2009 Dining Plan Change

Computer Magic

Why shoot you, this seems like a nice option. I read this as adding a choice for people that don't want to do table dinning. Unless the price for this is what people are currently paying for the 2008 Dinning Plan

Now the refill mug at Disney resort hotels is interesting. Does this mean the resort you are at or any Disney resort you visit during your stay?

Walt Disney World also is announcing some changes in its Magic Your Way plan, to include Quick Service Dining beginning Jan. 11. Vacationers can get two quick-service meals and two snacks for each night of their stay in a Disney resort hotel, plus a refillable drink mug for unlimited refills of non-alcoholic beverages at Disney resort hotels.

JWG

Yes, based on announced dining changes overseas, it was expected Disney would introduce a quick service version of the current DDP. Likely a way for Disney to escalate the cost of the current DDP while offering a similar priced option that saves Disney money by it not being table service.

I'll be interested to see what the cost is when pricing comes out. I can eat table service for about $10, so $20 a day. I don't typically need breakfast or will get it in my room via cereal, breakfast bar, pop tart, etc. If I'm busy in the parks, less maybe a water, I don't need snacks if I eat lunch and dinner. So, call it $25/day if I buy a water in park. I don't think the plan can be much less than that, so likely not a big cost savings but a convenience factor? Maybe a free snack in the end.

Just Plain Mark

I saw this too and my first thought was that this is further evidence that bookings are down, but I think it could be a good option.

From the blog, I can't tell whether this is an additional cost or if the quick service meals, snack and mug are "free" with the hotel stay.

jjgoo

can't read the blog. The link takes me to old news for all of us, that being that some of the Carribean Beach rooms are being rethemed to Pirates.:shrug:

DisneyJoe

From the blog, I can't tell whether this is an additional cost or if the quick service meals, snack and mug are "free" with the hotel stay.

That would be free dining, and that is not how I am reading this.

I see this as a probable 3rd dining option:

- quick service dining option
- basic dining as we currently have
- deluxe dining as we currently have

Of course, they could modify or eliminate the existing plans....

I'm not going to touch the mug question......LOL

WildLodgeFan

can't read the blog. The link takes me to old news for all of us, that being that some of the Carribean Beach rooms are being rethemed to Pirates.:shrug:

The first half is about the rooms (nice to see the rendering though, I had been looking for one), but the last paragraph talks about the dining.

MousDad

Okay I'm confused. The article doesn't say anything about the DDP. It says Magic Your Way, which is booking room and tickets as a package directly with WDW. The DDP is an add-on to Magic Your Way.

I'm interpreting how the article reads as all resort guests who book Magic Your Way will get 2 meals/drinks/gift card for their stay. Am I reading this wrong?

DisneyJoe

Okay I'm confused. The article doesn't say anything about the DDP. It says Magic Your Way, which is booking room and tickets as a package directly with WDW. The DDP is an add-on to Magic Your Way.

I'm interpreting how the article reads as all resort guests who book Magic Your Way will get 2 meals/drinks/gift card for their stay. Am I reading this wrong?

If its not a MYW add-on, you're probably going to see some big price jumps in room costs!

The way you are reading it, Disney would be giving 2 counter service meals and 2 snacks per person per night, plus a mug, to everyone that books a resort room, every night, for all of 2009.....imagine the lines in food courts and counter service places then - no one would eat table service!

If its not a MYW add-on, you're probably going to see some big price jumps in room costs!

The way you are reading it, Disney would be giving 2 counter service meals and 2 snacks per person per night, plus a mug, to everyone that books a resort room, every night, for all of 2009.....imagine the lines in food courts and counter service places then - no one would eat table service!

So that would make the 2009 promotion the "Year of a Million Calories"? :shrug:

...and as far as the rooms, I thought the pirates themed rooms at CBR were going to be family suites similar to those in size at ASMu. Can anyone confirm this?

MousDad

All I'm doing is reading what the article says. It could be mis-reported. Do you see anything about the DDP in the article?

RiversideBunny

I would love getting free counter service and mugs for staying at a WDW resort.
We eat mostly counter service and food court anyway. We dont' use the regular dining plan.
The regular dining plan involves too much food and too many 'appointments' where you have to be a a certain sit down place at a certain time.

Free counter service is great for those who don't do a lot of table service meals anyway.
Also, sounds like you don't have to worry about what is and what is not a snack since they aren't part of it.

It's basically 'free dining for counter service people'.
Fits right in with how we eat.
Tks.
:)

That would be free dining, and that is not how I am reading this.

I see this as a probable 3rd dining option:

- quick service dining option
- basic dining as we currently have
- deluxe dining as we currently have

Of course, they could modify or eliminate the existing plans....

I'm not going to touch the mug question......LOL

Yes, I would hope this would be the way it would be. The Deluxe is to much for my family. I feel like I would spend the whole day at table service. I hope they make the options as DisneyJoe sees.

RiversideBunny

Seems like there will have to be some adjustment in the regular dining plan also, the one that has a table service and a counter service each day.

If a guest is now to receive two counter service meals for staying at a WDW resort, and that guest also purchases the regular dining plan, then there would be too many meals per day.

Maybe they will adjust the price of the regular dining plan, i.e., make it an upgrade from the two free counter service meals and eliminate the counter service meal in it.

:king:

DisneyJoe

All I'm doing is reading what the article says. It could be mis-reported. Do you see anything about the DDP in the article?

No, nothing mentioned about the DDP, but its a blog article with some speculation - not an official release from Disney. We should know on Sunday.

I've also been selling Disney travel long enough (10 years) to know that they wouldn't give 2 counter service meals and 2 snacks per night to everyone that stays on property as part of the 2009 Magic Your Way Package offerings - that are set in stone for the 2009 calendar year. I can see them doing it as a promotion, like they do with free dining, but not as a standard part of a standard package - just doesn't seem realistic to me.

tigsmom

Walt Disney World also is announcing some changes in its Magic Your Way plan, to include Quick Service Dining beginning Jan. 11. Vacationers can get two quick-service meals and two snacks for each night of their stay in a Disney resort hotel, plus a refillable drink mug for unlimited refills of non-alcoholic beverages at Disney resort hotels.

The way I read it is that those guest buying a Magic My way vacation package will now get 2 CS meals, 2 snacks and a mug as part of the deal. Guest used to get "flex features" ( a free gift from the hotel gift shop) and this seems to be a step in that direction.

It is not tied to the dining plan, but a perk for buying a Disney vacation package.

DisneyJoe

The way I read it is that those guest buying a Magic My way vacation package will now get 2 CS meals, 2 snacks and a mug as part of the deal. Guest used to get "flex features" ( a free gift from the hotel gift shop) and this seems to be a step in that direction.

It is not tied to the dining plan, but a perk for buying a Disney vacation package.

IF it said "WILL GET" instead of "CAN GET" I would agree with you.

CAN GET implies a purchase.

fosse76

I think you people are reading too much into this. Disney will not be offering free dining (outside of their regular free-dining promotion). If you look carefully at the wording, it says "Vacationers can get two quick-service meals and two snacks for each night of their stay in a Disney resort hotel, plus a refillable drink mug for unlimited refills of non-alcoholic beverages at Disney resort hotels." The use of the word can indicates to me that it will remain as an add-on, since only people staying at a Disney resort can get the dining plan anyway. Also, the sentence about the mugs doesn't change the policy. It will still technically be only for the resort you are staying at, but this article is merely generalising by emphasising it cannot be used at the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom