1986 Blue Sky Park - Port Voyage Brainstorm

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Less than 48 hours to build two lands....

....time to unleash my inner speedrunner
We have till Wednesday at 11:59pm est - so a little over 2 days. I got confused myself at the timeline so I know I mentioned 48 hours last night but it's confirmed to be later.

Anyway - you've done great with the Minecraft designs! I'm not sure what your school or work week is like but since this is your first competition I will say don't overwork yourself please! There's so much more time left in the competition. You don't have to build the whole two lands, but if that's what makes you happy hey I won't stop you 😅

Mickeynerd17

We have till Wednesday at 11:59pm est - so a little over 2 days. I got confused myself at the timeline so I know I mentioned 48 hours last night but it's confirmed to be later.

Anyway - you've done great with the Minecraft designs! I'm not sure what your school or work week is like but since this is your first competition I will say don't overwork yourself please! There's so much more time left in the competition. You don't have to build the whole two lands, but if that's what makes you happy hey I won't stop you 😅
Thanks! I'm really trying to push my creative boundaries. After building the majority of 80's epcot, I thought I could use a change of theme. I'll try to build both lands, but I will fill my duty of building the castle and hub as I was assigned.

NateD1226

Updates and Checklist for today
  • 2 Parades
    • Status: @goofyyukyukyuk17 and I are almost done! We are like 75% done and just have some music and writeups to finish.
  • Nighttime Lake Show
    • Status: It is looking amazing! @b-wolf95 and I have the setlist almost completed with lots of fun ideas floating around. Just need the writeups
  • Castle
    • Status: Pretty much done. @D Hindley would you mind doing a small description of the castle just so there is something to accompany the art.
  • Minecraft
    • Status: @Mickeynerd17, I hope everything is working out well! Can't wait to see what you have done.

We are so close to being done team! Around 39 hours left!!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Updates and Checklist for today
  • 2 Parades
    • Status: @goofyyukyukyuk17 and I are almost done! We are like 75% done and just have some music and writeups to finish.
  • Nighttime Lake Show
    • Status: It is looking amazing! @b-wolf95 and I have the setlist almost completed with lots of fun ideas floating around. Just need the writeups
  • Castle
    • Status: Pretty much done. @D Hindley would you mind doing a small description of the castle just so there is something to accompany the art.
  • Minecraft
    • Status: @Mickeynerd17, I hope everything is working out well! Can't wait to see what you have done.

We are so close to being done team! Around 39 hours left!!
Sounds good to me!

Mickeynerd17

Update on the castle: got most of it built but still needs much work. Started laying out the walkthrough too (yes, that high bridge between towers on the right is part of it).

2020_09_22_09.56.04.jpg
2020_09_22_09.56.14.jpg
2020_09_22_09.56.36.jpg

D Hulk

Castle
enhance

SNOW WHITE CASTLE

At the far end of the rugged Port Voyage, guests discover the enchanting Snow White Castle perched precariously on jagged seaside cliffs. The castle exudes the warmth & elegance of Snow White herself, while in its intertwined rockwork and darker colors it still evinces the dark influence of its onetime inhabitant the Evil Queen.

It is fitting that Walt Disney’s very first princess finally gets her own park castle! The castle design takes care to honor her legacy. A great many European castle influences mix together to form a fantastical final form that is unlike anyplace in our world.

Sited on a rocky peninsula with crashing sea waves, the castle’s base recalls France’s Mont Saint-Michel. Seen up close, the granite cliffs are shaped like the Seven Dwarfs. A tangle of waterfalls accents the shore. Fortress walls seem to grow organically from these stones. A grassy slope on the drawbridge’s opposite side teems with autumnal trees, their warm reds & golds echoing the color scheme of Harbortown U.S.A.

Beyond the exploitable outer defensive turrets, Wishing Well Courtyard (with its enchanted singing well) sits at the base of the castle towers. The tiered castle layers retain the basic form of Spain’s Alcazár de Segovia, which was the primary influence on Snow White’s cinematic castle. In architectural details and texture, however, Snow White Castle is more Germanic and Eastern European, with design elements taken from Disney’s beloved Neuschwanstein Castle along with Romania’s Peles Castle, among others. Medieval wood beams mix with warm red rooftops and golden accents. While the castle’s base is all martial might with its horizontal defensive structures, the upper tower spires use vertical lines to create a delicate, enchanted feel.

More details abound. As with all Disney palaces, Snow White Castle features a chapel complete with gothic golden spire. Newer additions overseen by Snow White herself - note the royal purple wings - include and observatory and a clock tower. The inner Great Hall, where Snow White’s glass coffin sits on display, is also a gallery space for ornate tapestries retelling her fairy tale. Quaint wooden furniture and fine diamonds are supplied by the Seven Dwarfs. Guests can expect to meet with Snow White & her Prince face-to-face in the tallest Florian Tower. And rumor has it that the Evil Queen’s dreadful alchemy laboratory remains hidden in the castle’s rocky dungeons, waiting to be explored.
Here’s a castle description...not proofread. I’ve left the actual attractions & etc vague, assuming we can revisit those when we get to Fantasyland. Any changes/additions from @Mickeynerd17 or others, go right ahead and make ‘em! And @NateD1226, do you mind moving all this into the website?

Mickeynerd17

enhance

SNOW WHITE CASTLE

At the far end of the rugged Port Voyage, guests discover the enchanting Snow White Castle perched precariously on jagged seaside cliffs. The castle exudes the warmth & elegance of Snow White herself, while in its intertwined rockwork and darker colors it still evinces the dark influence of its onetime inhabitant the Evil Queen.

It is fitting that Walt Disney’s very first princess finally gets her own park castle! The castle design takes care to honor her legacy. A great many European castle influences mix together to form a fantastical final form that is unlike anyplace in our world.

Sited on a rocky peninsula with crashing sea waves, the castle’s base recalls France’s Mont Saint-Michel. Seen up close, the granite cliffs are shaped like the Seven Dwarfs. A tangle of waterfalls accents the shore. Fortress walls seem to grow organically from these stones. A grassy slope on the drawbridge’s opposite side teems with autumnal trees, their warm reds & golds echoing the color scheme of Harbortown U.S.A.

Beyond the exploitable outer defensive turrets, Wishing Well Courtyard (with its enchanted singing well) sits at the base of the castle towers. The tiered castle layers retain the basic form of Spain’s Alcazár de Segovia, which was the primary influence on Snow White’s cinematic castle. In architectural details and texture, however, Snow White Castle is more Germanic and Eastern European, with design elements taken from Disney’s beloved Neuschwanstein Castle along with Romania’s Peles Castle, among others. Medieval wood beams mix with warm red rooftops and golden accents. While the castle’s base is all martial might with its horizontal defensive structures, the upper tower spires use vertical lines to create a delicate, enchanted feel.

More details abound. As with all Disney palaces, Snow White Castle features a chapel complete with gothic golden spire. Newer additions overseen by Snow White herself - note the royal purple wings - include and observatory and a clock tower. The inner Great Hall, where Snow White’s glass coffin sits on display, is also a gallery space for ornate tapestries retelling her fairy tale. Quaint wooden furniture and fine diamonds are supplied by the Seven Dwarfs. Guests can expect to meet with Snow White & her Prince face-to-face in the tallest Florian Tower. And rumor has it that the Evil Queen’s dreadful alchemy laboratory remains hidden in the castle’s rocky dungeons, waiting to be explored.
Here’s a castle description...not proofread. I’ve left the actual attractions & etc vague, assuming we can revisit those when we get to Fantasyland. Any changes/additions from @Mickeynerd17 or others, go right ahead and make ‘em! And @NateD1226, do you mind moving all this into the website?
Absolutely beautiful description! The one thing I'll say is that the wishing well was planned as part of the walking tour.

Since I probably won't have time to finish the walking tour, I'll build some of it, and leave the rest for Fantasyland assuming we make it far enough into the competition.

Outbound

PortVoyageLogo3.png

Made a simple logo for Port Voyage. The castle represents the central icon, the compass the hub, and the clouds the mountain from which the castle rests. Since this is not a proper land, I imagine it would be only used for signs pointing directions and the like, but it's still useful to have for our site's front page.

NateD1226

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom