20,000 Leagues Under the Sea question

Sketch105

While we're on the subject of props from dead attractions, heres the serpent from World of Motion currently residing at Disney's California Adventure

Sketch105

sorry.. heres the picture

Attachments

• womserpent4.jpg
    womserpent4.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 227

niteobsrvr

When I was at Disney in early Novermber, I checked up on those subs in the graveyard. They were no longer there. Maybe they finally made it to the scrap heap.

StarMichael

Originally posted by imagineergurl
didnt some of the stuff go to the nemo ride in dlp?

There is no actual Nemo ride in DLP. It´s a walktrough attraction and the visible Nautilus in the lagoon is made out of concrete. It´s at least twice the size of the vehicles of 20000 Leagues

VacationMan

What a Shame it was to see the ride go. This also was one of my Favorite Attractions as a Child. Luckly enough I was able to get off a quick Picture the summer before the attraction closed (AFAIR) . Ektar 25 ASA. My Avatar is the picture... I can't seem to ge tthe Resolution down to upload it..... Anyone wants a copy (up to a 4MB Tiff... or a 250K .jpg) , just email
4 days till our next trip.

Bill

freaklarm

Originally posted by niteobsrvr
When I was at Disney in early Novermber, I checked up on those subs in the graveyard. They were no longer there. Maybe they finally made it to the scrap heap.

Just a question, How where you able to get into that restricted access area where only authorized cast members (transportation, imagineerings, shops, costuming...) can get in?? Just wondering it would be cool if I could do it also.

wild01ride

However he got there, he must have had a pretty tall ladder when he got there. Those nautili are probably, what, like 35/40 feet long and there are a decent handfull of them in the picture. In other words, the picture was definitely taken from the air, in which case it would be imperative to take to the skies to experience a similar view of the graveyard.

To further the Mission:Impossible experience, I believe that the lower flight levels are restricted over WDW. Maybe someone (CM and/or pilot) can confirm???

Mission: SPACE

Originally posted by mickeyfanatics
Funny, I was just at Castaway Cay two weeks ago and the sub was no longer in the snorkel lagoon. I was wondering where it went because it was there 2 years ago.

Interesting... it was there last July... BTW... I was there back on May 20 2001 or so, and at that time, they had just finished installing it... One of the crew members told me we were the first cruise to see it in place! WOOHOO!!! But that was back when you could climb on top of it... maybe that's why they took it out, because of people crossing the bouys? I know a LOT of people did last July (I did too! Oh well!)

jaylenofan86

Originally posted by wild01ride
To further the Mission:Impossible experience, I believe that the lower flight levels are restricted over WDW. Maybe someone (CM and/or pilot) can confirm???
Nope, just the usual 1,000 feet above the highest obstacle.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by fngoofy
Actually the subs are in a grave yard over by the contemporary. I have seen an aerial picture of them all lined up.

that's an old OLD picture. I've been back there, and they haven't been there in a few years

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by freaklarm
Just a question, How where you able to get into that restricted access area where only authorized cast members (transportation, imagineerings, shops, costuming...) can get in?? Just wondering it would be cool if I could do it also.

they weren't in a restricted area. they were in Pluto Park, which is the MK Office and Techical cast lot. They were in the back corner.

btw- de donde en Puerto Rico eres tu? Yo soy de San Juan

Drebel

Are there any places where I can grab a video for the 20k attraction, I never went on it. :(

MkTiggerman also from PR.

Same area here :)

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by Drebel
MkTiggerman also from PR.

Same area here :)

donde en San Juan? Ahora vivo en Orlando, per todavia mantengo mi casa en Condado

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by Drebel
vivo en el area de rio piedras. wow nunca me imagine que tu fueras de puerto rico.

-Drebel

soy blanco, pero no americano.:lol:

Rooster

Originally posted by VacationMan
What a Shame it was to see the ride go. This also was one of my Favorite Attractions as a Child. Luckly enough I was able to get off a quick Picture the summer before the attraction closed (AFAIR) . Ektar 25 ASA. My Avatar is the picture... I can't seem to ge tthe Resolution down to upload it..... Anyone wants a copy (up to a 4MB Tiff... or a 250K .jpg) , just email
4 days till our next trip.

Bill
Nice avatar:)

EchoOfOphelia

Original Poster
The main part of my question still hasn't been answered, can anyone help? It would probably take the knowledge of a CM to answer this.

What is the building that housed the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea ride being used for now?

I doubt that the animatronics and scenery, etc.. it is still underwater if they are still housed in that building, but the in-building portion may have been drained. I am simply curious about this, I have no idea why.

Can any CM's help!!!!????

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom