20,000 Leagues Under the Sea question

wild01ride

I can't say that there is a specific "in-building" part of the attraction as you may be alleging. The entire ride took place in the large lagoon. There is certainly an area where the subs passed under the cave-like area, but there is no area that has been drained apart from the rest of the lagoon.

MicBat

Originally posted by wild01ride
I can't say that there is a specific "in-building" part of the attraction as you may be alleging. The entire ride took place in the large lagoon. There is certainly an area where the subs passed under the cave-like area, but there is no area that has been drained apart from the rest of the lagoon.

Actually... the subs would enter the building where the waterfall/rock structure was... There's a picture of the building behind the rocks somewhere on this site...

Lee

Adventurer
The more I look at some photos, the more I miss this ride being there. At the very least, they should park one Nautilus in the lagoon and light it up, just for looks.

VacationMan

If I remember right, after they closed, there was at least one, if not two left in the loading bays by the attraction.... for at least a decent amount of time after closing.... Then again, maybe its the cobwebs just playing tricks on me:confused:

wild01ride

My point is that the entire ride takes place in one big lagoon.

Although the subs "enter" a structure/enclosure at one point, they do not travel from one tank into another (One that would drain seperately from the main lagoon)

WDW1971

I have found Real Video of the 20,000 Leagues ride at http://198.65.141.39/mk/fantasy/index.html. This is the "Digital Disney" website. Their address is www.digital-disney.com, but for some reason it doesn't work. You have ot use the http://198.65.141.39 DNS address. The video starts with an overhead shot from the also-closed cable cars and then moves to inside a sub looking out of a porthole. I've yet to watch the entire video (it's just a shade under 10 minutes long), though.

EchoOfOphelia

Original Poster
WDW1971, that website is great! Thanks for posting it!
I have to watch them at home though... can't risk turning up the sound at work :D hehe I'm in my own office, but the walls are thin

WDW1971

Originally posted by EchoOfOphelia
WDW1971, that website is great! Thanks for posting it!
I have to watch them at home though... can't risk turning up the sound at work :D hehe I'm in my own office, but the walls are thin

That's the reason I didn't watch the whole thing. I'm at work, too. But you can save the .rm file and watch it whenever you want at home. I plan to do that!

WDWFanatic

When i was on the backstage magic tour a few years back, they took us past that scrap area and where they do all the transportation repairs. Are guests able to drive back there? I didnt think so.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Corrus
Da Comrade.. toisk tu brie de Moskwa...

Naztrovia...!!!

Ich spreche nicht Russen, meinen lieben Kameraden. :lol:

Briar Rose

I am sad to say that I wasn't able to go to the Magic Kingdom while 20.000 Leagues Under the Sea was operating, but I know people who were and they tell me that the old queue is now the site of the Character Festival. Don't know if that helps...:veryconfu

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Originally posted by ArchiDanDisney
L'anglais si'vous plait!

Would you like me to speak in proper English?

or wouldja like some 'Merkin

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom