12/15 Everest Photo Update with Sign close-up

brertigger

Buzzforprez said:
Does this mean that the famous ladder is no more!!!!!!!!!!:lol:
Or maybe it just had too much to drink??????:lol:
Tune in tomorrow....Same Mouse time...Same Mouse Channel.:lol:

Maybe it was just sleeping late.

WDWFantasmic

I have a question. How is it that Splash Mountain being only 87 ft tall can take up 9.2 acres while EE at 199 ft takes up only 6.2 acres? EE looks a lot more massive to me. The one at Disneyland only take up 2.3 acres so why did they need all that space?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
WDWFantasmic said:
I have a question. How is it that Splash Mountain being only 87 ft tall can take up 9.2 acres while EE at 199 ft takes up only 6.2 acres? EE looks a lot more massive to me. The one at Disneyland only take up 2.3 acres so why did they need all that space?

Height = Up and Down

Acreage = horizontal area

What has one to do with the other?

Answer = NOTHING

:brick::hammer::brick::hammer::brick:

peter11435

Original Poster
WDWFantasmic said:

There is no EE at Disneyland. If you are referring to the Matterhorn they are completely different attractions. You can't compare the two. Like Montyman said acreage and height are two very different things. Everest has large outdoor areas in addition to the mountain. As for Splash Mountain I have never heard the 9.2-acre figure you mention. I personally have a hard time believing that to be accurate.

wdwjmp239

luvorlando said:
ev10.JPG

Ladder!

Is that the same ladder used in the Mission:SPACE construction photos posted on here a couple of yrs ago? I remember seeing a picture on here with the ladder inside the Mission:SPACE gift shop. If anyone could find that picture, please post it. I spent about an hour digging around this board trying to find it.

:animwink:

WDWFantasmic

peter11435 said:
There is no EE at Disneyland. If you are referring to the Matterhorn they are completely different attractions. You can't compare the two. Like Montyman said acreage and height are two very different things. Everest has large outdoor areas in addition to the mountain. As for Splash Mountain I have never heard the 9.2-acre figure you mention. I personally have a hard time believing that to be accurate.

I was talking about the Splash Mountain at Disneyland. Why is it the one here takes up 4 times the acreage when they are the same height and roughly the same length? The SM at MK looks about the same size as the one at Disneyland so where was the rest of the space used? The actual ride mountain/building doesn't look 4 times bigger to me and even with the queue, it couldn't be that much bigger since they are almost identical.

Denscott

WDWFantasmic said:
I was talking about the Splash Mountain at Disneyland. Why is it the one here takes up 4 times the acreage when they are the same height and roughly the same length? The SM at MK looks about the same size as the one at Disneyland so where was the rest of the space used? The actual ride mountain/building doesn't look 4 times bigger to me and even with the queue, it couldn't be that much bigger since they are almost identical.

Splash Mountain has a huge water resevoir backstage. I saw it on the Keys to the Magic Kingdom tour in 2003. That alone probably takes up a good portion of the square footage

WDWFantasmic

Denscott said:
Splash Mountain has a huge water resevoir backstage. I saw it on the Keys to the Magic Kingdom tour in 2003. That alone probably takes up a good portion of the square footage

But shouldn't the one at Disneyland have one also? What makes the MK one so special?

dandaman

ntn_haqqer said:
Is that the same ladder used in the Mission:SPACE construction photos posted on here a couple of yrs ago? I remember seeing a picture on here with the ladder inside the Mission:SPACE gift shop. If anyone could find that picture, please post it. I spent about an hour digging around this board trying to find it.

:animwink:

We just consider all the ladders like that to be the Ladder. :lol:

It's still a running joke.

Tim G

dandaman said:
We just consider all the ladders like that to be the Ladder. :lol:

It's still a running joke.
Nope... this one's dead...
Look at it... It's laying there.... so lifeless...

peter11435

Original Poster
WDWFantasmic said:
But shouldn't the one at Disneyland have one also? What makes the MK one so special?
The problem lies with your 9.2 acre figure for WDW's Splash Mountain. I know that is what this site says but it is not correct. I think it should say 2.9. WDW's Splash only takes up around 3 acres nowhere, near the 9 this site says. That should clear up your confusion.

WDWFantasmic

peter11435 said:
The problem lies with your 9.2 acre figure for WDW's Splash Mountain. I know that is what this site says but it is not correct. I think it should say 2.9. WDW's Splash only takes up around 3 acres nowhere, near the 9 this site says. That should clear up your confusion.

I trust you but I have seen numerous sites that say 9.2 acres. Like you, I find this unbelievable and think it must be a typo.

P.S If anybody can clear this up, I would be thankful.

Tim G

WDWFantasmic said:
I trust you but I have seen numerous sites that say 9.2 acres. Like you, I find this unbelievable and think it must be a typo.

P.S If anybody can clear this up, I would be thankful.
You're doing it again!!!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Corrus said:
You're doing it again!!!

Corrus! I thought you weren't listening... Or was that Jose? :lookaroun

Edit: Ok, it was Jose... Maybe you should too? Less stress:zipit: :brick: :zipit: :brick: :zipit:

WDWFantasmic

MontyMon said:
Corrus! I thought you weren't listening... Or was that Jose? :lookaroun

Edit: Ok, it was Jose... Maybe you should too? Less stress:zipit: :brick: :zipit: :brick: :zipit:

I agree. You don't have to listen to me if you don't want to.:snore:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom