2 part POR room question

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi all!

After several changes, DH and I finally settled that we modified our Sept vacation from Poly to POR. We don't have the exact room we want yet, but at least we got the POR now. We are hoping for a Royal Room to become available.

Where are the Royal Rooms located at POR?

If we don't get a Royal Room, any suggestions on which building/location is best for POR?

Thank you!
:wave:

real mad hatter

Pors.

Hi all!

After several changes, DH and I finally settled that we modified our Sept vacation from Poly to POR. We don't have the exact room we want yet, but at least we got the POR now. We are hoping for a Royal Room to become available.

Where are the Royal Rooms located at POR?

If we don't get a Royal Room, any suggestions on which building/location is best for POR?

Thank you!
Royal rooms are Oak Manor & Parterre Place. Magnolia bend is good,cannot mention about AB section,always stayed in mansion blds.:wave:

Upvote 0

tarjaybuff

Doesn't matter . . .

:ROFLOL:The entire resort is amazing. Our first visit we stayed in AB, and going back to AB in Sept. I prefer the grounds on that side with the overgrown foliage. You also get a nice view of the mansions that are across the water.

Bottom line is . . . which ever side you choose I am sure you will not be disappointed.:wave:

Upvote 0

onesandzeros

Mad Hatter is correct regarding the location of the Royal Rooms. I just returned from a March trip and the Parterre Place section was closed for refurb. From what I could see, from peeking in the windows, it looked like they were close to completion. An FYI … Parterre Place is a bit of a walk to the lobby and food court. The East Bus stop is closer, but again one of the longer bus stop walks at POR.

POR has become one of my favorite resorts and I have no hesitation in recommending it.

Enjoy!!!!

Upvote 0

Tomi-Rocket

We truly enjoyed the Magnolia Bend section of POR. If I remember correctly we were in the Magnolia Terrace building. It was a great location, not too far from the main building or the bus stops. We all loved the theming of the resort, too. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

crispy

I would suggest Magnolia Terrace. It's a close walk to the main buildings and Ole Man River Pool, has a quiet pool, and is very close to the bus stops. The rooms are newly refurbished and have a nice luxurious feel to them. We really loved our stay there in October.

Upvote 0

ml123_9

If you don't get the Royal Rooms, then I would suggest Alligator Bayou buildings, 14, 15, or 17. They are close to the food court and main bus stop. But, they are also considerred "preferred".

Upvote 0

MattyFresh

We stayed there this past Oct. We stayed in Parterre Place, I think it was the closed walk to the front of the resort, which is where the buses are and anything else the main building holds. My wife wasn't crazy about the looks of AB so we went with the Mansions. We also got lucky, and landed a corner room!! But that is my .02, hope it helps!!

Upvote 0

vjgraham

If you don't get the Royal Rooms, then I would suggest Alligator Bayou buildings, 14, 15, or 17. They are close to the food court and main bus stop. But, they are also considerred "preferred".

This is totally correct. A couple of years ago we stayed at POR and they assigned us Bldg. 14. I did not ask for any kind of upgrade ,but it was obvious this building was the best location. It was closest to the main bus stop, pool area, and main restaurants and activities. I have not stayed in the magnolia section but I do hear there are some good locations there too.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
Thank you so much everyone!! I really appreciate the advice! I'm getting very excited to stay there!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom