DDPGambit

That would be an awesome idea, and considering all the retro-Epcot merchandise thats around, we may very well see that in the near future.

MicBat

Yes indeed yes indeed!!!! I got this techno looking shirt with all of the old logos! I love it! On the sleeve, it's also got the old WDW logo. They've also got a long sleeve t-shirt with the logos going down the sleeves! That would be an AWESOME idea Horizons 1983!!!! Lately, I've been really into, what I call "RetroCOT" All of my friends looked at me like I was completely nuts when I was there back in April. I was all like, "Oh my gosh! This bathroom is total 'RetroCOT'!!!!" :hammer:

stingrock23

That is definitely a cool idea for the anniversary. I really miss the old Epcot complete with old logos too. Do they sell retroCot merchandise at Epcot now? i'm going in a few weeks and would definitely buy some if they are sold.

AdLibSean

I was down there in July of this summer and sadly only found the short-sleeve gray and the long-sleeve navy of the retro- Epcot shirts @ Mousegear. Maybe I didn't look hard enough but thats all I could find. I love the old Epcot stuff though and I think that an exhibit on past Epcot attractions would be awesome!

Speaking of Epcot's Anniversary, is there any word yet on if they're doing anything for October 1st? I know the 100 years of magic is still going on, but I was wondering if they were planning anything small to commemorate the occasion. Thanks!

lentesta

Premium Member
Let me get this straight - Epcot is currently selling long-sleeved shirts with the retro logos of now-gone attractions? Including Horizons?

Len

Hmm.. a retro Epcot area.. SOUNDS KILLER!!!!!! Now here is another thought, how about in one side of Innoventions put the retro-Epcot stuff showing where Epcot has come from, and in the other half put stuff showing where Epcot's future plans lie.. Interesting :)

RobFL

Account Suspended
A thought...

It wouldn't be hard to do at all. All of the history of Epcot is told out in larger than life blown up newspaper articles, old issues of Eyes and Ears, awards won, construction photos and such, along the main Epcot Cast Services building corridor.

It's kind of a bummer guests can't see this area.

-Rob

cymbaldiva

Retro Epcot merchadise would be so great! Actually, one of the coolest things I have is a poncho my aunt passed along to me...It only has the logos for MK and Epcot on it - needless to say, I love it so!! :sohappy:

jmvd20

Does everyone remember this post of mine 5 years ago? Though the communicore rugs have changed, you think Disney might have read my post about making that current area the Epcot History Tribute. I know it is currently in the old segway room but close enough. Glad I was able to contribute to disney's decisions :)

Mike T.

:lol:

You never know, you could be responsible for the current display! If so I thank you for posting the idea many years ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom