Pre-Trip 18 years of marital bliss means it’s time for some Surf n Turf action…..again.

So….it’s about that time again. For those unfamiliar with our shenanigans you may enjoy the following:
Surf n Turf vol 1: 16th anniversary trip
Surf n Turf vol 2: 17th anniversary trip
Surf n Turf vol 3: Cruising is not for the kid.

I hope you all have been having an excellent summer so far, ours has been BUSY! As the title suggests, this will mark our 18th anniversary and what is awesome is we will actually be in the bubble on our anniversary date! But first, some introductions:
DW: Laura and me: Sean
PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRESORTSANDMORE_7724885381.jpeg

Lots of back story of here and I won’t throw it all at you again but long story short; my wife sat in front of me in the 5th grade and I still think that is pretty awesome!

So, those familiar with us should not be surprised, Disney Vacation Creep set in rather early this time and what was to be a Thursday arrival soon turned into a Wednesday arrival and the dates are:
October 19-21 AKL Kidani
October 21-24 Disney Dream
October 24-25 AKL Kidani

Love me a Dream sammy on Kidani! We actually did our Dream check-in just yesterday and booked a few things to do, one of those is a dinner at Palo again on Pirate night. We snagged a 6pm reservation this year so if we decide to take part in the costume festivities we can and we will be done in plenty of time for the fireworks. We also booked two excursions as placeholders and need to decide which one we want to do. We are holding a jet ski excursion for two and a snorkeling/rum tasting excursion. The DW is on the fence on which one to do. I’m fine either way as long as we have plenty of time to relax at Serenity Bay. Some other Dream stuff is TBD.

We’ve lined up a few ADRs and will probably add one other before we leave. What we have so far is:
Sanaa for dinner
Kona, our breakfast tradition the day we make for port.
Yachtsman for our anniversary dinner.

That’s it for now, more details to follow.

Last edited:

dclfan

My trip is overlapping with yours for two days, the 24th and the 25th. Thats so exciting. I feel like I know you guys (in the totally not creepy way) from your trip reports. So if you see a bearded dude and myself taking papparazzi photos of you do not be alarmed. Happy early anniversary. I love hearing about wedding anniversaries I am such a sap. I cant wait to be with my prince for 18 years. That is so exciting and Polynesian OMG. I keep having these fantasies that Disney will see its my birthday and give us a magical upgrade to the polynesian lol.

Brian & Jill

Following along and loving your pre-trip report!!!!!! Congrats in advance on your anniversary!!!!!! Take care of the Dream for my wife and I as we will be getting on the ship as you and your wife are getting off. We to will also be celebrating our anniversary on the ship.(14yrs) Well anyways enough of my rambling we will be following along !!!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm pretty sure they are still there. It's one of those things that you can't remember seeing, even though we probably passed it several dozen times.

Why am I thinking that the stocks are still there, somewhere between Liberty Square and Frontierland? Like you said, sometimes you see things, but are not really paying attention, and then question if you saw recently, or whether it was just a memory from years ago. (We need one of our WDW trivia experts to weigh in on this.)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I'm pretty sure they are still there. It's one of those things that you can't remember seeing, even though we probably passed it several dozen times.
Why am I thinking that the stocks are still there, somewhere between Liberty Square and Frontierland? Like you said, sometimes you see things, but are not really paying attention, and then question if you saw recently, or whether it was just a memory from years ago. (We need one of our WDW trivia experts to weigh in on this.)
They are still there! Located in front of the entrance to the Riverboat. :)

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
So our stateroom magnets came in yesterday and I am not disappointed. The DW did a fine job of picking out our pieces of flair!

Those are spectacular!! DH and I are cruising on the Magic out of NYC in October to celebrate our 30th anniversary, I'd love to have a set of those magnets-- @imahistorygeek where did you order them from?

We also received our AP bands. They now come in a new, much smaller, box. They have also migrated to a standard "Passholder" slider as opposed to the dated sliders we've received in the past:

I was disappointed in the new slider. I liked the ones with the years on them.

I just pitched an idea to Sean for most original. We're from Dahlonega, Georgia. Dahlonega was the site of the 1st major gold rush in the United States. My idea: I'm a gold nugget and he's a miner. The locals are called nuggets. I'll admit, this is about as creative as I get.

That sounds great!

Beware, though, the CMs running the contest decide what category to place you in. I'm about to go on my 4th annual girl's cruise (with a fine bunch of gals who all met here on these forums!), and the last 2 have been Halloween cruises. We were determined to win Best Group. In 2014, there were six of us and we dressed up as M&Ms (each a different color M t-shirt, white shorts, white shoes) and we came in second place to a group of 4, who were dressed as Mr & Mrs Banks and Mary Poppins & Bert (they were a family group, mom & dad with their daughter & her BF), which to us clearly should have been in the category Best Disney. Last year, we were a group of 17 and we dressed up as wacky pageant contestants with tiaras and sashes--Miss Behaving, Miss Interpreted, Miss Cellaneous, Miss Terious, etc. etc.--and we came in second to 2 guys dressed as Wreck-It Ralph & Fix-it Felix. To our way of thinking, they should have gone in the Best Disney or Best Couple category, because 2 is not a "group".

So you could wind up in either Best Couple or Most Original, either way, I think it's a very clever idea. :)

I'm pretty sure the socks give away the time period.

My guess is 80-81 :p

Close. I'd say 83-84. Man, those socks...I had to wear them as a kid as well.

What a blast from the past!! Those socks spanned from probably 1978 through the mid to late 80s. My brother had dozens of them, and in fact, wore them under his suit at my wedding in 1986! :eek:

imahistorygeek

Those are spectacular!! DH and I are cruising on the Magic out of NYC in October to celebrate our 30th anniversary, I'd love to have a set of those magnets-- @imahistorygeek where did you order them from?

Beware, though, the CMs running the contest decide what category to place you in. So you could wind up in either Best Couple or Most Original, either way, I think it's a very clever idea. :)

The magnets are from Etsy. The shop is nickandjojo. It was $16 and I thought that was reasonable considering the quality, size, and the fact that the only thing I had to do was order and pay. :)

We're still mulling over the costume idea. The prospector costume is an easy find, but the gold nugget...not so much. I'm looking for ideas on how to make it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom