. Nothing good happened there at all.
Skyway Station gets leveled - Way overdue getting rid of that thing.
Tomorrowland Transit Authority Refurb - Really? That was good?
Space Mountain refurb - On the good list? Uh-uh. Nope. Failure on almost every level.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If you took into consideration what could have happened. If you don't, it's a pretty solid refurb.
I can`t see that. It`s saying the UOE refurb a year ago was solid because we got new carpet when all the work went into the RCS. Space Mountain - the actual ride - got minimal attention show and story wise. It is better than before overall - anyone would agree - but the actual attraction got 1 LED screen, 3 new projectors and a starfield that can`t reach the floor. Whoohoo. The queue has 13 new projectors, the actual ride 3. Somethings wrong somewhere. Solid refurb? No. Much needed ride technical overhaul? Yes.

_Scar

I can`t see that. It`s saying the UOE refurb a year ago was solid because we got new carpet when all the work went into the RCS. Space Mountain - the actual ride - got minimal attention show and story wise. It is better than before overall - anyone would agree - but the actual attraction got 1 LED screen, 3 new projectors and a starfield that can`t reach the floor. Whoohoo. The queue has 13 new projectors, the actual ride 3. Somethings wrong somewhere. Solid refurb? No. Much needed ride technical overhaul? Yes.

The queue now seems much more tolerable, they darkened the ride, changed the post-show with an added green screen not yet implemented, technical issues resolved. So yes, I say solid refurb. Sue me.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The queue now seems much more tolerable, they darkened the ride, changed the post-show with an added green screen not yet implemented, technical issues resolved. So yes, I say solid refurb. Sue me.
Nah, I won`t sue you. I`ll just say easily pleased - just what management want.

Lee

Adventurer
What you have described right there is a solid refurb....of a queue, load and exit.
The ride....no. So little was changed there is no way to call what was done "solid." It's still the weakest Space Mountain of the bunch.
Shame.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom