16-0

RSoxNo1

Color me ecstatic about the Pats. Any discussion of them cheating is moot. They were penalized for it, quite severely might I add, and they are far from the only team in football that does what they did. Their accusers, the New York Jets did the exact same thing in their 2006-2007 playoff game against the Pats.

With that said, this probably isn't the correct forum for this - but I wouldn't see it if it was in another forum, so I'm ok with it.

They haven't won anything yet though, they've just set a bunch of records. I look forward to the next month, as should everyone in New England.

WDWFREAK53

I take personal offense to this post! Why do you have to call out Miami fans? Haven't we been through enough this year... in EVERY sport??? I guess you "Ma____________s" have the right to be arrogent, since you keep winning at everything.... but I don't see how that gives you the right to kick Miami fans while they are down.

I'm sure that most people won't mind me saying that I really hope Peyton Manning can do the same thing he did to you guys in the playoffs last season.

***edit**** the word that got censored above wasn't an actual profanity but I guess it confused the site in to thinking it was. Oh well.

Well, to be honest...just sticking an "M" in front of an actual profanity will not trick the censor.

I believe Miami was "called out" because of Shula, and some of the members of the '72 Dolphins' comments earlier in the year and all the way until the end (aside from Shula due to the fact that he took the comments back).

Blame them...don't blame the rest of the media and everybody else for not liking what they had to say. You make the bed...you lie in it.

Great teams come and go...I'm sure the Patriots will be off of the throne in the future...so we need to enjoy it while it is here.

Outside of New England, the Patriots are the most hated team in the NFL. Jealousy breeds hate. Instead of taking a step back and realizing that they are witnessing history being made...people would rather see them lose and just turn it into another mediocre season. :shrug: I don't get it. When your kids grow up...and they say, "Daddy, do you remember that 2007 team that went undefeated?" Instead of saying, "Yeah, they were amazing and probably the best football team I've ever seen," everybody will be saying, "Yeah, they stunk and didn't deserve it." To each his own.

I just hope that the Patriots do make it to the Superbowl and it turns out to be as exciting as last night's game.

miles1

While the Patriots have had a great season, I and many other Connecticut residents have a good reason for some contempt, even though they're our "home team".

About 7 years ago, the Patriots owner had publicly committed to moving the team to Hartford, Conn because negotiations for a new factility in Mass. were unsuccessful. The State of Connecticut (read: taxpayers) invested heavily in feasibilty studies and planning for a new stadium. The state was almost ready to tear down a good chunk of Hartford to begin building. At the eleventh hour, the Pats' owner worked a back room deal with Massachusetts and pulled the plug, without even an apology to Connecticut or an offer to reimberse the taxpayers for their expenses.

We can't expect spotless ethics from the players when the owner engages in tactics like that.

WDWFREAK53

While the Patriots have had a great season, I and many other Connecticut residents have a good reason for some contempt, even though they're our "home team".

About 7 years ago, the Patriots owner had publicly committed to moving the team to Hartford, Conn because negotiations for a new factility in Mass. were unsuccessful. The State of Connecticut (read: taxpayers) invested heavily in feasibilty studies and planning for a new stadium. The state was almost ready to tear down a good chunk of Hartford to begin building. At the eleventh hour, the Pats' owner worked a back room deal with Massachusetts and pulled the plug, without even an apology to Connecticut or an offer to reimberse the taxpayers for their expenses.

We can't expect spotless ethics from the players when the owner engages in tactics like that.

The same thing happened with South Boston too. It was pretty much a done deal for it to be located there...and then the Hartford location was looked at. Don't forget...Massachusetts is the perfect locale for the Patriots (maybe not Foxboro...but MA). This is New England's team. Putting the team in Hartford makes it a tad difficult for all people north of Massachusetts.

Keeping it in the location it is now allowed Kraft to do what he wanted with his money...and now invest further into the development of Patriot Place which should turn Gillette Stadium into a year-round tourist destination.

I can see where your resentment may lie...but look at the logistics of it. (Also, THEY should've looked at it before even talking to anybody in Hartford).

Number_6

What gets me are the people that say it's a tainted record because they were caught cheating early in the first game of the season. I would like people that say that to take a step back and think about this for a moment. If they were caught recording signals in the first half of the first game... they wouldn't have had the time to check over all the defensive signals before anything recorded got confiscated. They already had a good lead at that point, without any "help" from the recordings. After that game, the league took extra steps to watch every team and make sure no one was doing that because they had gotten reports of other teams doing the same thing. So if it was the first half of the first game that they cheated, and they got no advantage from it, how does that negate the rest of the season and what they did? They got caught, got punished, came out and still ran the table. It's not like they got caught in the first half of the final game of the season. Then I could see saying something like that. Or even the 12th game of the season. But come on, it was the first game in the first half.

As far as being better than the 1972 Dolphins, I say they have joined them in regular season greatness for also going undefeated. But they will not join them in overall greatness unless they win the Super Bowl and one team will not be better than the other, rather equally great. Which works for me since the Pats and Dolphins have been my two favorite teams since I was 4 years old.

WDWFREAK53

*points at your signature*

You may want to make a correction :D

BTW...if Miami loses today...I believe that is the largest margin of victory in the standings...of all time. (And, to be quite honest...I think it will be a LONG time before that is broken).

If Miami loses...they will be 15 games out.

EPCOT Explorer

And yes they are the best and deserve it, but it does make me sick watching them win. Literally.

Me too.*pouts*

Sorry, maybe when a team doesn't cheat to win, I'll be impressed. Besides that, you have to win it all for it to be a perfect season.

1972 Dolphins, still the only undefeated team in history.

PS: you don't get a parade in WDW for a perfect regular season. LOL

They are going to stay in that record BTW.:D

Cubs Brian

***************************************************** just remember the 85 BEARS still hold the record for most victories in a season with 18:lol::lol::lol::lol:

TheKeeler7

Original Poster
The same thing happened with South Boston too. It was pretty much a done deal for it to be located there...and then the Hartford location was looked at. Don't forget...Massachusetts is the perfect locale for the Patriots (maybe not Foxboro...but MA). This is New England's team. Putting the team in Hartford makes it a tad difficult for all people north of Massachusetts.

Keeping it in the location it is now allowed Kraft to do what he wanted with his money...and now invest further into the development of Patriot Place which should turn Gillette Stadium into a year-round tourist destination.

I can see where your resentment may lie...but look at the logistics of it. (Also, THEY should've looked at it before even talking to anybody in Hartford).

Just to clarify, The Hartford deal fell thru because the state failed to meet dealines in the planning phase. thats why the Pats were able to walk away. And Southie lost out because Kraft didn't give Mumbles the "tools (money) to make it happen". It was the mayor that blocked the deal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom