20,000 Leagues Under the Sea question

wild01ride

I can't say that there is a specific "in-building" part of the attraction as you may be alleging. The entire ride took place in the large lagoon. There is certainly an area where the subs passed under the cave-like area, but there is no area that has been drained apart from the rest of the lagoon.

MicBat

Originally posted by wild01ride
I can't say that there is a specific "in-building" part of the attraction as you may be alleging. The entire ride took place in the large lagoon. There is certainly an area where the subs passed under the cave-like area, but there is no area that has been drained apart from the rest of the lagoon.

Actually... the subs would enter the building where the waterfall/rock structure was... There's a picture of the building behind the rocks somewhere on this site...

Lee

Adventurer
The more I look at some photos, the more I miss this ride being there. At the very least, they should park one Nautilus in the lagoon and light it up, just for looks.

VacationMan

If I remember right, after they closed, there was at least one, if not two left in the loading bays by the attraction.... for at least a decent amount of time after closing.... Then again, maybe its the cobwebs just playing tricks on me:confused:

wild01ride

My point is that the entire ride takes place in one big lagoon.

Although the subs "enter" a structure/enclosure at one point, they do not travel from one tank into another (One that would drain seperately from the main lagoon)

WDW1971

I have found Real Video of the 20,000 Leagues ride at http://198.65.141.39/mk/fantasy/index.html. This is the "Digital Disney" website. Their address is www.digital-disney.com, but for some reason it doesn't work. You have ot use the http://198.65.141.39 DNS address. The video starts with an overhead shot from the also-closed cable cars and then moves to inside a sub looking out of a porthole. I've yet to watch the entire video (it's just a shade under 10 minutes long), though.

EchoOfOphelia

Original Poster
WDW1971, that website is great! Thanks for posting it!
I have to watch them at home though... can't risk turning up the sound at work :D hehe I'm in my own office, but the walls are thin

WDW1971

Originally posted by EchoOfOphelia
WDW1971, that website is great! Thanks for posting it!
I have to watch them at home though... can't risk turning up the sound at work :D hehe I'm in my own office, but the walls are thin

That's the reason I didn't watch the whole thing. I'm at work, too. But you can save the .rm file and watch it whenever you want at home. I plan to do that!

WDWFanatic

When i was on the backstage magic tour a few years back, they took us past that scrap area and where they do all the transportation repairs. Are guests able to drive back there? I didnt think so.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Corrus
Da Comrade.. toisk tu brie de Moskwa...

Naztrovia...!!!

Ich spreche nicht Russen, meinen lieben Kameraden. :lol:

Briar Rose

I am sad to say that I wasn't able to go to the Magic Kingdom while 20.000 Leagues Under the Sea was operating, but I know people who were and they tell me that the old queue is now the site of the Character Festival. Don't know if that helps...:veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom