15 minutes left in the day, you rode Pirates and Haunted Mansion already, but you can choose between the two of them which one to go on again

Which one of Haunted Mansion or Pirates do you ride?

• Haunted Mansion

Votes: 67 67.7%
  • Pirates

Votes: 23 23.2%
  • Too close to call

Votes: 9 9.1%

• Total voters

gitchard

Given the choices, HM but when in that situation, usually go on SDMT. Line for SDMT may still be long but not missing out on anything while standing in it.

dmw

In the Parks
No
HM... love the exterior at night. And, then you have a very nice walk up to Fantasyland and exit through the castle with the view down to Main Street.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Because I don't.

I see that, I am just wondering if you can elaborate. It is unusual to hear someone say that they dislike both of the most popular rides in the park. And the ones with the best attention to detail.

Yeah, from what I heard it sounds like they cancelled Western River Expedition abruptly and were given a strict deadline to make an east coast pirates as fast as they possibly could which made them cut scenes. But I’m not entirely sure that simply cloning Disneyland’s would’ve added THAT much extra time to construction. Maybe it was just to save money?

Part of me feels like the Paris version is what WDW could’ve been. It takes the idea of an Adventureland/Caribbean setting that eliminates the bayou aspect and builds upon the original instead of subtracts. I’d like to learn more about the development of the Paris version. I wouldn’t be surprised if it turns out something similar to Paris was being planned for Magic Kingdom but the imagineers were told ‘no’ due to time and budget

I will give the WDW credit, it has a far better queue than California. There is this feeling of being in a dungeon. They do a good job of that. Builds up suspense. I have always wanted to climb up the stairs in the WDW line in that one part that has the chain blocking off the stairs. I always wonder what's up there. I know it has nothing to do with the ride and is probably just an electrical room or something up there but it still would be fun to explore.

Im going to get attacked for this. I wish there was a way for Jungle Cruise to go skipperless sometimes or have a serious skipper, especially at night it gets a spookier vibe due not being able to see as well. I know Jungle Cruise has become a camp style ride with the skippers and some of the additions, but you could use the same ride and tell a totally different story just by changing the spiel sometimes. Although it would be terrible for wait times esp with lightning lane, maybe have two lines one for a serious boat and the rest of the boats would be normal. maybe have a red light and the others have a green.

Or they could do this for the halloween parties, maybe add a few lights but just tell spooky stories about the jungle.

And wouldnt cost them anything, and we know Disney loves that!

Ok I went off on a tangent again.. sorry.

It is spooky at night. Pretty cool actually. I know initially the ride was not meant to be comedic. I can't remember it being anything but comedic. But you might be onto something. That won't fly because of the longer lines though.

Fox&Hound

Im going to get attacked for this. I wish there was a way for Jungle Cruise to go skipperless sometimes or have a serious skipper, especially at night it gets a spookier vibe due not being able to see as well. I know Jungle Cruise has become a camp style ride with the skippers and some of the additions, but you could use the same ride and tell a totally different story just by changing the spiel sometimes. Although it would be terrible for wait times esp with lightning lane, maybe have two lines one for a serious boat and the rest of the boats would be normal. maybe have a red light and the others have a green.

Or they could do this for the halloween parties, maybe add a few lights but just tell spooky stories about the jungle.

And wouldnt cost them anything, and we know Disney loves that!

Ok I went off on a tangent again.. sorry.
Honestly I always wish it was this way. I find the skippers to be insufferable (sorry). Just let me look at the stuff along the water. Most of the jokes just fall flat and it makes for such an awkward ride.

*No disrespect meant towards skipper CMs. It is the script, not the people, that is the problem.

NelleBelle

We had an awesome skipper for once—he had jokes that definitely weren’t the rypical spiel. He did throw in the backside of water that I’m sure is required, it he did it in a slightly different way than usual. It was unfortunate that I was seated in the back next to the engine and had a tough time hearing all the jokes.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
We had an awesome skipper for once—he had jokes that definitely weren’t the rypical spiel. He did throw in the backside of water that I’m sure is required, it he did it in a slightly different way than usual. It was unfortunate that I was seated in the back next to the engine and had a tough time hearing all the jokes.

A relative of mine said the same thing about being right near the engine. He thought he was losing his hearing because he couldn't hear the skipper, haha! I told him that we had the same issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom