2008 Dining Plan

gram1554

Does anyone know if I am reading the delux dining plan right. You get three meals a day and they can be either table service or counter. I do not like change. I just got used to the other plan.

sbkline

Does anyone know if I am reading the delux dining plan right. You get three meals a day and they can be either table service or counter. I do not like change. I just got used to the other plan.

Yes, that is correct regarding the deluxe dining plan. But if you like the other plan better, you can still get that one as there are now two dining plans available, or three if you count the dining plan with wine option.

But the old dining plan has changed a little. It no longer includes gratuity or appetizer. It costs 37.99, I believe, and includes one table service, one counter service and one snack.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
This is just a reintroduction of what used to be called gold and platinum packages. These were around before the "current" dining plan of 1 sit down, 1 counter, 1 snack.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Yes, you are reading the delux plan right. You can also join two together to use for a '2 credit dining experience'. I too liked the ease of the old plan, especially when dining with large groups. Personally, without the Appt & Tip included I can eat for that same $37.99 or cheaper (on many cases). Personally, I wouldn't want to give up the amount of park time needed for three sit down meals in one day, nor could we eat that much food, even without aptzrs.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

This is just a reintroduction of what used to be called gold and platinum packages. These were around before the "current" dining plan of 1 sit down, 1 counter, 1 snack.

Actually, they still have the Premium and Platinum packages available, which include a lot of food AND recreation and tours too - these are almost never discounted.

The current basic Dining plan more closely resembles the old Silver plan, except without the recreation; and the Deluxe option would be close to the Gold plan, again, minus the recreation.

Here are the available MYW packages and options:

- basic MYW plan, no options
- MYW with basic dining plan, with optional wine package
- MYW with deluxe dining plan, with optional wine package
- MYW Premium plan
- MYW Platinum plan

-Joe

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

The way I figure it ...with the Deluxe plan giving you 3 Table Service per day I would utiliize 1TS for Breakfast and use 2TS for signature dining every night. It really could work nicely if you like to have a bit of an upscale dinner. We have no children so it may be a nice and certainly different experience.

Upvote 0

fredtom

The way I figure it ...with the Deluxe plan giving you 3 Table Service per day I would utiliize 1TS for Breakfast and use 2TS for signature dining every night. It really could work nicely if you like to have a bit of an upscale dinner. We have no children so it may be a nice and certainly different experience.

I think my wife and I will upgrade to the Deluxe plan next year for that same reason. We'll probably use one credit for breakfast or lunch, then double up for signature dining in the evening. It will also give us the chance to use a table service credit instead of counter service and return to some of our favorite luncheon spots like Chefs de France, Mama Melrose, Tony's Town Square, Sci-Fi Dine In and 50's Prime Time.

Best wishes to the newlyweds. :)

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

I think my wife and I will upgrade to the Deluxe plan next year for that same reason. We'll probably use one credit for breakfast or lunch, then double up for signature dining in the evening. It will also give us the chance to use a table service credit instead of counter service and return to some of our favorite luncheon spots like Chefs de France, Mama Melrose, Tony's Town Square, Sci-Fi Dine In and 50's Prime Time.

Best wishes to the newlyweds. :)

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

Thanks so much for your kind wishes!

IMHO I think the deluxe plan may work even better for Adults traveling without children.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom