2005 IOA and UF

Legacy

HorizonsMan said:
Legacy i have been in teh entertainment dept of universal for over a year now, there have been certain changes to our backstage procedures as well as managers and higher ups telling us at meetings what is possibly planned, i am not in "the know" however i do know what is happening so far, however i liek teh current job i have so im not divulging any secrets, got it, thanks now go back to your corner, if you have an issue with me come and see me, ill be glad to discuss it with you.
Sorry, but being in entertainment over a year doesn't mean you know anything. Proceedures have been changing at Universal for the past couple of years, especially in the entertainment department. If you know something, then you can't say "I know something but can't tell you" without coming across as an annoying attention-grabber. You can't say anything, don't allude to it. I know too many people who work at Universal right now to put up with someone acting like they know everything.

CTXRover

Testtrack321 said:
The all-somewhat-knowing-depending-on-who's-submiting Screamscape says there is a press conference scheduled on the 10th of Janurary and they have invited ACE Florida to it. Could this FINALLY be that new coaster?

No, at least I don't believe so. According to the ACE site, it isn't exactly a "press conference" but rather local Channel 6 news will be interviewing some folks from the ACE Florida for a news segment to be shown on their evening news. What the interview is about is anyone's guess right now, but it seems like they are simply using the Hulk coaster at IOA as the setting for the interview.

I'm not too sure about what will happen in 2005 at UO. NBC-Universal parent GE still hasn't made too many clues as how they will invest, if much at all, into the theme park division.

I'd put some faith in the Shrek expansion rumor as it sounds logical given the current show's capacity is very low creating much longer lines than are necessary and they only used about half of the former Hitchcock showbuilding for the Shrek show.

If anything new is added though, it would have to be at IOA which hasn't seen any major new addition since the park opened over 5 years ago. But I'm just don't seem to be hearing ANY real, solid rumors concerning rides for IOA at this point. Things come up from time to time, but nothing indicating anything serious right now which has me wondering. If anything is announced, I'm personally not expecting it until at least early summer to later this year...but obviously I could be wrong.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Legacy said:
Sorry, but being in entertainment over a year doesn't mean you know anything. Proceedures have been changing at Universal for the past couple of years, especially in the entertainment department. If you know something, then you can't say "I know something but can't tell you" without coming across as an annoying attention-grabber. You can't say anything, don't allude to it. I know too many people who work at Universal right now to put up with someone acting like they know everything.
Jeff....found this bit of info at IOACentral. It's supposedly from the Studio Insider (what I'm guessing is an employee newsletter)....

"As you may have noticed, construction has begun in the Castle Theater. It's being prepped for a hot new project that we guarantee will take live enterainment to a whole new level! Our guests will be a part of an all new show based on an NBC reality TV phenomenon. They'll stare fear in the eye with extreme sunts that will test them physically and mentally. We'll be sharing more details soon, so keep reading the Studio Insider to get the full scoop!"

Sounds like Fear Factor to me.....and I would think that they would do it at both parks since they both have empty theaters.

Legacy

NemoRocks said:
Jeff....found this bit of info at IOACentral. It's supposedly from the Studio Insider (what I'm guessing is an employee newsletter)....

"As you may have noticed, construction has begun in the Castle Theater. It's being prepped for a hot new project that we guarantee will take live enterainment to a whole new level! Our guests will be a part of an all new show based on an NBC reality TV phenomenon. They'll stare fear in the eye with extreme sunts that will test them physically and mentally. We'll be sharing more details soon, so keep reading the Studio Insider to get the full scoop!"

Sounds like Fear Factor to me.....and I would think that they would do it at both parks since they both have empty theaters.
I stand corrected then (although I still don't like it...).

(Why... oh WHY... do I sense a major flop in the making?...)

hawkkid011790

Original Poster
(Why... oh WHY... do I sense a major flop in the making?...)
-Legacy

Agreed, if its not done right but what i wonder is how will they do stunts with the guest risks involved? or at least kept saftey in mind and still be entertaining?

HorizonsMan

all i wish is that people wouldnt shrug me of when they dont want something to happen, or believe that other people couldnt be right, sorry i had to say it

Legacy

HorizonsMan said:
all i wish is that people wouldnt shrug me of when they dont want something to happen, or believe that other people couldnt be right, sorry i had to say it
How hard would it be to provide proof? The Insider isn't exactly sacred from the outside world. Universal knows it's going to hit the net either way. I was wrong, and I'll admit it. But you didn't prove yourself correct, someone else did. If you don't prove it, you don't earn anything from it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom