2 Day Ride Closures

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
Buzz Lightyear and Peter Pan's Flight are supposed to be closed for 2 days in march? Why? Why even bother to close it for two days. PPF needs at least a 6-8 month refurb.

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
Because they're only performing a task that requires 2 days to complete. For example, ride control software upgrade, additional Magic Band integration, Memory Maker hardware, safety concerns, etc.
Do you think Peter Pan will close this year?

Clamman73

I wouldn't think a full closure (refurb) is going to happen since they just did a bunch of queue upgrades, and Pirates is supposed to be down for a long time at some point this year.

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
This must be whatever Tom mentioned and a quick spruce up for the rest of the year...I would bet they have something up their sleeves for a future major redo to give it some continuity w/ what is presented to the guests in the new queue area.
I think it needs a faster loading system and new AA's as well

ToTBellHop

This must be whatever Tom mentioned and a quick spruce up for the rest of the year...I would bet they have something up their sleeves for a future major redo to give it some continuity w/ what is presented to the guests in the new queue area.
I would imagine so, too. But probably not this year. POTC is more pressing. Peter is dated but not dangerous.

aka_emilicious

(A general question for anyone) Is there a precedent for taking an existing ride and changing the ride system or load/unload to increase the guests/hr throughput?
I want to say they updated the ride system at PPF in Disneyland back in the 80s? Where are our resident Disney historians!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom