2/18 and 2/19 Epcot and MK Park Crowds

disney4me

Original Poster
Does anyone have any expectations of how large/small the crowds will be 2/18 and 2/19 in EPCOT and MK? Thanks!

ToTBellHop

us craaaaaaaaaazy New Yoikas! Do you know why we get Presidents Week off when no one else does? Well...it goes back to the energy shortages of the 70s. Schools wanted to be able to completely turn off the power for one of the coldest weeks of the year to save energy, so they decided to close for Presidents Week. Obviously, the power stays on all week now, but the week off has stayed around. The Board of Regents desperately wants to do away with it, but the parents of all the New Yorkers who go to Florida that week (which is basically all of us) refuse. And since they pay the Board of Regent's members' salaries...it sticks around hehe! That was sooooooo not disney related...my condolences:)

ToTBellHop

Epcot on the 18th, Magic Kingdom on the 19th. Get as far away from the weekends as you can for the Magic Kingdom...

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by DisneyInsider
It is going to be crowded. Schools have the weekend off and NY has the entire week off.
Some Cape Cod schools also have that week off...I can't remember if my nieces and nephews are in private schools or not...(I come from a large family and have dozens)...but they're coming down here on the 16th.

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by DogsRule!
us craaaaaaaaaazy New Yoikas! Do you know why we get Presidents Week off when no one else does? Well...it goes back to the energy shortages of the 70s. Schools wanted to be able to completely turn off the power for one of the coldest weeks of the year to save energy, so they decided to close for Presidents Week. Obviously, the power stays on all week now, but the week off has stayed around. The Board of Regents desperately wants to do away with it, but the parents of all the New Yorkers who go to Florida that week (which is basically all of us) refuse. And since they pay the Board of Regent's members' salaries...it sticks around hehe! That was sooooooo not disney related...my condolences:)

When I was in school in RI, before the 70s, we always had a week off in February...not always President's day, because back then we celebrated Washington's Birthday on the 22nd, and Lincoln's Birthday on the 12th. It was combined as a single holiday later. (I was an adult by then)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom