News 1900 Park Fare at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort reopening in April 2024

Bocabear

I remember eating there before it was a character dinner many times...Just a buffet... It was a nice restaurant...
Since Cindy already has a Character dining destination, it makes sense to keep her there and use other characters... But ones suited more to the locale...which still doesn't explain the Beauty and the beast themed cocktail lounge upstairs...lol 1900 Park Faire should be themed to Mary Poppins Jolly Holiday animation sequence...that would be charming...add Alice and that cast and it seems like enough.

LittleBuford

Here's a first look at a new mural that will be the focal point of the restaurant’s entrance.

View attachment 767383

More details can be found at the link below. Reservations will open on March 5.

I don’t think anyone’s commented on it yet, but I like the new mural quite a bit and think it captures the period theme very well.

drizgirl

I don’t understand why everything is turning into a character experience. Some people don’t like characters and it’s just awkward to wave at the character and act disinterested. They really need a non-character section for the restaurants so it can be “inclusive” for all types of diners.
"Everything" isn't turning into a character experience. This restaurant has been a character experience for decades.

LittleBuford

And once again murals and drawings will constitute their idea of decoration and renovation on what I would assume is a modern plain wall again, instead of the ornate architectural details that the Victorian era should have.

Lazy. Again.
How can it be a “modern plain wall” when it has an elaborate mural on it?

castlecake2.0

And once again murals and drawings will constitute their idea of decoration and renovation on what I would assume is a modern plain wall again, instead of the ornate architectural details that the Victorian era should have.

Lazy. Again.
Sometimes yes, but this restaurant never really had extravagant details before

Bocabear

RE: Mary Poppins timeline, The Victorian Era is often thought of as the period of Queen Victorias reign, encompasing the Edwardian Era, or ending at the start of WW1 in 1914... Mary Poppins is set in 1910 which would fall in the Edwardian/ Victorian era... I think all it has to be is close, not strictly victorian, as the design of the hotel is only lightly influenced by Victorian design...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
RE: Mary Poppins timeline, The Victorian Era is often thought of as the period of Queen Victorias reign, encompasing the Edwardian Era, or ending at the start of WW1 in 1914... Mary Poppins is set in 1910 which would fall in the Edwardian/ Victorian era... I think all it has to be is close, not strictly victorian, as the design of the hotel is only lightly influenced by Victorian design...
Never a need to change a thing

The lounge and this character slate are stupid…but we’ve come to expect that from Palpatine’s people for years now

Last edited:

LittleBuford

The Victorian era coincides with Victoria’s reign. It does not, by any usual understanding of the term, encompass the Edwardian period, still less the years immediately preceding WW1.

None of this means that Mary Poppins is a poor fit for the hotel. On the contrary, she goes very well there.

Last edited:

pdude81

This is really a confusing change. The stepsisters and stepmother were the stars of this show.

I can understanding them wanting a more diverse character lineup, but the offerings are nonsensical to me. It would be great to see a new parade at MK led by Prince Ali and elephant floats, but why would he be saying hi to randos at Dinner?

I'd welcome a rotating cast where you would sometimes get characters from different films depending on the schedule, but something thematically consistent would be nice. Sometimes the full Cinderella treatment, sometime Encanto, Moana, Mary Poppins, PATF, etc.

I really am into meeting different characters, but not sure I want my last memory of 1900 to be this confusing mess. I'll have to wait for reviews to see if I'm just being a negative Nelly🩹.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom