Pre-Trip 1st Disney Trip in over 60 years combined

The Who: I'm Susan and this is my husband Scott

IMG_0075.JPG

Where:
popcentury11.jpg

When : May 5th-11th, 2018

I guess I could start with a little about myself. I'm 47 years old, I work for a major insurance company... bum bah dum dum pum pum pum! I'm an ex airline employee, and an ex travel agent. I knew I wanted to work for the airlines since I was 10 years old, and I love to travel more than anything else in this life. (can't afford to live on that crappy pay anymore though) And I haven't been to Disney since I was approx 24.

Scott my husband is 45 and disabled, failed back surgery. And though he can walk, we don't think he can Disney walk... so we are renting an ECV. He has 2 boys who have never been to Disney. And he hasn't been since he was 6-7 so about 39 years?

Plans:
Day 1 - Arrive MCO 1210pm, My plan this day is to find some chow at the POP food court and we will nap for an hour or so. Hopefully I can score some good fastpasses for the afternoon. And I've made a reservation (shhhhh it's a surprise) for the HEA dessert party. Garden view. DH hates crowds, and I'm not a big fan... and I figured this way we could stretch out in the garden view, have room for the ECV, and it would just be more comfortable for the both of us.
Day 2 - MK - BOG Lunch at 1130am, Hoop Dee Doo Revue at 615p
Day 3 - Epcot - Flower and Garden food booths for lunch, Chefs des France at 630p, Beaches and cream for dessert at 10pm
Day 4 - Off day - Swimming and meeting my cousin at the Polite Pig for lunch in Disney springs. Depending on how we are feeling, maybe head to epcot for EMH later?
Day 5 - AM - MK? PM - HS - Hubby wants to make the trek to WL to trying roaring fork for breakfast. We have reservation for BOG for lunch, but we may drop those and go to columbia Harbour House instead, Dinner is Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre (hubby's choice)
Day 6 - AK - Only Character meeting - Tusker house 810am, Santu'li for lunch, Cape May Cafe for dinner.

I can't make FP's yet... soon though... 11 days.

We are super excited, and all my past travel professional experience has made investigating everything Disney easier... it's made me want to become a TA again.... but again... Pay... can't live on that!

71 days!

Last edited:

Rista1313

Original Poster
Another question for all you here! I did a room request via touring plans... with an ECV we really want a bottom floor... my question is... should we use online check in on top of that, or just check in when we get there? I don't want to mess up my original request.

Rista1313

Original Poster
Disney Moment for today... I decided to be girly and go to sephora to check out makeup from this century, since I really haven't worn anything but eyeliner, mascara, and chapstick since the early 90's (full face of thick makeup in the 80's!) ANYWAY, the gal who helped me.. I noticed she was wearing a belle pin on her sephora lanyard. I asked her about it. Turns out she's a disney gal, and she dresses up as princesses for Disney birthday parties. I learned she's originally from California, so she's all about the Land, and has never been to the World... um... what?!?! Anyhoo... she was super sweet and she definitely looked like a princess... and she treated me like a queen!

Rista1313

Original Poster
In other Disney related news... my nieces Cheerleading squad got a bid for Summit, and so she will be at Disney the same time as us... just overlapping 3 days....(hubby's sister and family) so they are going to join us for the still secret Garden View Dessert party the day we arrive. (it's a big deal for me to keep a secret this long)

Rista1313

Original Poster
44 days! To satisfy our itch to travel in the meantime, we are off to Chicago this weekend for our 10th anniversary (Sunday). (still planning on "celebrating" our anniversary in Disney too of course! ) (since it's a big one we can celebrate it all year right?)

We were originally going to drive and take the commuter train in. But instead we decided to take Amtrak over... that's a present for me! Since hubby became disabled, I am sole principal driver, and frankly I'm tired of driving.

Maybe I'll post a couple of pictures of our trip here, if that's ok?

Rista1313

Original Poster
11 days... today I've been getting our publix delivery order in the cart, and ready to order when we get there. This week I've been debating with myself whether I want to take my rollie carryon, with our suits and everything we'll need for our first day, or whether I should just use my park pack so we don't have an extra suitcase. I'm already checking 2, one medium, one large. Decisions... help!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom