2005 IOA and UF

NemoRocks78

Seized
- Announcement and/or opening of replacement for The Wild Wild Wild West Stunt Show
- Announcement of the new IoA attraction

That's what I think will happen....

speck76

No new rides will open, unless they are off-the-shelf, as nothing is currently being constructed.

Most FL parks operate on a 2-3 year capital expansion timetable, opening major attractions every 2-3 years. Since Universal just added some major attractions to the studios, the only thing I could seethem doing in the next year or two is reopening shows in the Wld West arena and maybe inthe old Murder She Wrote/Herc&Zena theater, to add capacity if attendance improves by leaps and bounds.

IOA may announce something this year, as they have had no MAJOR additions since opening, but I would not think it could opening prior to 2006, at the very earliest.

IOA, not having great attendance since opening, and much of the attendance coming from locals/FL residents, is still "unknown and new" to the majority of Orlando visitors, although (since I am a local) I would love to see a new ride, it is not yet needed for their typical guests.

stingrock23

There's no way IOA could complete something before 2005 is up, but hopefully they'll announce something for 2006. IOA needs a new attraction badly, hopefully something in Jurassic Park.

Legacy

Expect announcement on Jurassic Park attraction to open in late 2006 or early 2007. Construction on the second Shrek 4-D theater will occur during the Spring (late Feburary to early March and will hopefully be completed by the time summer crowds start pouring in. With the opening of Mummy last year, don't expect too much on the Studios side. I haven't heard anything about a show replacement... and I don't expect anything in Sound Stage 54, because of it's use in HHN. No construction is taking place currently on property... but the cornfield is GONE. They have the trees up, but everything else has been removed.

(I know that's random, but I was backstage last week and saw it. Thought it was rather amusing.)

Lynx04

hawkkid011790 said:
I just think for some reason the 4 resort will be announced this year too
I have the same feeling that the 4th Resort will be announced. I remember reading somewhere that Universal was trying to extend their credit limit by 500 million dollars, if that is true, obviously that type of money if for some type of larger expansion. Since new theme park is the less plausable, I would think a new resort would be the most. After all they do need more rooms, to push the guest to room ratio up.

Legacy

hawkkid011790 said:
Is the replacment of WWW to Fear factor confirmed?
Nope, and don't expect it. The rumor most likely got confused with the filming that is taking place this month. A stage version would be WAY too difficult attempt.

HorizonsMan

Legacy said:
Nope, and don't expect it. The rumor most likely got confused with the filming that is taking place this month. A stage version would be WAY too difficult attempt.

Dont say no too quickly, thats all i am allowed to say. :drevil:

AndyP

I'm glad they're expanding Shrek, the wait times there weren't justified. But I don't understand why they release the show on 3D DVD, and then expand. But I'm not complaining!

Legacy

HorizonsMan said:
Dont say no too quickly, thats all i am allowed to say. :drevil:
Act like you are "in the know" all you want. The Fear Factor show rumor reeks of b.s. There is too much liability involved with using actual guests, nad using stuntpeople will KILL the survival of the show. Universal would be better suited to putting in WaterWorld.

Testtrack321

The all-somewhat-knowing-depending-on-who's-submiting Screamscape says there is a press conference scheduled on the 10th of Janurary and they have invited ACE Florida to it. Could this FINALLY be that new coaster?

HorizonsMan

Legacy said:
Act like you are "in the know" all you want. The Fear Factor show rumor reeks of b.s. There is too much liability involved with using actual guests, nad using stuntpeople will KILL the survival of the show. Universal would be better suited to putting in WaterWorld.

Legacy i have been in teh entertainment dept of universal for over a year now, there have been certain changes to our backstage procedures as well as managers and higher ups telling us at meetings what is possibly planned, i am not in "the know" however i do know what is happening so far, however i liek teh current job i have so im not divulging any secrets, got it, thanks now go back to your corner, if you have an issue with me come and see me, ill be glad to discuss it with you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom