News 1900 Park Fare at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort reopening in April 2024

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
So is the tea room officially dead? Also wonder if BBB will reopen here?
We hope not. That is one of our favorite things to do during a Disney trip. Until COVID, we never missed going there. Will be quite upset if they don't bring it back. I was told the only reason that it wasn't open yet is that it shared a kitchen with 1900 Park Fare, so we are hopeful that it will come back as well. They just might need the additional staff and training to reopen it. I cannot believe that it didn't make enough money for Disney execs.

Bocabear

It's not too hard to understand placing characters where they fit into the style and setting of the resort...
Yes to Mary Poppins, Alice and other characters from those films for the Grand Floridian
Moana and Jungle Book Characters at the Poly...
Tiana at Port Orleans
Encanto at Coronado Springs...
Woody etc at Wilderness Lodge..
I feel like the princesses should be special and kept to Magic Kingdom CRT and the Fairytale Hall since they already destroyed an actual ride to put it in....and I guess Akershus, though I hate that it is not a Norwegian Restaurant and now a Character Meal venue...

drizgirl

It's not too hard to understand placing characters where they fit into the style and setting of the resort...
Yes to Mary Poppins, Alice and other characters from those films for the Grand Floridian
Moana and Jungle Book Characters at the Poly...
Tiana at Port Orleans
Encanto at Coronado Springs...
Woody etc at Wilderness Lodge..
I feel like the princesses should be special and kept to Magic Kingdom CRT and the Fairytale Hall since they already destroyed an actual ride to put it in....and I guess Akershus, though I hate that it is not a Norwegian Restaurant and now a Character Meal venue...
Dinner here was Cinderella centered for the last 20 years at least.

UofMGuy423

This whole "Celebrate a Wish" theme seems like it was built off the false assumption that the Wish movie was going to be a hit and this would naturally ride that movie's wave of popularity. Perhaps, 1900 Park Fair sponsored by Disney + (stream Wish now!) Well the movie bombed, so now this feels weird. lol

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
makes no sense... but that's very... diverse....so they checked a box
I think they were going more with popular IPs that can get people to make reservations specifically to see those characters or even for those going to 1900 anyway, since it’s popular with its target audience. I do agree that it’s a pretty random group

Last edited:

MLeota18

These characters have very little in common (except for Tiana and Cinderella being princesses, though Tiana will not be dressing in her princess attire) and I fail to see how they can come up with a menu that makes sense that will coincide with these characters. That menu is gonna be all over the place and I doubt will be tied to the hotel at all. I got married at Disney years ago and I remember them being so strict on what characters could be seen with other characters because they didn’t want to compromise the magic of the guest experience. I guess they couldn’t care less of that now. So sad about this change

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom