20 years of Splash Mountain

bubbles1812

In about two years that "record" will end, with the completion of the mine car rollercoaster in New Fantasyland...
The mine cart ride is not an E ticket. As COProgressFan stated, it'll probably be fun but it's certainly not an E ticket ride. Disney may sell it that way and it might even have "E ticket theming" on the outside of it, but again, not an E ticket. The ride will be short and the show scenes have been cut to a minimum. It probably is a step above Barnstormer but that doesnt make it an E ticket.

God forbid we do one thread without a dig at Disney. Good lord some of you people are bitter.
He may be bitter (I have really no idea) but what he says is still the truth. Disney has gone that long without adding an E ticket ride and it looks like it will continue that way in at least the near future unless they decide to "unshrink" what they "shrunk" about 7DMT

That being said... Happy Birthday Splash! You're one of my favorite rides and I wish you the refurb you so very much need and deserve in the near future before all your AAs breakdown completely.

GeneralKnowledge

Original Poster
God forbid we do one thread without a dig at Disney. Good lord some of you people are bitter.

I'm not really one of those die hard Disney is really slacking kind of people but come on. This is one of the most blatant examples of how TDO is coasting as long as they can without investing in the park. In the theme park industry going for two decades without an e ticket quality addition is absurd, let alone doing that while maintaining the title of most visited park in the world.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It would be nice if they retheme Splash to something more modern such as a Pixar film. Wall-E World: The Dead Planet.

Blasphemy!!!! Splash is my favorite ride broken AAs or not. I hope it gets a refurb like BTMRR just got. It looks great. Maybe once they open more of FL they could close Splash for an extended refurb. I just hope it is not over 1 of my trips.

Tom

Beta Return
It would be nice if they retheme Splash to something more modern such as a Pixar film. Wall-E World: The Dead Planet.

When does school get back into session in your neck of the woods? Do we have to wait all the way until the end of August for this to end?

On topic....I too feel old. I have a photograph we took of the construction while standing in line for BTMR. I must have been 11 or so. Seems like yesterday. Sigh.

Clever Name

It seems that if you don't think in lockstep with certain other people then you label them a troll. Sorry for thinking outside your box.

hollywoodj

Have they permanently turned off the water cannons from the main drop? You could get SOAKED from those, right when the ride started.

I haven't seen those working in a long time, unfortunately. :( Nowadays, I rarely get more than a "good misting" on Splash.

In all seriousness, I think we can agree Splash needs some serious work. However, being the only real water ride at the park, it would be horrible if it were closed in the most visited summer months. Most first time visitors would be all over guest relations; I'm sure it would be a nightmare. So I'm hoping they finally close it down in or around the Christmas season.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I haven't seen those working in a long time, unfortunately. :( Nowadays, I rarely get more than a "good misting" on Splash.

I have to be honest - I was glad to see those cannons gone..... I don't mind getting wet, but those water cannons RIGHT at the beginning of the ride? Not the best idea in the world --- especially when you've got a whole bunch of air conditioned parts of the ride to go through??? Brrrr...... The getting wet should be the pay off at the end of the ride. Then you can dry off in the Florida sun or after a couple rips on BTMR.

ANYWAY Splash is one of favorites if not the...and it does need some loving so here's hoping it'll get a refurb for it's birthday!

Clever Name

In all seriousness, I think we can agree Splash needs some serious work. However, being the only real water ride at the park, it would be horrible if it were closed in the most visited summer months. Most first time visitors would be all over guest relations; I'm sure it would be a nightmare. So I'm hoping they finally close it down in or around the Christmas season.
They can change the direction and the amount of water from the cannons on a random basis if they desire. I've seen days when only a few get soaked while on other days everyone gets soaked. Other days, as you said, only a "good misting" happens.

hollywoodj

I also wish that the bridge in front of the main drop would get more of a splash. I haven't seen it get drenched in a long time...

RSoxNo1

I remember the first day I went to MK when it was open it was rainy and probably in the high 40s, low 50s. We rode Splash Mountain 7 times that day and 16 times on that trip.

The Empress Lilly

I'll do bitter. :cool:

I still resent Splash for breaking the theme and placemaking of Frontierland. FL is inhabited by humans, not cartoons*. It is the West, not the South.

Splash should've been made the headline of a new land, together with Pooh! Then we'd still have Toad, plus hope of something WRE in FL, plus thematic integrity.

* Well dead cartoons, most of them move less than a possum playing dead.

Clever Name

I'll do bitter. :cool:

I still resent Splash for breaking the theme and placemaking of Frontierland. FL is inhabited by humans, not cartoons*. It is the West, not the South.

Splash should've been made the headline of a new land, together with Pooh! Then we'd still have Toad, plus hope of something WRE in FL, plus thematic integrity.

* Well dead cartoons, most of them move less than a possum playing dead.
I didn't like that they moved the train station, but I got over it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom