1st trip with fiancé alone, looking for different/relaxing things to do...

jkdisney1218

Hi everyone,
So my fiancé and I have been 3 times together but always with family. I have been alone about 12 times and him about the same. So we have a pretty good idea about what we are doing and like. Where it is our first trip finally without family, we can finally do what we want! We want to do new and exciting things but keep it relaxed! We are staying at the Polynesian (1st for both of us). We have our dinner reservations book (kona, narcoossees, and yachtsman) but are looking for some great breakfast and lunch locations. We are on the deluxe dinning plan so we have go to the more expensive places if need be. We are also looking to go slow with the trip and relax. Anyone have any recommendations on places to just sit and people watch or take it slow. Look forward to hearing what everyone has to say.
Thank You!

slappy magoo

Dinner at Kona? I know lots of people love it and it'll be super convenient for you but honestly, make it a breakfast or a lunch. Do one of the dinner shows, or Cali Grill. Or go to Rose and Crown around 7:30ish and try to score a patio table. Even if you fail, you can use the patio to view RoE. Or make a night at Animal Kingdom Lodge, any restaurant there is worthwhile. Dinner at Raglan followef by La Nouba. Or have a night in with room service you lovebirds you.

And for relaxing, rent a boat and skim the lagoon. Do a spa treatment. Play mini golf at Fantasia Gardens. Carriage rides at Fort Wilderness or Saratoga.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell397

I agree with @slappy magoo ...The Kona Cafe is great for breakfast but there are so many other places to experience a wonderful dinner. For another nice breakfast, try the Grand Floridian Cafe....very bright and cheerful. Try Narcoossee's or Citrico's for dinner....slow paced and romantic. I also like Tappen Edo in Japan....you will be seated with other guests which can be fun and the food is excellent. Try Artist Point at the WL....take a small boat to the from The CR to The WL.....evening boat rides are the best. Don't underestimate The Wave at the CR. I have had several dinners there and I was pleased every time.
La Nouba is an incredible show....I believe there are 2 shows on most nights so you can make a dinner reservation at DTT and then go to the 9PM show.
Have a Magical Trip! :cat:

Upvote 0

dopeylover

When are you going? Depending on when you go you can try Harambe Nights at AK or EPCOT After Hours Wind Down! The Wave is great for dinner & drinks. La Cava de Tequila has great drinks as well, and then you can stroll WS!

Upvote 0

Marco226

You could try doing the segway tours at fort wilderness campgrounds. I'd recommend the tour in Epcot, but sadly they're not doing that one anymore.. the fort wilderness one takes you around bay lake, through the forests, and through the horse stables there. It was pretty fun and relaxing

Upvote 0

MGMBoy

I second what some of the others have said; Kona for breakfast (my favorite place for breakfast on-site) then try to get a California Grill reservation for a seating 60-90 minutes before Wishes starts. I proposed on the California Grill balcony during the finale of Wishes. If you're staying at the Poly you could also pull up a couple of lounge chairs lakeside and watch Wishes from there. When are you going?

Upvote 0

MaryJaneP

Above ideas are great. We enjoy people watching at the various resorts by visiting each lobby. You can also enjoy the atmosphere of each resort, see if would be a place you would like to add to your bucket list, ride the monorail or boats to the resorts, view the restaurants, visit the indoor (ie. Tambu, Outer Rim) and outdoor bars, and appreciate the air conditioning. It can be as relaxing as you choose to make it. People watching can also be entertaining at the entrance/exit at the various parks as you get to see a microcosm of family dynamics, which can sometimes be very interesting. Have fun you two.

Upvote 0

coachwnh

Lunch or dinner at Sanaa in AKL, dinner at Cali Grill both come to mind for nice places to eat! Im not a fan of Kona anytime. I know Im way in the minority on that, but we have been three times and each time it was awful for my wife and her gluten accommodations. The only time we have ever experienced that in WDW or DL.

Anyway, we also like visiting the Crews Cup in the YC. Its right next to the Yachtsman. We have taken the kids to the kids club at the BC and enjoyed a few drinks there.

Flying Fish at BW is nice, Citricos at GF, too! Jiko is very popular at AKL, but we prefer Sanaa for the view.

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

jkdisney1218

Original Poster
Thanks for everyones help, all great ideas! From everyones recommendations, we decided to have breakfast at kona. We looked up the menu and it looks amazing! We are still debating dinner as of right now. We are going august 2nd to the 5th. I know its a short trip but we just need a disney fix right now.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom