2006 NBA Finals

Shaman

Go Mavs? :lookaroun

:lol:

I still think the Heat have a chance. So being the true fan that I am...I'm going down with ship (IF that ends up being the case). Would be real nice to see Wade win a ring...

GO HEAT!

ISTCPilot1989

Hey I know its off the basketball topic, but would anyone here like to join the WDWMagic Fantasy Football League. If so, please check the thread title about the Fantasy Football League.

pixiegal

ISTCPilot1989 said:
The Pistons never looked like they did last year. They should have never gotten rid of Larry Brown. Good move by the heat to push off a cliff, i mean make Stan Van Gundy resign.

Larry Brown made that team what it was. Maybe he can work his mojo with the Nets?

pixiegal

dxwwf3 said:
I'm a huge Mark Cuban fan (easily the best owner in Sports) and as a Magic fan I really want to see Darrell Armstrong win a championship AND I don't want to see Shaq win anything else. So with that said, I'm very pleased with the results so far :)

I *love* how hungry and well the mavs are playing! I'm with you on Shaq. He deserted the Lakers and blamed everything on Kobe when he never showed up to play. He isn't even 1/3 the player he could have been without the ego and temper-tantrums.

JAY-ROD

pixiegal said:
I *love* how hungry and well the mavs are playing! I'm with you on Shaq. He deserted the Lakers and blamed everything on Kobe when he never showed up to play. He isn't even 1/3 the player he could have been without the ego and temper-tantrums.

I dont think that he deserted the team by know means. Kobe is all about kobe. You see where Kobe is without the big man, Fishing while the big man is in the finals again

pixiegal

JAY-ROD said:
I dont think that he deserted the team by know means. Kobe is all about kobe. You see where Kobe is without the big man, Fishing while the big man is in the finals again

Well, I'd have to disagree about that. Shaq high-tailed it out of LA when the tough got going. He decided that he wanted to leave when it was obvious that the club wasn't going to cater to his off/on desire to play. His unwillingness to dressout and even his refusal to get into shape and practice with the rest of the team. Kobe *can* be all about Kobe but he is a team player. When it comes down to it he passed the ball and got the other players involved. Lakers are in transition. Kobe had the chance *twice* to bug out like Shaq did and he opted to stay in LA.

I also have to say looking at Shaq's stats compared to Kobe I don't think you can say that Shaq got the heat to the finals nor has he performed in the finals. You have to credit D. Wade for that along with Mo and a few others. Kobe got the Lakers to the finals, showed up for the finals and the team he had behind him wasn't of the wade/mourning caliber if you take a hard look at them they are younger and don't have playoff experience. That does make a difference. Shaq is definately NOT the kind of player he very well *could* have been if he hadn't let his ego get in the way. I was a Shaq fan since his days with the Magic. I've just been really disappointed in his offcourt attitude and his oncourt performance since about a year or so before he left the Lakers.

But, that's just my opinion.

Shaman

pixiegal said:
Well, I'd have to disagree about that. Shaq high-tailed it out of LA when the tough got going. He decided that he wanted to leave when it was obvious that the club wasn't going to cater to his off/on desire to play. His unwillingness to dressout and even his refusal to get into shape and practice with the rest of the team. Kobe *can* be all about Kobe but he is a team player. When it comes down to it he passed the ball and got the other players involved. Lakers are in transition. Kobe had the chance *twice* to bug out like Shaq did and he opted to stay in LA.

I also have to say looking at Shaq's stats compared to Kobe I don't think you can say that Shaq got the heat to the finals nor has he performed in the finals. You have to credit D. Wade for that along with Mo and a few others. Kobe got the Lakers to the finals, showed up for the finals and the team he had behind him wasn't of the wade/mourning caliber if you take a hard look at them they are younger and don't have playoff experience. That does make a difference. Shaq is definately NOT the kind of player he very well *could* have been if he hadn't let his ego get in the way. I was a Shaq fan since his days with the Magic. I've just been really disappointed in his offcourt attitude and his oncourt performance since about a year or so before he left the Lakers.

If you did a poll I think you would fine that Shaq is much more popular with fans than Kobe...exactly for his offcourt attitude, performance and behavior.

In my opinion, Shaq is a major reason the Heat are in the Finals....and a major reason why the Heat were in the playoffs and just minutes away from the finals LAST SEASON as well...

pixiegal

Shaman said:
If you did a poll I think you would fine that Shaq is much more popular with fans than Kobe...exactly for his offcourt attitude, performance and behavior.

In my opinion, Shaq is a major reason the Heat are in the Finals....and a major reason why the Heat were in the playoffs and just minutes away from the finals LAST SEASON as well...

Aha...but polls and stats are two entirely different things. ;) And, if you look at the *stats* they will tell you a different story.

Opinions are just that...opinions. My opinion is that Shaq has disappointed me and my expectations of him as a player and as a NBA figure. But, then most NBA players that I have liked on court have done that. So...I get what you are sayin'. I just like players who lay it on the line and own up to their own mistakes instead of whining to the press about not getting this call or getting what they wanted out of other players. But I still think he is cute. :D

Shaman

pixiegal said:
Aha...but polls and stats are two entirely different things. ;) And, if you look at the *stats* they will tell you a different story.

Opinions are just that...opinions. My opinion is that Shaq has disappointed me and my expectations of him as a player and as a NBA figure. But, then most NBA players that I have liked on court have done that. So...I get what you are sayin'. I just like players who lay it on the line and own up to their own mistakes instead of whining to the press about not getting this call or getting what they wanted out of other players. But I still think he is cute. :D

Kobe is the Lakers.
Shaq has a supporting cast...and a co-star in Wade...I said Shaq was a major reason the Heat are in the finals and made the playoffs last year NOT THE ONLY REASON.
So stats mean nothing....two different positions, two different situations.

But opinions....:)

pixiegal

Shaman said:
Kobe is the Lakers.
Shaq has a supporting cast...and a co-star in Wade...I said Shaq was a major reason the Heat are in the finals and made the playoffs last year NOT THE ONLY REASON.
So stats mean nothing....two different positions, two different situations.

But opinions....:)

:kiss::cool:;):D

JAY-ROD

pixiegal said:

I dont call it high tailing. Kobe is all about kobe. Shaq wants to win and kobe is all about himself. Thats why Shaq left so he could get on a winning team not a selfous one. As far as Shaq Stats. You cant do a whole lot when u get doubled team. Yes he is getting older and he will never be the big Stat guy. That D wade job now

ISTCPilot1989

JAY-ROD said:
I dont call it high tailing. Kobe is all about kobe. Shaq wants to win and kobe is all about himself. Thats why Shaq left so he could get on a winning team not a selfous one. As far as Shaq Stats. You cant do a whole lot when u get doubled team. Yes he is getting older and he will never be the big Stat guy. That D wade job now

You are right about D-Wade being the big stats guy for the Heat. I mean he scored 42 points in Game 3. I believe he is the first to score 40 points in a game since Shaq did it with the Lakers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom