2009 Dining Plan Change

MousDad

No, nothing mentioned about the DDP, but its a blog article with some speculation - not an official release from Disney. We should know on Sunday.

I've also been selling Disney travel long enough (10 years) to know that they wouldn't give 2 counter service meals and 2 snacks per night to everyone that stays on property as part of the 2009 Magic Your Way Package offerings - that are set in stone for the 2009 calendar year. I can see them doing it as a promotion, like they do with free dining, but not as a standard part of a standard package - just doesn't seem realistic to me.

agreed.

bgraham34

THis is a great option and will be a great addon purchase for many families. I know many families that dont do sit down meals. I am surprised this was not offered earlier in the year if not sooner.

RiversideBunny

January 11, 2009 is a Sunday.
Maybe they are going to let the New Years crowd clear out and then offer this as a promotion during the slower time.

:)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think it will be another option added to the current dinning plans. Right now you have the Disney dining plan which includes 1 snack 1 CS and 1 TS and the deluxe dining plan that has 3 TS meals. This would add a third lower cost option that would include 2 CS meals and a drink mug.

Eyorefan

This is OT, but I don't want to start a whole new thread...

Has anyone on here ever purchased the Delux Dinning plan? We half way considered it earlier this year since we like TS meals, and some of the places we like to go take 2 credits. Still, it seemed like too much. I'm just wondering if its a big seller. :shrug:

no1swfanindy

I think this is a GREAT idea! We have never been interested in any DDP mainly because of the sit down meals. We can't even decide what we want to eat tonight!! let alone try and decide months in advance. The counter service meals are perfectly fine with me. This is truely the ONLY plan offered we would purchase.

WickedQueen22

I love the one sit down one counter version! Without it we would probably eat half our meals standing up!! It helps us try new restaurants....

Well hurry up Sunday!!

MicheleK

This seems to be what the CM at Cosmic Rays was telling me was going to happen soon. I posted it here on the boards two weeks ago and several people said it wouldn't happen.

It seems as though Disney is going to be "giving" this to anyone who books a Magic Your Way room, free of charge, which IMO is pretty cool.

From what the CM was telling me, Disney wants people to not only stay on property but once on property not to use their car to travel anywhere, just park it. It's all part of "being kind to the environment".

I was also at Universal/IoA and we bought the one day dining plan... It was great. $25/day/person all you care to eat at several restarurants. Includes lots of choices and a dessert and you can go up as many times as you want as often as you want. We found it to be WELL worth the money (my husband, myself, my 18 year old boy, and 13 year old daughter). Boy did we get out $100 worth!! We also bought a refillable mug (that we shared) and it worked out just super. Maybe Disney took a page out of Universal's book (but is including it free of charge as long as you book a Magic Your Way stay).

Hotdogs

It is already being advertised here in the uk on Travel Agent websites for 2009 it starts 11th Jan. The price for the quick service dining plan is £18 ($34) adult, £7 ($12) child. Its not a bad option if your always on the move.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It is already being advertised here in the uk on Travel Agent websites for 2009 it starts 11th Jan. The price for the quick service dining plan is £18 ($34) adult, £7 ($12) child. Its not a bad option if your always on the move.
I would have expected a deeper discount than $4 of the current plan. I could see this option being a value at $20-$25 but not $34. Now if included 3 CS meals $34 would be OK .....not great....but do able. Of course who knows that $34 might be based of a soon to be increased DDP.

BillsFanGabe

Yeah we are doing the 2 table service 2 snack plan a day when we go in february, bc we are going only for 3 days at WDW, then we go on the Disney Cruise for a week, (I'd rather be at WDW longer than go on the Cruise, but oh well, that was my mom's choice)

ShazzyBoo

I would have expected a deeper discount than $4 of the current plan. I could see this option being a value at $20-$25 but not $34. Now if included 3 CS meals $34 would be OK .....not great....but do able. Of course who knows that $34 might be based of a soon to be increased DDP.

Your comparing the UK price of the counter service dining plan with the US price of the 'normal' dining plan though. :) As us Brits know only too well they like to add a bit on to all the prices they charge us :cry:

We are charged £25 (about $47.50) for adults and £10 (about $19) for kids (in 2009) for the standard dining plan. So for us its a saving of £7 or just over $13.

I'd still personally go for the normal one, as it seems a bit costly for counter service :shrug:

RiversideBunny

Unless there is a significant price advantage, or it's provided free, most people who use mainly counter service won't buy the new counter service plan. They will just pay as they go.

The math has to work.

We don't get desert with counter service meals but maybe they have it included in the new counter service plan and thus the cost has to be more.
Also the mug.

:)

mikeb1967

NO ADR's Option!

They should call this the NO ADR option, because if you did not make ADR's before you got to WDW and you purchased the DDP, this is the only option you are left with. How many people have purchased the DDP only to find they could not get into hardly any TS restaurants!!! They're only option... get stuck with 2 CS meals.

On a less sarcastic note, this would be a nice option, if it were priced around $25 or less, not likely, though. MikeB

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Your comparing the UK price of the counter service dining plan with the US price of the 'normal' dining plan though. :) As us Brits know only too well they like to add a bit on to all the prices they charge us :cry:

We are charged £25 (about $47.50) for adults and £10 (about $19) for kids (in 2009) for the standard dining plan. So for us its a saving of £7 or just over $13.

I'd still personally go for the normal one, as it seems a bit costly for counter service :shrug:
If they yank $13 off of the existing DDP then I could see it being worth it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom