15 minutes left in the day, you rode Pirates and Haunted Mansion already, but you can choose between the two of them which one to go on again

Which one of Haunted Mansion or Pirates do you ride?

• Haunted Mansion

Votes: 67 67.7%
  • Pirates

Votes: 23 23.2%
  • Too close to call

Votes: 9 9.1%

• Total voters

FutureCEO

Okay, so I think it would be cruel to say you could only do one. Honestly, that's just torture. No matter the line ups there is never a day at Magic Kingdom where I haven't done BOTH rides. I've had a day where I missed Space Mountain or Jungle Cruise or such, but never these two. So you did them each once, but you can go on one more ride and you choose between the two of them. To me it is like asking between steak and lobster. And to be honest if I hadn't done either one of them all day my answer might change.

But if I did both already and could do one again.........................Haunted Mansion. Only because it is longer. But no matter what, when I pick one of these I always want the other.

I don't have that problem. I never eat steak so lobster all of the time for me. But Haunted Mansion is best even if I like Pirates. I don't like the bumper boats line at the end of the ride.

Last edited:

zipadee999

In magic kingdom, it’s mansion then pirates for me.

At Disneyland, it’s pirates then mansion.

It’s funny that magic kingdom has the condensed pirates while Disneyland has the condensed mansion, although Disneyland has an excuse because it’s the original. If you could build a park with the DL pirates and the MK mansion tho…

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
I think I would pick Haunted mansion because its night time... so you enter and its dark and spooky outside and you leave and its dark and spooky... to me haunted is always best at night.
but if you could do pirates and jungle cruise......

There are some rides better at night, I agree. Haunted Mansion is one of them. Jungle Cruise comes to mind and I think Thunder Mountain fits that bill too.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Thunder mountain at night is a severely underrated experience. I dare say it’s the best night ride at WDW, except maybe for Test Track if you catch it during fireworks

Absolutely, there are some dark spots in Thunder Mountain that can make an already pretty thrilling ride even better. I had forgotten about that until I did it last month.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I don't prefer the Paris version of either over WDW, particularly Haunted Mansion.

The Paris version of Pirates is so far above the WDW version it's like a heavyweight fighting a lightweight. PM was closed when I was there so I cannot comment on it based on first-hand experience. From what I saw watching Martin's video of it, it is a notch or two above the WDW version.

As for the original topic, I'd pick Mansion. Pirates has been too neutered/watered down from the original.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
In magic kingdom, it’s mansion then pirates for me.

At Disneyland, it’s pirates then mansion.

It’s funny that magic kingdom has the condensed pirates while Disneyland has the condensed mansion, although Disneyland has an excuse because it’s the original. If you could build a park with the DL pirates and the MK mansion tho…

I assume the reason Pirates at WDW is the condensed version was that they were rushing it because there was so much demand to build that ride in Florida. There was no reason for them to rush it though and not make it as long as the DL version. They certainly had the space.

Neither. I'm riding BTMRR again if given a choice. Don't like either HM or PoTC.

Why is that?

Ayla

I assume the reason Pirates at WDW is the condensed version was that they were rushing it because there was so much demand to build that ride in Florida. There was no reason for them to rush it though and not make it as long as the DL version. They certainly had the space.

Why is that?
Because I don't.

Chef Mickey

The Paris version of Pirates is so far above the WDW version it's like a heavyweight fighting a lightweight. PM was closed when I was there so I cannot comment on it based on first-hand experience. From what I saw watching Martin's video of it, it is a notch or two above the WDW version.

As for the original topic, I'd pick Mansion. Pirates has been too neutered/watered down from the original.
Again, been on both versions multiple times. Call it nostalgic, but I prefer WDW. PM is like a different ride.

zipadee999

Yeah, from what I heard it sounds like they cancelled Western River Expedition abruptly and were given a strict deadline to make an east coast pirates as fast as they possibly could which made them cut scenes. But I’m not entirely sure that simply cloning Disneyland’s would’ve added THAT much extra time to construction. Maybe it was just to save money?

Part of me feels like the Paris version is what WDW could’ve been. It takes the idea of an Adventureland/Caribbean setting that eliminates the bayou aspect and builds upon the original instead of subtracts. I’d like to learn more about the development of the Paris version. I wouldn’t be surprised if it turns out something similar to Paris was being planned for Magic Kingdom but the imagineers were told ‘no’ due to time and budget

ppete1975

There are some rides better at night, I agree. Haunted Mansion is one of them. Jungle Cruise comes to mind and I think Thunder Mountain fits that bill too.
Im going to get attacked for this. I wish there was a way for Jungle Cruise to go skipperless sometimes or have a serious skipper, especially at night it gets a spookier vibe due not being able to see as well. I know Jungle Cruise has become a camp style ride with the skippers and some of the additions, but you could use the same ride and tell a totally different story just by changing the spiel sometimes. Although it would be terrible for wait times esp with lightning lane, maybe have two lines one for a serious boat and the rest of the boats would be normal. maybe have a red light and the others have a green.

Or they could do this for the halloween parties, maybe add a few lights but just tell spooky stories about the jungle.

And wouldnt cost them anything, and we know Disney loves that!

Ok I went off on a tangent again.. sorry.

MickeyLuv'r

I've have done both. Both are a fun way to end the day. It depends a bit where we happen to be, how many times we have already been on both (that visit). This time of year, I'd probably favor HM.

Oddly though, our last ride of the night tends to be PPan, going back to the days before paper FP.

MickeyLuv'r

Im going to get attacked for this. I wish there was a way for Jungle Cruise to go skipperless sometimes or have a serious skipper, especially at night it gets a spookier vibe due not being able to see as well. I know Jungle Cruise has become a camp style ride with the skippers and some of the additions, but you could use the same ride and tell a totally different story just by changing the spiel sometimes. Although it would be terrible for wait times esp with lightning lane, maybe have two lines one for a serious boat and the rest of the boats would be normal. maybe have a red light and the others have a green.

Or they could do this for the halloween parties, maybe add a few lights but just tell spooky stories about the jungle.

And wouldnt cost them anything, and we know Disney loves that!

Ok I went off on a tangent again.. sorry.
It is my understanding that sometimes they do alter the late night rides a bit towards slightly more adult jokes. (if few children are on board.)

Last year we enjoyed the Christmas/winter holiday version of Jungle Cruise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom