Pre-Trip 1st Disney Trip in over 60 years combined

The Who: I'm Susan and this is my husband Scott

IMG_0075.JPG

Where:
popcentury11.jpg

When : May 5th-11th, 2018

I guess I could start with a little about myself. I'm 47 years old, I work for a major insurance company... bum bah dum dum pum pum pum! I'm an ex airline employee, and an ex travel agent. I knew I wanted to work for the airlines since I was 10 years old, and I love to travel more than anything else in this life. (can't afford to live on that crappy pay anymore though) And I haven't been to Disney since I was approx 24.

Scott my husband is 45 and disabled, failed back surgery. And though he can walk, we don't think he can Disney walk... so we are renting an ECV. He has 2 boys who have never been to Disney. And he hasn't been since he was 6-7 so about 39 years?

Plans:
Day 1 - Arrive MCO 1210pm, My plan this day is to find some chow at the POP food court and we will nap for an hour or so. Hopefully I can score some good fastpasses for the afternoon. And I've made a reservation (shhhhh it's a surprise) for the HEA dessert party. Garden view. DH hates crowds, and I'm not a big fan... and I figured this way we could stretch out in the garden view, have room for the ECV, and it would just be more comfortable for the both of us.
Day 2 - MK - BOG Lunch at 1130am, Hoop Dee Doo Revue at 615p
Day 3 - Epcot - Flower and Garden food booths for lunch, Chefs des France at 630p, Beaches and cream for dessert at 10pm
Day 4 - Off day - Swimming and meeting my cousin at the Polite Pig for lunch in Disney springs. Depending on how we are feeling, maybe head to epcot for EMH later?
Day 5 - AM - MK? PM - HS - Hubby wants to make the trek to WL to trying roaring fork for breakfast. We have reservation for BOG for lunch, but we may drop those and go to columbia Harbour House instead, Dinner is Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre (hubby's choice)
Day 6 - AK - Only Character meeting - Tusker house 810am, Santu'li for lunch, Cape May Cafe for dinner.

I can't make FP's yet... soon though... 11 days.

We are super excited, and all my past travel professional experience has made investigating everything Disney easier... it's made me want to become a TA again.... but again... Pay... can't live on that!

71 days!

Last edited:

amjt660

Premium Member
And now I just booked a week in St Pete Beach Florida for the week of Thanksgiving.... It won't be a disney week... does anyone do trip reports for "other" trips?
I did one for a WDW Magic meet up at a baseball game
And then when I go to Japan I add the non Disney activity in and around the Disney time.
But I have never done a TR here if it did not have either a WDWMagic or Disney connection of some type.

Max

dclfan

So Jealous!!!!! St. Pete Beach is one of our all time favorite vacation spots! We would love to live there. In fact, I was just talking to DH last night about staying there for a week at Thanksgiving. We rent a pink Condo, right on the corner across from Hotel Zamora.. just down from the big Pink hotel! I should get on securing that since DH said sounds good!
Well there will be a meet up with @dclfan most likely... so a small sliver would be about Disney ;)

Yay!!!!!! I can’t wait. Do you like wine?

MinnieM123

Premium Member

amjt660

Premium Member
I've never tried ice wine, but a few place in MA make it, too. I put a link below to one I found on Google, and it turns out that they were invited to present at the 2014 Food & Wine Festival in EPCOT.

http://stillriverwinery.com/epcot-international-food-and-wine-festival/
First off I am not a wine connoisseur but I know what I like

T and I drink whites and stay with the Pinot Grigio and Reisling ( sweet - sugar level of 1-3)
Dry whites and reds are 0

Late harvest wine come in the mid teens
Ice wines rate in the low 20’s

Ice wine is a small glass after dinner with desert or on its own

Max

Rista1313

Original Poster
Have you tried ice wine
The Niagara region in Canada is world famous for making it ( about a two hour drive for me - even shorter for @DocDisney )

Max

Oh yes.. .Love Ice Wine... up in Northern Michigan, it's made at about every winery.... I also like Vignoles.. which if I remember right, is the 2nd pressing of the same grapes...it's a little less sweet.

Normally I would go for a late harvest reisling!

Rista1313

Original Poster
Got every fast pass I wanted except Toy Story Mania... I guess I'll have to keep trying on that one. No problem on Flight of Passage. Did I read somewhere there is a notification system when fast passes open up? Anyone know what site that is?

krisri18

Got every fast pass I wanted except Toy Story Mania... I guess I'll have to keep trying on that one. No problem on Flight of Passage. Did I read somewhere there is a notification system when fast passes open up? Anyone know what site that is?
I believe Disney is not utilizing fastpass for TSMM from April 9- May 7 while they change the entrance area (presumably to reroute it in Toy Story Land?). Maybe keep an eye out for the last couple of days of your trip in case they open them up

Rista1313

Original Poster
I believe Disney is not utilizing fastpass for TSMM from April 9- May 7 while they change the entrance area (presumably to reroute it in Toy Story Land?). Maybe keep an eye out for the last couple of days of your trip in case they open them up

I was trying for May 9th... So I think I just missed it... I'll keep trying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom