20,000 LEAGUES

copcarguyp71

This pic is not too bad...
AHLB4984.jpg

lazyboy97o

Best guess I have is mine train is the water area that you would see of 20k and the show building area was around where mermaid is now. Would like to see someone do an aerial map overlay of the them though.
Time Machine on Google Earth probably goes back far enough to where you can see the lagoon.

Gullywhumper

Whenever I asked my parents about this ride, they told me it was very fake because if you looked up you could see you weren't really "under water".

DisneyDaver

I never liked this ride as a kid. Very long waits due to low capacity and lengthy boarding. Plus, as mentioned before, everything looked fake. This is one ride that I was not sorry to see go.

KimAnnFran

Remember the 20,000 league under the sea. I thought this was a good ride for DISNEY. It gave everyone the impression of actually being on a sub under the sea. This ride was located where the speedway is now. You even had the feeling of actually being under water because the subs leaked a little. I say bring back the subs I think people might like this type ride especially with the improved special effects that are available to Disney. What do you think?

This ride terrified me as a child. I was always scared that if it broke down we would have to swim out with the underwater animatrons!

barkerbird

I wish they would bring back 20,000 Leagues as well! In case you all didn't know, The Little Mermaid attraction has a nice homage of the Nautilus in the queue!
image.jpeg

Tom

Beta Return
It's nice to see that the roofs of the show buildings are a lovely shade of grey. Disney must have wanted to look good for Google Earth.

What do you expect them to do? Grey is an energy efficient color for EPDM and TPO roofing. And doesn't show dirt and mildew as badly as white, which means they actually are trying to look better from overhead a bit.

But any theming of roofs would be a waste of money.

Bairstow

What do you expect them to do? Grey is an energy efficient color for EPDM and TPO roofing. And doesn't show dirt and mildew as badly as white, which means they actually are trying to look better from overhead a bit.

Walt Disney's film studios did have some firsthand experience with this, though.

World_Showcase_Lover007

I think you are reading way too much into my previous statement. I expect them to paint the roofs grey as it is a lovely color, and it looks good...hence the comment "Disney must have wanted to look good for Google Earth."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom