1986 Blue Sky Park - Port Voyage Brainstorm

Mickeynerd17

Are there any specific changes needed for the hub? If not, I'm going to start filling in the pathways. Shoot me a message if you have new ideas for foliage/landscape. Here is a reference picture if needed:
2020_09_20_00.28.53.jpg

Edit: this is my 100th post on the forums as a whole! 🎉🎉🎉🎉

Mickeynerd17

Ok, I've got the rockwork for the castle done. I believe that this castle should be one with the mountain, instead of built on top of it, so I designed the mountain with caves and water features while the castle walls will change with the landscape.
One other thing of note: the basic design of the mountain is ominous in nature, because i want to give the impression of the castle being very beautiful, but also mysterious and sinister, almost like it's hiding something.

2020_09_20_15.19.45.jpg
2020_09_20_15.19.59.jpg
2020_09_20_15.20.13.jpg

Thoughts @D Hindley ?

Last edited:

D Hulk

Oh shoot, your putting me to a high standard 🤣😨
Can't guarantee it will look that good, but I'll try my best.

You all cool with a castle walkthrough?
Are you offering to tackle a castle walkthrough? Go for it! (Was thinking the Evil Queen’s dungeon, tinker things spooky.) And don’t worry if our concept art doesn’t match up perfectly. I wasn’t able to integrate the castle with the rock work as thoroughly as you described.

wouldn’t the castle’s interior sort of count as Fantasyland? We might be able to hold off on adding some stuff until later. Judges?

NateD1226

Checklist and update status:
  • Work on Parade.
    • Status: We are doing two parades. One for daytime and one for nighttime. The daytime with the evolution of sea travel with lots of fun, familiar faces. The nighttime parade will be a lot more mature and dark themed with stories of the dark sea.
  • Work on Nighttime Lake show.
    • Status: We have a set storyline in place and just need to starting figuring out the set list and start writing!
  • Castle
    • Status: Near completion! I think we just need a description to tie it all together.
  • Minecraft
    • @Mickeynerd17, I'm sure you are doing great but it would be amazing to see an update!

Mickeynerd17

Checklist and update status:
  • Work on Parade.
    • Status: We are doing two parades. One for daytime and one for nighttime. The daytime with the evolution of sea travel with lots of fun, familiar faces. The nighttime parade will be a lot more mature and dark themed with stories of the dark sea.
  • Work on Nighttime Lake show.
    • Status: We have a set storyline in place and just need to starting figuring out the set list and start writing!
  • Castle
    • Status: Near completion! I think we just need a description to tie it all together.
  • Minecraft
    • @Mickeynerd17, I'm sure you are doing great but it would be amazing to see an update!
Working on it. I've got the Sleepy Hollow Chilling Tour built along with the street outlined. The hub needs landscaping and filling in of paths. The castle needs it's towers and walking tour, along with landscaping. Bit busy at the moment but will give more updates when I'm able.

NateD1226

What do you all think of having Swan Boats around the front of the castle? It would tie in well to Harbortown and be a throwback to the old Swan Boats at the Magic Kingdom

I love the idea but I think the land is getting to a point where there isn’t much left to add. Plus with only 48 hours left I think it’s best if we just stay with what we have right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom