20,000 Leagues...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I wasn't going to WDW in the 90's so I can't attest to whether it had lines... I do know that in the past years that we do DL that Mr. Toad always has had a line. And I agree most people probably never saw the movie, frankly when I finally saw the movie I wasn't impressed by it, but for some reason people on the west coast still seem to enjoy the ride... And it seems WDW rarely ever spends money to redo any ride whether it eats people or not, the bulk of their redo's seem to be with changing queues or exit to insure guest end up in merchandise shops.
You really can't compare WDW and DL. The guest demographics are just too different. Also if you look at the attendance now and 20 years ago when Toad closed the parks are so much more crowded now that pretty much any attraction in MK would have a line.

As to the crowds when Toad was open, just look at the videos online. With the exception of the ones filmed in 98, one thing you won't see is a line more than a few people deep.

Last edited:

Dragonman

Original Poster
According to 20kride.com the following items survived the demolition..

2 seahorses
1 fish
1 animatronic shark
Parts from one of the divers
The head of one of the sea serpents
1 of the giant squids

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of so far

caseybrn

I miss all Disney rides ad/or attractions that focus on the live action Disney films of yesterday 20,000, Swiss Family Robinson, Johnny Tremain....

I want some Darby O'Gill and the Little People, Pollyanna - gy Dog or even go TV and get me some Zorro or Swamp Fox tastes

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom